Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Critic (show)

WVUforREDSKINS

I used to watch this show when it was on fox after the Simpsons and lately I have been watching it on some weird extended cable channel. I'm getting a lot more of the subtle jokes now that I am old

This show is freaking hilarious. Anyone else love this show? It beats the hell outta family guy, which used to be funny but now that they brought the show back the humor seems to be meant for pre teens.

Why the hell do they cancel all the good shows? The Critic, Arrested Development, etc

I loved that show.

Jay's sister's wedding with the dressmaker "We dressmakers have a very strict code, so I need to know. Do you deserve to wear virginial white? Because if you don't, you'll have to wear an off white, what we call a "hussy white". So which will it be? White white?

Margo Sherman: Yes... um...except for the gloves.

filming a commercial

Orson Welles: "Rosebud... yes, Rosebud frozen peas. Full of country goodness and green peaness. Wait, that's terrible. I quit."

That was a great show. John Loveitz (spelling) is a great actor. However, I don't know if I would say that the Critic is better than Family Guy, South Park or even Futurama (which was another show that got cancelled before its time), but a great show still the same.

That was a great show. John Loveitz (spelling) is a great actor. However, I don't know if I would say that the Critic is better than Family Guy, South Park or even Futurama (which was another show that got cancelled before its time), but a great show still the same.

Time to open the flood gates. The Family Guy just isn't that funny. The show just tries to find the most random social/entertainment reference from years gone bye to plug in.

South Park got it right with the Manatees.

Time to open the flood gates. The Family Guy just isn't that funny. The show just tries to find the most random social/entertainment reference from years gone bye to plug in.

South Park got it right with the Manatees.

While the Family Guy is completely random and that is probably their goal, I find it to be hilarious.

I guess we will have to just chalk it up to having different taste in humor.

While the Family Guy is completely random and that is probably their goal, I find it to be hilarious.

I guess we will have to just chalk it up to having different taste in humor.

I used to find it funny. Then it became like every episode was the same. Sometimes I still chuckle at it though. :)

I used to find it funny. Then it became like every episode was the same. Sometimes I still chuckle at it though. :)

The first three seasons of Family Guy were excellent. The jokes were clever and well done. When they brought the show back, something happened. The writing got terrible and the jokes were stale and completely lame.

South Park completely ownded Family Guy

BTW I am pretty sure the critic is on hulu

I used to watch this show when it was on fox after the Simpsons and lately I have been watching it on some weird extended cable channel. I'm getting a lot more of the subtle jokes now that I am old

The same thing happened with me and Futurama. I didn't get it when it came out, didn't think it was very funny...then after watching some more sci-fi things they were making fun of and maturing a little bit, I caught some episodes when they had it on adult swim and I was like...holy crap how did I miss this before? I have like all the seasons and the movies they've been making now, I love it.

It beats the hell outta family guy, which used to be funny but now that they brought the show back the humor seems to be meant for pre teens.

I feel exactly the same. I mean it's hard to complain that a show that was funny because it was retarded sucks now because it's too retarded, but it's been Simpsons-ized.

In an attempt to create stories when they had none, the characters have changed. Stewie used to be a diabolical genius baby now he's a borderline homosexual. Brian used to be simply an intelligent voice of reason for Peter, now he's a preachy mouthpiece for the views of the writers. Louis used to be the regular mom who goes nuts every once in a while, now she's some sex craved lunatic who will do anything, and the writers portray her as a stereotypic idiotic republican while Brian (again the writer's mouthpiece) frequently stomps all over her with political rhetoric.

Cleveland, Joe, and Quagmeyer were pretty much written out of most plots, with the exceptions of ones that sort of tainted, skewed, or destroyed their characters...well except for Quagmeyer but I never understood his appeal to begin with.

I don't remember much from this show other than the episode where the Critic went to Springfield in the Simpsons.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F31.html

Homer: [laughing hysterically] This contest is over! Give that man the

$10,000.

Jay: This isn't "America's Funniest Home Videos".

Homer: But...the ball! His groin! Ah ha! It works on so many levels!

[laughs more] Roll it again.

Archived