Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins talking about skins on The Sirius Blitz

gobigred

lol @ that penalty costing us playoffs. What about giving the ball to our fullback instead of the best player we have? What about not being able to throw more then 200 yds? What about the same ****ing lame ass plays being called since mid season?:doh:

You mean where Zorn called the play that every fan on ExtremeSkins has been begging the Skins to run for the last two years? You guys have short memories. Portis hasn't been able to punch it in on short yardage consistently for at least three years. Fans have been looking for the big bruising FB (like TB had) to punch it in. Remember the trade with Atlanta for a heavy RB that cost the Skins a 3rd and 4th pick? How many times have fans called for Sellers to take the ball in short yardage? The call for Sellers certainly wasn't the same lame *ss play that had been called all season. It was a bold call - you can criticize Zorn for calling it again the second time instead of Portis on a sweep but the OL probably said they could get the job done.

If he was being serious when blaming Moss for not making the playoffs, he is an idiot.

Agreed. Is that some kind of joke that MOSS cost us a playoff spot? Not our D falling apart for most 4th quarters? Get real Riggo.... Your old ass needs to shut the hell up about this stuff already. I wish I had the stats of the defense on "game-ending" drives. Our defense played great for 3 and a half quarters every week. The other half quarter usually cost us a game or two. If someone had the stats of our defense in the 4th quarter compared to the rest of the game, I bet they show a huge decrease in production. Maybe the D needs more conditioning in practice and the offseason.

EFFF RIGGO

Riggins is correct on all his points.

As currently constructed' date=' this team is flawed in way too many aspects to ever win consistently. Here's what we have:

* An average quarterback who has shown an inability to create plays on his own. If everyone else on offense performs perfectly, he can be a passable QB. If any other aspect breaks down on any play, he's usually in trouble.

* An aging offensive line delivering steadily decreasing results.

* A solid starting running back who has lost his breakaway speed and who is at the mercy of the aforementioned aging offensive line.

* A top-tier tight end whose numbers are inflated by the fact that he is our average quarterback's security blanket. Still, this is our best position on offense.

* A completely deficient set of wide receivers without a true #1 option. Our de facto #1 option is a midget whose ego is much bigger than his heart - the penalty against the Bengals was the final straw for me. Anyone who celebrates himself after scoring a TD to pull within 10 points of a terrible team is simply a loser. Moss has had great moments as a Redskin, but he's not a true #1, and he should be replaced as #1 by a bigger, stronger receiver and demoted to the #2 spot or released this offseason.

* A defense that put up solid numbers, but that in the final 2/3 of the season too often failed to stop opponents when it had to - with the game on the line in the 4th quarter.

* An unproven head coach who demonstrated no acumen for mid-season philosophical or situational adjustments, let alone mid-game adjustments.

* A borderline-retarded front office that is the laughingstock of the rest of the league.

Pretty depressing stuff. But until many of these things are addressed and changed, we are looking at a string of 4-12 type seasons for the foreseeable future.[/quote']

Really? He is correct in the fact that Moss cost us a playoff spot? Cmon man get over the fact that he USED to be the best running back in Redskins history. He has now been passed by CP and he is pissed about it. I am tired of reading the crap coming out of his mouth.

YES! The team hasn't had that emotion on the sideline all season long for the most part. It showed up in the Philly game and the Bengals game I think. When JZ chest pumped Fletch or someone, can't remember who. The whole team seemed electrified.

My wife even noticed it, which is saying something. She asked me "Where has this team been?"

I think that is one of my biggest ****es about this season. There was rarely any emotion this year on the sidelines. Bite my tongue, but kind of like I saw on the Doughboys sidelines alot of the time (other than their arguing).

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Agreed. Is that some kind of joke that MOSS cost us a playoff spot? Not our D falling apart for most 4th quarters? Get real Riggo.... Your old ass needs to shut the hell up about this stuff already. I wish I had the stats of the defense on "game-ending" drives. Our defense played great for 3 and a half quarters every week. The other half quarter usually cost us a game or two. If someone had the stats of our defense in the 4th quarter compared to the rest of the game, I bet they show a huge decrease in production. Maybe the D needs more conditioning in practice and the offseason.

EFFF RIGGO

At least the Defense would show up for 3 quarters a game. I think the offense showed up for 3 quarters all season.

Riggins is right... Moss, Portis, Sellers and others are part of culture of losing and excuses on this team. Moss doesn't take over games... doesn't turn many routine plays into touchdowns. In fact, in the SF game... he dropped a short crossing route that would have moved the chains and kept a drive alive. What did he do? Slapped his hands together, ala Champ Bailey, and ran to the sideline.

Portis runs hard... but doesn't turn routine running plays into touchdowns. No longer breaks long runs or touchdowns and is typically looking for the ground at the 2nd level to avoid the big hit.

Sellers misses as many plays as he makes but believes the beast press clippings and man crushes that surround them.

No leadership... culture of losing.... excuses... all equal 8-8.

Really? He is correct in the fact that Moss cost us a playoff spot? Cmon man get over the fact that he USED to be the best running back in Redskins history. He has now been passed by CP and he is pissed about it. I am tired of reading the crap coming out of his mouth.

On the Moss thing, he was exaggerating to make a point, I think. Moss's stupid celebration was indicative of the entire team's attitude that day - and if they play with heart and win that game AS THEY SHOULD HAVE they would have been in the playoffs. I don't agree that Moss's penalty cost the game, but it sure didn't help much. It was up there with Westbrook's helmet toss and Frerotte's head butt among the dumbest things I've ever seen a Redskins player do on the field.

I'll listen to CP's opinion when he brings a Lombardi Trophy to Redskins Park. Until then CP is a step below.

Reading some of the posts here I kind of get thr idea that many of you would rather have Moss, And CP here no matter what. Even if it means never getting above average. I like CP. But he needs to check his attitude. And as far as I'm concerned I'll take wins over player stats any day.

Riggins just a hater. and he has a doublestandard because he did the same things and caused the same if not greater distractions.

Riggo did not cause any distractions. He may have liked to drink and go out on the town but he never did the type of things that he is criticising Portis & Moss for. I tend to agree with a lot of what Riggo says about the redskins...just because Riggins played for the skins it does not make him a "hater" to criticise the way they do business or the selfish way that portis acts.

- Feels Santana Moss is part of the problem in the locker room

- Not sure Zorn got what it takes to lead feels that Zorn should have

benched Moss after the the penalty in the Cincinnati game. He said

Moss cost team the playoffs.

I completely disagree w/ this statement. One play did not cost us the playoffs. We lost 8 games, for various reasons. This statement is just ridiculous.

I completely disagree w/ this statement. One play did not cost us the playoffs. We lost 8 games, for various reasons. This statement is just ridiculous.

I think Riggo may be unfairly lumping Moss in since he and Portis are friends and because of that one play but his overall points on Portis and the redskins as a whole are dead on.

When he said Moss cost us the playoffs he was not referring to the Cincy game. Last year he said in the games we lost and needed to win Moss did not pay well, he said that all year and look at the numbers below, he was right.

Week 1 NYG 37 yards, 1 TD

Week 6 STL 22 yards

Week 9 PIT 14 yards

Week 11 DAL 29 yards

Week 13 NYG 55 Yards

Week 14 BAL 48 yards

Week 15 CIN 72, 1 TD

Week 17 SF 68 Yards

So in the games we lost our #1 WR threat averaged 43 yards and .25 TDs

THAT IS PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real #1's average that in a quarter

Riggins gets respected because he did his stuff on a winning team. I don't know how he would have acted in Gibbs 2.0 or under Zorn or in this 21st century NFL. What I do know is that he has a lot of opinions, most of them against the Redskins players and personnel, particularly Moss and Portis.

And even if you want to speak highly of Riggins, lets talk about Gary Clark (my favorite skin of all time). He was known to get in Gibbs's face time and again, but he showed up when it mattered, especially when #11 was the QB.

All I'm sayin is that Riggo has a double standard that he's judging this team by that he didn't judge the players of the 80s by. And I really think he's just bitter.

Stop it, just stop it please. If you really think Riggins was a double standard team cancer then you know absolutly nothing about the history of the Redskins, although I see you tried to rewrite some it with his get out of practice BS you were posting. You're also wrong and don't understand the dynamic relationship between Gibbs and his former players including Gary Clark. Clark knew the line and never crossed it, he was just a passionate player but you again confuse that with team cancer. BTW Gibbs I went to 4 Super Bowls winning 3 of them, and what exactly has this group of overrated me first players done? NOTHING. Do you understand that, you can not compare the characters of winning teams with the distracting over hyped players of a 38-42, since 2004, team that has accomplished nothing.

Now I'm going to help you understand this, the 80's players had each others back, they respected Gibbs, and they played for the franchise and the fans. They won together and they lost together but the team always came first. Sure they had different personalities but come Sunday those guys knew they could count on each other.

lol @ that penalty costing us playoffs. What about giving the ball to our fullback instead of the best player we have? What about not being able to throw more then 200 yds? What about the same ****ing lame ass plays being called since mid season?:doh:

Yep I think you hit that one on the Head!!! 8-8 and someones going to point at one game of the 8??? How bout losing to some scrub teams in there, I'd say thats why were not in the playoffs!!! How bout our D line hasn't been worth a crap in years and now the O line looks just as bad protecting the pass, and while were at it how bout the passing game looks shady too!!!

When he said Moss cost us the playoffs he was not referring to the Cincy game. Last year he said in the games we lost and needed to win Moss did not play well, he said that all year and look at the numbers below, he was right.

Hammer meets nail.

Most true #1's,even when double covered,open up the other receivers somewhere on the field....unless you're the Redskins. :doh:

When he said Moss cost us the playoffs he was not referring to the Cincy game. Last year he said in the games we lost and needed to win Moss did not pay well, he said that all year and look at the numbers below, he was right.

Week 1 NYG 37 yards, 1 TD

Week 6 STL 22 yards

Week 9 PIT 14 yards

Week 11 DAL 29 yards

Week 13 NYG 55 Yards

Week 14 BAL 48 yards

Week 15 CIN 72, 1 TD

Week 17 SF 68 Yards

So in the games we lost our #1 WR threat averaged 43 yards and .25 TDs

THAT IS PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real #1's average that in a quarter

Lets see, 43 yards per quarter....thats 172 yards per game

172 times 16 = 2752.

Please show me a WR who's averaging 2752 yards per season? I don't think that number has ever been approached, let alone averaged.

So I guess according to you, there has never been a REAL #1 in the NFL.

:doh:

Stop it, just stop it please. If you really think Riggins was a double standard team cancer then you know absolutly nothing about the history of the Redskins, although I see you tried to rewrite some it with his get out of practice BS you were posting. You're also wrong and don't understand the dynamic relationship between Gibbs and his former players including Gary Clark. Clark knew the line and never crossed it, he was just a passionate player but you again confuse that with team cancer. BTW Gibbs I went to 4 Super Bowls winning 3 of them, and what exactly has this group of overrated me first players done? NOTHING. Do you understand that, you can not compare the characters of winning teams with the distracting over hyped players of a 38-42, since 2004, team that has accomplished nothing.

Now I'm going to help you understand this, the 80's players had each others back, they respected Gibbs, and they played for the franchise and the fans. They won together and they lost together but the team always came first. Sure they had different personalities but come Sunday those guys knew they could count on each other.

:violin:

If it looks like a double standard, and quacks like a double standard....Ima call it a double standard. What you're telling me is that its Okay for Riggins and Clark to whine and complain and pull off stunts and tricks because they still won SBs, but its not okay for Moss and Portis because they haven't won a SB. The Cowboys won SBs too, are you saying that Irvin wasn't a cancer or a distraction? What about Leon Lett. According to you and many of the Riggins defenders, because they still won, it doesn't matter.

SB teams can have cancers and distractions too. And NON-SB teams can be teams that DO NOT HAVE CANCERS too.

And for the record (and everybody who's criticizing me), I do not have a problem with Riggins's missing practices and walking out on his coach, showing up drunk, etc...I think its part of what makes him unique. Same way I loved seeing Clark screaming for the ball and being his normal self, because it was part of what gave our team an identity. I'm not saying that either of them was a distraction or a cancer. But I am using them as an example to show that there are many characters and personalities on a football team. Not everybody is gonna have a Barry Sanders (hand the ball to the ref) or an Art Monk (keep ya mouf shut) attitude. As long as what's happening is inspiring the team, I'm cool with it - the same way Lawrence Taylor (another SB winner) would take a personal foul penalty to intimidate the other teams.

Archived