Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kipers Mock Draft

Thirtyfive2seven

Ray or London?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Ray or London?

IMO, we can find a LB for good value in the mid to late rounds.

Maybe, but here's our recent list of drafted LB's in the mid-late rounds ;

Dallas Sartz (5)

HB Blades (6)

Kevin Simon (7)

Robert McCune (5)

Jared Newberry (6)

IMO, we need to get a new LB who will be starting this season. I hope we get one in FA or within the first 3 rounds of the draft. To be honest, I can see us picking a LB first up in the draft.

Maybe' date=' but here's our recent list of drafted LB's in the mid-late rounds ;

Dallas Sartz (5)

HB Blades (6)

Kevin Simon (7)

Robert McCune (5)

Jared Newberry (6)

IMO, we need to get a new LB who will be starting this season. I hope we get one in FA or within the first 3 rounds of the draft. To be honest, I can see us picking a LB first up in the draft.[/quote']

Oh, I agree we need to address the position. It's supposed to be a deep position in the draft, which is why I think finding one later for value might be a possibilty. If someone could convince me we could get a Patrick Willis type of LB at #13 I would be all for it. I like the LB from Virginia a bit better.

I like the LB from Virginia a bit better.

Who, Clint Sintim ? Is he a projected late first ?

I'm not necessarily saying we go LB at #13, but if we trade back for extra picks, I could see us going LB with a pick in the 20's, then pick linemen in rounds 2 & 3. ( depending on what extra picks we may get ).

Unless it is Aaron Curry, we shouldn't be taking a LB at 13 or the first round at all for that matter.

Our first pick(s) should be O-line or D-line (DT) in my opinion.

Depending how things go, if we could snag Clay Matthews, USC or Tyrone McKenzie, South Florida or Gerald McRath, Southern Missippi with a 3rd round pick.

Sintim is projected to go early in the 2nd, possibly late in the first but I don't see that happening unless he has an unreal day at the combine. I say that because this draft is deep at LB, inside and outside and considering other teams' needs I don't see him going until the 2nd.

My dream scenario would be to trade down and land him in the 2nd, maybe using our first on an offensive or defensive tackle.

Here's a good interview with Sintim:

http://pit.scout.com/2/832696.html

They say he's suited to play in a 3-4 but I think he would be very productive here in a 4-3, especially if we use him like we did Marcus Washington in the past, as an extra pass-rusher. This kid could be another James Harrison or Joey Porter type for sure.

The problems with the Redskins continue to be centered around the fact that they have old bodies on the offensive and defensive lines, thus they are dominated by other teams on the line. Portis has to rush for 30 carries just to get 100 yards, etc.

Linebacker and running back and receivers and QB are all sexy positions, but the Redskins are packed with defensive ends who have played linebacker or could convert to linebacker: Jason Taylor, Andre Carter, Chris Wilson, not to mention all the linebackers we already have. Daniels is injured and 35 years old.

The Redskins will trade down, its almost a guaranteed lock if they get an offer. And then the Skins will draft a lineman, either offensive or defensive. The Skins rarely do the right thing, but in this case, I think they have no choice.

Cerrato will NOT take any lineman in the first round. Period. So don't listen to Kiper at all. If Crabtree falls that far then they will pick him. If Sanchez falls that far we will take him. No lineman will be in the mix for that pick sure as heck. Dreamers. Lineman will always get the short shrift.

With us possibly getting rid of Jason Taylor next year, I do think that we will have to have someone opposite of Andre Carter. I know that Mayock was really high on that DT from Boston College, but if he isn't there I don't think that there is anything wrong with going DE. It addresses our need at DL.

With us possibly getting rid of Jason Taylor next year, I do think that we will have to have someone opposite of Andre Carter. I know that Mayock was really high on that DT from Boston College, but if he isn't there I don't think that there is anything wrong with going DE. It addresses our need at DL.

Not quite. Demetric Evans was pretty productive last year. The issue with our DL is not DE, but DT. I think we need at least two DT's brought in either through the draft, FA, or both.

I actually do like Tyson Jackson. He is a bigger DE, much like Peppers, who can rush the passer and play the run. He is like a Justin Tuck who can slide to the inside to play DT on passing downs.

Cerrato will NOT take any lineman in the first round. Period. So don't listen to Kiper at all. If Crabtree falls that far then they will pick him. If Sanchez falls that far we will take him. No lineman will be in the mix for that pick sure as heck. Dreamers. Lineman will always get the short shrift.

Yeh, all this talk of lineman is very interesting, but when are we going to start looking at players we might actually pick. Any good WR / RB / CB options at #13 :rolleyes:

Kiper is a ****ing idiot! I like him, but his mocks are ghey. Guarantee he changes this come draft once he realizes that the Redskins need an OT or DT.

It doesn't matter who is playing DE, without good DT's, they will be ineffective.

I want Raji but he will be gone before us. Orakpo will likely go to a 3-4 defense team.

We need DL (either DT or DE) and OL and LB... BPA out of those...

The trend is becoming drafting lots of DE's. I like Orakpo but don't think he'll be available at 13.

Fingers are crossed they trade down to accumulate more first day picks. I'd love to see at least a DL, OL and LB chosen on day one. A forth pick with another OL would be better yet.

Bingo! I'd love to see them trade down again and chose DL, OL, and a versatil

LB that can play both O/ILB. I would also be happy with 2 DL / 1 OL or 2 OL / 1 DL, ofcourse knowing the Skins history we will probably choose anything but OL/DL in the first round. Maybe we will choose 3 more receivers.

Actually, I think the Skins might will surprise by trading down to the 20s and picking up Everette Brown or George Selvie. Or am I just wishfully thinking like the rest of you guys?

I'd say wishfully thinking because Selvie is staying in school.

Personally I'm not too enthralled with the defensive ends this year. If you look at this year compared to next you'll find that next year's draft will be much deeper on the defensive line. However, it'll be a lot weaker on the offensive line. That's why I'm starting to think we should just pick up offensive linemen and go d line next year.

And to someone who said Tyson Jackson was like Peppers. He's big like peppers but his pass rushing is very limited. The guy has a total of 8 sacks in the last two years. He had one really good year but he is no peppers or tuck. I figure what we're looking at with him is more of a renaldo wynn run-stuffer type. That, of course, wouldn't be so bad if our olb's were better playmakers.

Archived