Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Reily's Life of Riley: Beer Pong

MattFancy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3831916

espn needs more stories about this and less about thw cowboys!:dallasuck:cheers:

ESPN is ruining the integrity of the game :mad:

Specifically:

Beer pong isn't beer pong if there is water in 40% of the cups

Beer pong is much easier if you play bs rules like allowing someone to lean halfway over the table on their throw, instead of requiring the front elbow to stay behind the table.

You can't "bounce" the ball in. The other team can block a bounce, and they always will.

Specifically:

Beer pong is much easier if you play bs rules like allowing someone to lean halfway over the table on their throw, instead of requiring the front elbow to stay behind the table.

You can't "bounce" the ball in. The other team can block a bounce, and they always will.

PREACH!!

And if the ball rolls back to you, you get what is called a "gentleman's shot". which is where you throw it from behind your back.

when a ball is rolling in the cup round and round here is the rule

Men - pull the ball out without touching beer

Women - blow the ball out without touching beer.

Specifically:

If you're good enough at bouncing, you can definitely bounce it in. I'm talking real quick, low trajectory, angled perfectly, bounce. Just takes some practice (and it obviously helps if you're a few games deep and reactions are a little slower, although that applies to both shooter and blocker as well).

PREACH!!

And if the ball rolls back to you, you get what is called a "gentleman's shot". which is where you throw it from behind your back.

when a ball is rolling in the cup round and round here is the rule

Men - pull the ball out without touching beer

Women - blow the ball out without touching beer.

With the rules we play in Tallahassee we don't let guys pull the ball out of the cup. Girls can, or blow it out, but guys have to deal with it.

yea wtf in that picture the guy's elbow is almost halfway across the table anyone can make a shot like that. we use to have some different rules back at the last house I lived at. It was a straight six cup match with no redemption shot and re-racks at 4, 3, and 2. Guy's finger, Girl's blow. Also played rollbacks if both players on the team made a cup they got to shoot again, and it was an automatic win if both players made a shot in the same cup or if you made a shot in the opponent's drinking cup. It was an epic win if you made it in the opponent's drinking cup when they weren't paying attention.

If you're good enough at bouncing, you can definitely bounce it in. I'm talking real quick, low trajectory, angled perfectly, bounce. Just takes some practice (and it obviously helps if you're a few games deep and reactions are a little slower, although that applies to both shooter and blocker as well).

I agree. Bouncing works if you have skill. It's worth two cups the way I have always played so why not try it? Plus if you get a flaky team that isn't paying attention you can sneak it by them. If not they still might knock over some cups in the process. It's win-win...........

yea wtf in that picture the guy's elbow is almost halfway across the table. anyone can make a shot like that.

Yea I noticed that. However I played in the MD Beer Pong League one summer with a friend and they had no rules against elbows. Kinda ghey but whatever..........

From the mean streets of Waldorf (which I took with me to Salisbury U), we play by fairly strict rules when compared to alot of people.

Elbow stays behind the edge of the table (if there is no line on the floor or something). No re-racks, ****es can blow but guys can't do anything. No gay "behind-the-back" shots on rollbacks. You can bounce and if it goes in, you only get one cup--no extra cups (but other team can play defense, of course). Rebuttal shots allowed. If you make it in the opponent's cups while in his hand, that's the game. Your cup must be empty before you take your next shot.

Those are for social games, but when there's a big party or something, and you want to fit in more games, we'll change the rules to accelerate the games and get more people on the table. This means you get a re-rack, bounces are allowed, etc. But the core players don't like the party rules.

WVU rules: Elbows behind the table, no reracks, ALL BEER CUPS MUST BE AT LEAST HALF FULL...........WITH BEER, no pulling balls out of cups regardless of gender, once a ball bounces you can swat it, but a bounce-in equals 2 cups, and exposure of the breasts by female participants for distraction purposes is highly encouraged. Some people play 1 redemption shot, that was up to the house.

WVU rules: Elbows behind the table, no reracks, ALL BEER CUPS MUST BE AT LEAST HALF FULL...........WITH BEER, no pulling balls out of cups regardless of gender, once a ball bounces you can swat it, but a bounce-in equals 2 cups, and exposure of the breasts by female participants for distraction purposes is highly encouraged. Some people play 1 redemption shot, that was up to the house.

These are our exact rules. Plus two makes then bring it back, two in the same cup equals 3 drinks and bringing the shots back.

Beer pong is played with paddles. This game is called Beirut' date=' although it's not Beirut unless there is beer and full contact for loose balls. Haha, I said loose balls. :)

If you can win a Beirut tournament without being sloppy drunk, you've won nothing.[/quote']

I had a friend from upstate NY that called it "Beirut" and we always looked at him like :wtf:

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong

The meaning of the terms Beer pong and Beirut may vary depending on where the game is played. Beer pong is the more common name of the game, with a CollegeHumor survey showing that 77% of respondents called it "Beer pong," versus 23% for "Beirut".[13]

The naming of "Beirut" is disputed. The Daily Princetonian suggests that the name was coined at Bucknell or Wisconsin around the time of the Lebanese Civil War, Beirut being the capital of Lebanon and scene of much fighting.[11]

redlight, wtf is the point of bouncing if its only worth 1 cup and the other team can play defense?

Exactly. We don't like giving away free cups. Bouncing or not, you make one cup, that one cup is all you get. Bouncing off the table is gay and is discouraged.

Bouncing off the ceiling... well, that's a different story.

I had a friend from upstate NY that called it "Beirut" and we always looked at him like :wtf:

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong

Beer pong is a game where you set up two full cups on each side of a ping-pong table. Players use paddles and it's essentially ping-pong with cups as targets. If your opponent hits the cup, you drink, if he/she hits it in the cup, you chug the whole thing. Play to 11 or 21 and whoever loses drinks the remaining beer on the table. People referring to Beirut as beer pong makes my skin crawl.

I was always under the impression that "Beer Pong" is the version played with paddles, while "Beirut" is played by tossing the ball, which is what most of us are describing here. I still call it beer pong, though.

Archived