Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Philosophical Movie Quote

Sho-nuff

I got to see it this morning at 8:00am because this company called EMC had a promotion. It was free and we had to watch a promotional video before the Matrix started.

The Movie was awesome. Alot of good stuff and twists you don't expect in the story. Although, because it's a triligy it ends like LOTR and the 2nd Back to the Future (I remember being so pissed at that). Make sure you all stay until after the credits roll, they have a trailor for the 3rd one.

"Has it ever occurred to you that a no-win scenario is a possibility every Commander may face.... How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?" -Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek II

or perhaps

"The needs of the many... outweigh..."

"...the needs of the few..."

"...or the one."

I mean, Star Trek II is just full of time-honored philosophy. ;)

Agreed. And in the spirit of things:

"We learn by doing."

Bonus one. From just a tad earlier :silly:

"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting."

It isn't logical. But it is often true. :cool:

:cheers:

"When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well does anyone ever say to you sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"

"Sh!t no man, I believe you'd get your @ss kicked saying something like that man."

One of the quotes in the Agnostic's Handbook I'm planning to hand my kids on their 18th birthdays comes from "Wall Street" ...

"Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss."

"If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

"How can you expect me to trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants."

"Remember. No matter where you go: There you are."

My entire philosophy of life was quoted in just one sentence from what was otherwise a fairly lame movie (Night of the Comet)

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a f*ck!"

The line that was the most revolutionary when it was written, but has been so done to death it sounds horribly nauseating every time I hear it in another movie:

"It's nothing personal, strictly business."

Kevin West got my first choice.

OM, my brother tried that stuff with his kids (not the same quote, but something pithy) - they hadn't the faintest notion of what he was talking about. He considered it a letdown.

In The Third Man, Harry Lime (Orson Welles) offers what today would be called a 'rant' to the effect that Florence, with all it's internecine warfare and feuding, produced the Renaissance while Switzerland, with the benefits of 500 years of pacificistic neutrality, had produced the cuckoo clock.

Archived