Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open QB Competition ????

Ant15fromNJ

Personally I am not sold at all on Jason. He doesn’t help our team win; he just doesn’t make us lose. He played well vs. Saints and at Dallas, at Detroit (but who doesn’t). He pass over 250 yards very few times which we don’t have the type on running game or defense to play 2000 Ravens football. I remember the open competition between Shuler and Gus back in the 1990’s a first round pick with athletic talent in Shuler and Gus a nobody, Gus played well for a few season and had a decent career. All I am saying is Jason shouldn’t be in as starting QB next year without a competition; he played the same since he started back in 2006. I just want to see a QB competition with Colt Brennan to see who is really better this summer.

I have no problems with an open competition whatsoever, I still think Jason should get more time, but if someone who is in training camp can help this team win better than he can, than I dont really care who plays for us...

As a prediction, I think Matt Hasselbeck starts at quarterback for Washington in 2009.

Personally I am not sold at all on Jason. He doesn’t help our team win; he just doesn’t make us lose. He played well vs. Saints and at Dallas, at Detroit (but who doesn’t). He pass over 250 yards very few times which we don’t have the type on running game or defense to play 2000 Ravens football. I remember the open competition between Shuler and Gus back in the 1990’s a first round pick with athletic talent in Shuler and Gus a nobody, Gus played well for a few season and had a decent career. All I am saying is Jason shouldn’t be in as starting QB next year without a competition; he played the same since he started back in 2006. I just want to see a QB competition with Colt Brennan to see who is really better this summer.

Oh, but he does make us lose!! By not being able to move the chains in the second half of games especially the 4th quarter he has kept our defense on the field too long and they are worn out and unable to contain opponents offenses. Also, by being inept when it comes to accuracy and poor reads, holding the ball too long and telegraphing his intent he forces us to run the ball which lets them concentrate on containing Portis and when we can't run everyone knows we sure can't pass our way out of a paper bag. Jason does cause us to lose. It is our defense and our running game that allows us to win when we win.

Oh, but he does make us lose!! By not being able to move the chains in the second half of games especially the 4th quarter he has kept our defense on the field too long and they are worn out and unable to contain opponents offenses. Also, by being inept when it comes to accuracy and poor reads, holding the ball too long and telegraphing his intent he forces us to run the ball which lets them concentrate on containing Portis and when we can't run everyone knows we sure can't pass our way out of a paper bag. Jason does cause us to lose. It is our defense and our running game that allows us to win when we win.

The defense being on the field too long had nothing to do with the Rams loss.

It was one 40 yard pass on an underthrown ball.

I guess Cooley's fumble didn't get the offense off the field in the Bengal's game. And Sellers fumble at the goal line didn't have anything to do with the loss either.

And the fumble by Portis in this game also helped the Redskins stay on the field?

I get so sick of JC getting all the blame and the mistakes by other players just go unnoticed.

Listen, a lot of JC supporters think an open competition is heresy and will ream you a new one. They'll blame it on everything but JC. There's some truth in that but it's not enough IMO to just hand him the job next year. Personally I can't see the problem with an open competition at every position but the 'deep thinkers' here will disagree.

I guess we need an open competition, but I mean, I'm still not sure if JC is just a subpar QB, or if this offensive scheme just really sucks. I'm thinking maybe a good O-Coordinator might be better for this team than a new QB. Nonetheless, this was supposed to be a proving year for JC, and he didn't step up and lead the team as expected. Next year it's do or die for sure.

...Personally I can't see the problem with an open competition at every position but the 'deep thinkers' here will disagree.

Thinking deeply needs to translate into positive action and going with guys who are give you the best chance to win games! Or, will we settle for mediocre again next season? :2cents:

I guess we need an open competition, but I mean, I'm still not sure if JC is just a subpar QB, or if this offensive scheme just really sucks. I'm thinking maybe a good O-Coordinator might be better for this team than a new QB. Nonetheless, this was supposed to be a proving year for JC, and he didn't step up and lead the team as expected. Next year it's do or die for sure.

yeah, absolutely right there. i can see another season in this WCO scheme with JC and maybe a new O-Cord. If that fails or leads to another mediocre season then its def. on for 2010.

personally, i can't see JC making any incredible strides. he's never made one throw or decision that made me think he could be a legitimate NFL QB

Archived