Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mel Kipers Mock Draft

Thirtyfive2seven

Ray or London?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Ray or London?

kiper is a retard. we will get raji, perry, or curry.

The problem with this is Curry and Raji probably wont be on the board at 13. I'm almost positive Raji wont be there, with packer, broncos going to a 3-4 they will get him before us. I think because of that one great prospect will fall to us.

1 of the big 4

Brian Orakpo

Everette Brown (after his combine doubtful)

Aaron Curry

I'll be happy with any of these guys.

The problem with this is Curry and Raji probably wont be on the board at 13. I'm almost positive Raji wont be there, with packer, broncos going to a 3-4 they will get him before us. I think because of that one great prospect will fall to us.

1 of the big 4

Brian Orakpo

Everette Brown (after his combine doubtful)

Aaron Curry

I'll be happy with any of these guys.

So glad you aren't the GM:doh:

(not sarcasm)

Based on what Kiper Jr. has projected before we pick, I don't see how we don't take Oher.

why is everyone so sold on Oher? this is about the 5th mock draft I have seen where Oher is not in the top 15 picks, and some not even in the top 20. Everyone says he is the most NFL ready OT, but I still like Eugene Monroe more from what I have seen.

I don't mean to pick on the guy, but it seems that this board has him ranked a lot higher than most other places.

If Orakpo is there at 13, you'd have to take him. I'd be very happy with that pick.

Hail,

H

So explain to me how effective Orakpo would be without any inside pressure?

JUST SAY NOT TO LIGHT WEIGHT DE'S!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED DT'S!!!!!!!

Everette Brown will for sure be in a 3-4 system. Orakpo is right there with him.

I have nothing against the Orakpo Pic even though he got shut down By Alex Boone in the Fiesta Bowl.. I still believe trade down but I would be cotent with Orakpo.. If i am reading tea leaves right(could be wrong) it looks like the redskins are going to be players in FA.

Also can we get a draft/free agency thread pinned on the board please

Orakpo is definitely a beast... weightroom warrior. Benches 515lbs, squats 600+ but as we all know that doesn't always equal great play on the field. In watching him play this year, I was impressed to say the least... I'd love to have him here but I can't help but think a pocket collapsing DT or LB is more important. If we decide to go defense, that is.

Orakpo is definitely a beast... weightroom warrior. Benches 515lbs, squats 600+ but as we all know that doesn't always equal great play on the field. In watching him play this year, I was impressed to say the least... I'd love to have him here but I can't help but think a pocket collapsing DT or LB is more important. If we decide to go defense, that is.

Exactly!!! What people fail to realize is that Carter was getting to the back of the pocket, but the DT's weren't collapsing the pocket allowing QB's to step in and move around freely. If we can have inside pressure, Evans and Carter will get 20 sacks total IMO.

Also Schwartz already stated that it would be unlikely that Detroit takes a QB #1 overall and Kitna would be the starter next year.

Out of curiosity, who do you suspect the Lions will pick if they don't draft a QB?

Even if they are going with Kitna this year, wouldn't you still want a young QB to hold the clipboard for 1-2 seasons behind Kitna before starting?

If Taylor and Carter are both still on the roster come draft day there is no way I can see the Skins taking a DE @ 13. I am hoping they nab one of the big 4 OT, Raji. If not I hope they trade back and look for an OT to fall or target Peria Jerry and then seek to bolster the interior OL with the following picks.

I think James Laurinatis is going to fall. If the first round goes with Maualuga and Curry being picked, I think we could pick up Laurinatis early in the second. I hope we can get a high second round and a middle second round with trades, and such. James Laurinatis, and a good OL. We get that, we can address DL in the third.

Fact of the matter remains.... we need a bigtime playmaker at LB. There is a reason Fletch hasn't been in the probowl. One... he's not a good pass rusher. I know MLB is the short-stop run stuffing type, but look at Laurinatis and Maualuga... they have AMAZING speed, and can rush the passer. Don't get me wrong, I love Fletch, and hope he retires a Redskin. There is still just that one reason he's always under the radar.

I like Kiper. [ ]

Kiper was the first one I saw that mentioned Cooley back in early 2004. Said he could be a steal of the draft back in Jan. 2004: http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=1710269

Even speculated that he'd be a great fit for Gibbs' offense. Kiper knows his players. Sometimes though, he could have a couple favorites that he'll hype up that end up being busts.

-------

Wow, he sure called Cooley right. As for draft coverage, I never hear people calling a 1st round pick a bust right off the bat. The talking heads always accentuate the positives. I'd love to hear some guy say, not just the usual "he's a 2nd rounder", but "this guy can't play. I guarantee bust".

Archived