Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"IF" we were to trade JC...for WHO?

FunBunch7

I personally don't think he is a franchise quarterback, but what other options might there be if we were to trade him? Who ever we were to bring in might be in an open competition in camp with Colt.

Matt Leinart? I would expect the Cardinals to sign Warner for 2 more years in which case they might want a veteran to back him up.

Rex Grosman? Yeah, he's a turnover machine but he has played in big games. Plus we wouldn't need to worry about his feelings being hurt if Colt beats him out.

Marc Bulger? They seem to have soured on him in St. Louis probably due to his large contract and poor record. But that team is a mess so you can't pin it all on him.

These are just a few names that somewhat intrigue me due in part to their current situation that may need to change and the fact that Campbells won/loss record of 14-15 the last 2 years given his ground game and defense is lesss than stellar.

Not to mention Washington is a tough place on QBs if you don't get it done in a hurry. This ofcourse is assuming we were to trade JC for another QB...which almost never happens in the NFL.

A month ago I would have said that Matt Cassel would be our QB...but I doubt New England would let him get away for less than 2 first rounders once they franchise him. Plus there is the uncertainty of Tom Brady's knee.

wouldn't mind if we could get Brady Quinn, but that'll never happen. We lost our shot at that. Doubt Zona' would give up Leinhart due to Warners age.

viable option besides Campbell would be Cassel on the FA market this season, although he would want a pretty penny with the way he played this season.

I was at the game when the Cards lost to the Bears on monday night followed by Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were..." meltdown...

It was AMAZING the way Leinart carved up that Bears defense!!!!

Things haven't worked out for him in AZ...but I seriously believe Leinart IS a franchise QB.

Leinart on that list makes sense. Not a bomb thrower, but an accurate guy who makes good decisions. It's been talked about and I think nixed by most of ES if I remember correctly

-You have got to be kidding right!!! LOL, you made me laugh anyways!!!!

:rotflmao:

-And if you werent joking, comments like this make me :puke:

-Look at the bigger picture to why we were 8-8, JC never threw one of those games away alone, not even one, the losses were all a team effort!! JC stays, the O-Line gets revamped!!

I was at the game when the Cards lost to the Bears on monday night followed by Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were..." meltdown...

It was AMAZING the way Leinart carved up that Bears defense!!!!

Things haven't worked out for him in AZ...but I seriously believe Leinart IS a franchise QB.

-I am for keeping JC around!! The reason you guys are talking about bringing Leinart in is because our 8-8 record wasnt good enough. JC didnt loose the games for us, they were all a team effort.

-The game you are talking about here was a loss, and Leinart was the QB. So basically, if he was brought here and played good, and we still lost, we would be in the same situation. Because football is a team sport not a QB sport!! In that game the rest of the team played poor even though Leinart play good they lost. If you look at the bigger pic. that is what has been happening here. There wasnt one game this year that are whole team played well, even in the games we won!!

Leinart on that list makes sense. Not a bomb thrower, but an accurate guy who makes good decisions. It's been talked about and I think nixed by most of ES if I remember correctly
Leinart?

He makes bad decisions. He's a statue in the pocket. Noodle arm. And he's got a piss poor work ethic- he'd rather hang out in hot tubs and party than study in the film room.

He hasn't been able to succeed competing against the NFC West and throwing to Fitzgerald and Boldin, guys that make plays for you if you put the ball anywhere near them. He'd be a disaster in the NFC East with Moss and Randle El.

it's time to put up or shut up for JC. This is his year to prove he's worth a damn. Time to man up JC. or it's CB5 time.

That was this year imo. I'm tired of hearing "let's just give him (any player) more time" when they've gotten more than enough time to prove they are or are not the person for the job.

That was this year imo. I'm tired of hearing "let's just give him (any player) more time" when they've gotten more than enough time to prove they are or are not the person for the job.
Except we're really currently in no position to do anything else about it.

Our draft picks must go towards our lines. That's a fact- we've already neglected them for too long and at this point it's a serious detriment to the long term future of the team, especially in a draft with such a good amount of quality o-linemen available in the first 2 rounds. So that rules out drafting a QB. This doesn't appear to be that strong of a QB draft any way, in that event.

There aren't going to be any worthwhile FA QBs to pick up for the WCO, especially none that would be able to do more than Campbell does for us for one more year. So there goes that option.

On our bench we have Todd Collins and Colt Brennan. I don't think anybody in their right mind believes Collins could do anything special for us in this offense. Brennan's got a very intriguing compact drop back and quick release with accuracy, but he's still very raw for the pro game.

Meanwhile Campbell's going on the last year of his contract, so he knows the pressure is on him to put up or shut up, and ultimately Zorn will make the final decision on what he sees in him for the future.

And it's not like QB is our missing piece right now to go 14-2 to the Super Bowl. Our starting receivers are inconsistent and we have two rookies developing, our line's age and prior injuries caused it to wear down upon facing the elite pressure defenses of the league, and our defense, although pretty good most of the year, lacks any real pass rush from the front four and just made Shaun Hill look like Joe Montana 2.0 when it counted. Zorn meanwhile has said Campbell is sticking around going into next year so he can see what he's really made out of.

So between now and maybe Week 9 or 10 if he's sucking big time, we're going with #17 under center, whether some people love it or hate it.

Except we're really currently in no position to do anything else about it.

Our draft picks must go towards our lines. That's a fact- we've already neglected them for too long and at this point it's a serious detriment to the long term future of the team, especially in a draft with such a good amount of quality o-linemen available in the first 2 rounds. So that rules out drafting a QB. This doesn't appear to be that strong of a QB draft any way, in that event.

There aren't going to be any worthwhile FA QBs to pick up for the WCO, especially none that would be able to do more than Campbell does for us for one more year. So there goes that option.

On our bench we have Todd Collins and Colt Brennan. I don't think anybody in their right mind believes Collins could do anything special for us in this offense. Brennan's got a very intriguing compact drop back and quick release with accuracy, but he's still very raw for the pro game.

Meanwhile Campbell's going on the last year of his contract, so he knows the pressure is on him to put up or shut up, and ultimately Zorn will make the final decision on what he sees in him for the future.

And it's not like QB is our missing piece right now to go 14-2 to the Super Bowl. Our starting receivers are inconsistent and we have two rookies developing, our line's age and prior injuries caused it to wear down upon facing the elite pressure defenses of the league, and our defense, although pretty good most of the year, lacks any real pass rush from the front four and just made Shaun Hill look like Joe Montana 2.0 when it counted. Zorn meanwhile has said Campbell is sticking around going into next year so he can see what he's really made out of.

So between now and maybe Week 9 or 10 if he's sucking big time, we're going with #17 under center, whether some people love it or hate it.

Well said, and something I've also been trying to get across to people. :cheers:

Why did we even draft Colt Brennen if were not going to give him a chance? The last thing we need is to bring another bum into this organization to lead it. If were going to bring in another QB, then bring in a proven one.

They probably drafted him as a potential backup since Collins is a dinosaur. There is a reason 32 teams passed on him until we picked him up in the 6th. Organizations that are looking for a starter at QB don't wait until the 6th round to draft one. They do it in the 1st, or MAYBE the 2nd if they really like certain attributes he has. QBs drafted in late rounds usually end up not being in the league for long or being backups. Only a small number end up as huge surprises and go on to lead a team for years.

They probably drafted him as a potential backup since Collins is a dinosaur. There is a reason 32 teams passed on him until we picked him up in the 6th. Organizations that are looking for a starter at QB don't wait until the 6th round to draft one. They do it in the 1st, or MAYBE the 2nd if they really like certain attributes he has. QBs drafted in late rounds usually end up not being in the league for long or being backups. Only a small number end up as huge surprises and go on to lead a team for years.

Lets talk some patriots for a second.

Trades just don't happen much in the NFL.

That said, the unwritten rule about a QB is it takes three years of playing time to truly get it and begin to flourish.

We've seen that happen enough that I'd say there's something to it.

Since 09 will be his third year playing, I say we have spent enough picks, time and money on JC that we owe it to ourselves to make sure.

~Bang

Archived