Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Expected/Demanded of JC next Season?

Chiefinonhaze

Just keep doing what hes been doing. If we improve the team around him, and thats a big if but if we can get players around him to play better he will appear to many of you to be much improved, going through progessions faster, not staring down recievers, etc. Untill this happens though, hes going to look like a bad QB. Heck, look at Warner... You think that for 7 or 8 years he was a bad QB and the somehow remembered how to play the game? He has players around him now simular to what he had with St Louis and that JC simply doesnt have.

Once we take care of this porous O-Line, he'll be expected to take this team all the way---and he will.

Campbell has all the tools, both mental and physical, to lead this team to another SB. Anyone who understands the position of QB, or at the very least knows the sport of football, can see just that. He is a gamer! Is he mouthy and annoying like Philip Rivers? No. Is he going to date Jessica Simpson and be all over the tube? No. Jason Campbell will train, learn, and play as hard as anyone on the field. He will play tough, he will play hard, and he will not be shaken.

People can say what they'd like about JC, but the guy has "it", now we just need to surround him with people who also have "it."

Entering his 2nd full season as a starter, Campbell will finally be playing in the same offense for the first time in a long time.

It was expected this season and he didn't meet expectations.

Have no idea about next season. I would like to see some competition for the spot.

Entering his 2nd full season as a starter, Campbell will finally be playing in the same offense for the first time in a long time.
This will be his 3rd season as a starter.

It was expected this season and he didn't meet expectations.

Have no idea about next season. I would like to see some competition for the spot.

This will be his 3rd season as a starter.

Beat me to it.... 3rd season is correct. The only thing I hope is good for the kid is full second season in the same system...

I agree. I think this year his statline should have been around 18 TD's and 6 int's. I can think of a few TD's that were great plays by JC but were called back due to other players mistakes. That is a solid year. If he can perform the same next year with a better line and more help from a #2 Wr we can be ok.
So, you count the could-have-been-TD's, but not the could-have-been-INT's? and what about the significant number of could-have-been-TD's that were Campbell's fault? How should those fit in to his stat line?

His numbers are what they are. You can't adjust one cherry-picked stat without applying the same criteria to every stat. And besides, every QB in the league has multiple TD's taken off by offensive penalties/drops/miscues. It's not like Jason was the sole victim.

Since JC did play a key role in the draft of the wide receivers last year, I expect him to decide we should draft an offensive line.

Of course, he will sign himself to a great 6 year; $65 million deal with $30 million guaranteed

With this novel approach, within the next few years, every player on offense will have been selected by Campbell.

Campbell will then, as their leader, hold prayer sessions every Sunday, probably during the games and in the huddle.

The fans will be heard in the stands, saying "Oh, God."

I don't think JC will ever be held accountable by many' date=' like a failed politician who continues to be reelected, there will always be an excuse to blame some one else for their failure, JC fit's in that category beautifully.[/quote']

You're funny.

I expect our 2nd round receivers to step up and give him redzone targets. I expect an improved offensive line around him also. And then I expect him to be better than this year. He has improved every year. If he gets up to 64-65% completion rate and 7+ ypa then I'll be happy.

Just because people don't place all our offensive woes on him doesn't mean they think he's the next joe montana. At this point campbell has pretty much proven he's only a game manager and won't win games single-handedly. Some people think we need tom brady to win games. Good luck finding an elite qb like that.

Campbell is good enough to start, and win, in this league as long as he has talent around him receiving and blocking. Instead of concentrating on him (who, I think, unarguably is our 5th best offensive starter), we should focus on the other 6 guys who need to improve or be replaced. When he's in the bottom 3 players in our offense then we can think about replacing him.

I've don't recall any player getting such a free pass as Campbell has gotten. He needs to step up and become a solid pro QB next season. What does that mean specifically? How about not pulling down the ball every time there's a deep play on, just let it go and see what happens. Or making a quick throw here and there without the double clutch. I really just want some NFL caliber points out of the offense.

One more thing I'd like to see Campbell improve in is taking ownership of his play. It's subtle, but he has a habit of pointing out the need to block better and make more plays by others (which is fine) but never says "I need to get rid of the ball quicker", or " I really had a bad day today". Seems like it's always the other guy's fault they don't get the job done. Sometimes it's your fault, JC.

Other than the hail-Mary heave to Moss in the No game ... I can't re-call any re-memorable play from Jason all year. If he had any talent ... it would have surfaced by now. His contract is up next year and so is his career with the Skins. My dream wish is that he will be traded before the Draft to the Lions. Pray.

You know very well that there will be excuses made: "JC needs more time to mesh with Thomas, Kelly, etc."

We all want our team and players to succeed, but if Campbell is not the guy for us, I'd prefer we come to that conclusion earlier in the season rather than later, so we can get Brennan some regular season reps in 2009.

I've don't recall any player getting such a free pass as Campbell has gotten. He needs to step up and become a solid pro QB next season. What does that mean specifically? How about not pulling down the ball every time there's a deep play on, just let it go and see what happens. Or making a quick throw here and there without the double clutch. I really just want some NFL caliber points out of the offense.

One more thing I'd like to see Campbell improve in is taking ownership of his play. It's subtle, but he has a habit of pointing out the need to block better and make more plays by others (which is fine) but never says "I need to get rid of the ball quicker", or " I really had a bad day today". Seems like it's always the other guy's fault they don't get the job done. Sometimes it's your fault, JC.

Maybe you haven't listened to all his interviews. I heard him start out twice after losses in December by saying, "I need to look in the mirror at my play first".

I want to see JC put the team on his shoulders, bring the team from behind to win against the better teams in the league when the run game isn't working. The way he did it in the Sugar Bowl against VT. Until he can do this against a team like the Steelers and not a team like N.O. he will only be an average qb.

To be fair many qb's do the exact same. From the very good, rivers and manning, to the very mediocre, delhomme.

As far as him getting a free ticket and not being a solid qb, that's preposterous. If you ranked all the qb's in the league Campbell would be somewhere in the teens. Not great, but definitely solid. Would I love to have an all-pro qb? Who wouldn't? But is qb our most needed upgrade? No, not even close. Unless this team really bottoms out I think the qb spot is one of our least concerns.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasoncampbell/profile?id=CAM375235

These are Campbell's stats in the NFL.

Obviously JC has to improve upon his numbers to cement himself, and following in line with his current improvement, my projection for him, and thus what I expect out of him for next season is about:

16 G 3800+ yds 65% completion 20 TDs 10 INTs 88 rating

However if JC gets sacked 38 times again then it's going to be very difficult for him to reach these numbers. If JC is sacked less than 30 times he should be able to rech these numbers, or get pretty close. If he only marginally improves, or regresses, I'd still re-sign him, but for cheap and would have an open QB battle.

Well I said last year he needed to stop the turn overs and he did that.

Maybe this year he can do that and score points and win games.

(I didnt realize he was reading my post last year so I fugure I better cover it all this time)

:)

Duhh!!

It should all fall in place now!!!

:silly:

It's the offseason,you gotta have some fun.

But seriously,

Too much rides on too many other people for one man to win or fail.

It's not just waht Jason needs to do,It's what the Team needs to do.

Having a 4th ranked Defense who only gave up more that 24 points in a game (last game to) was sweet.

I liked what we did on kick offs.

But we sucked on punts,punt returns and scoring Offense.

I just hope that when the Offense does get on a roll our D isnt ranked 30th.

Sometimes teams have those problems.

And with all the holes we have I fear that day will come.

Archived