Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Terl: On the Field for Practice- 12/25/08(Kelly related)

J.Campbell17

http://blog.redskins.com/2008/12/25/on-the-field-for-practice-12-25/

malcolmleap.jpg

• Speaking of meaningless, the coolest thing I saw out there today was Malcolm Kelly making the above catch. You can't tell what it is, because I didn't have time to turn my camera sideways, but he was badly overthrown on a practice toss from someone and went up and grabbed the thing one-handed. It was -- and I've written this before about other, similar plays he's made in practice -- exactly what we need to see from him in a game situation.

Here's to Kelly doing that this Sunday! :cheers:

Hopefully the coaching staff will activate him for this week and give him extensive playing time. Same goes for all the rookies

I'd really like to see Kelly out there for a full game

+1

I'd like to see some of the young bucks out there getting some much needed time on the field and hopefully some good vibes to carry with them in the offseason for a little encouragement to work hard and make a big splash next season.

I'm sure the rookies know where they need to improve during the off season. These guys have beed studs all of their lives and I doubt that riding the pine is acceptable for any of them... They'll be ready to contribute in '09.

So they'll just turn it on just like that and dominate the NFL huh? You don't think that a WR with bad knee's, who ran as fast as TE in his workout and another that was a one year wonder within a spread offense at college just might not be that good? Why doesn't every player just improve and become a pro-bowler after an off season of reflection? Every player in the NFL was a college stud just because we drafted them doesn't make them instant pro-bowlers.

Malcom Kelly will be there next year as long as he stays healthy. He needs to get with some of the veterans and ask them for some training advice or if he could train with them. He could be a great player for us if he comes to training camp healthy. He is behind the learning curve and could be the biggest surprise for us next year.

So they'll just turn it on just like that and dominate the NFL huh? You don't think that a WR with bad knee's, who ran as fast as TE in his workout and another that was a one year wonder within a spread offense at college just might not be that good? Why doesn't every player just improve and become a pro-bowler after an off season of reflection? Every player in the NFL was a college stud just because we drafted them doesn't make them instant pro-bowlers.

I'm not sure where I made the claim that they're going to dominate the NFL and become instant pro-bowlers. Both Thomas and Kelly came into training camp unprepared and in poor shape and I think this year was a humbling experience for both of them. We've seen flashes from Thomas and everyone on the team is always talking up Kelly. If they both work hard over the off season I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to contribute next year.

"Yep, that's Colt Brennan taking a snap there. He didn't do anything notable today -- a few characteristically gorgeous passes, a few misses"

So, Colt makes a gorgeous pass look routine to the point where you say he doesn't do "anything notable?" Hmmm.

coltzornrogers.jpg

Yes, any quarterback in the NFL should be able to complete "gorgeous" passes consistently without a pass rush or any pressure whatsoever. In sweats. That's why what he did wasn't "notable."

So you really are ready to throw in the towel on them, just because of a slow start in their rookie season? :doh: If every NFL GM felt the way you do, guys like Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Chad Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Brandon Marshall would've been cut long ago. Depending on their situation, the majority of rookies in the NFL take at least one off season, sometimes two, to get themselves up to the speed of the NFL game. There's a reason why rookies who explode on the scene get a lot of attention.

Also, Michigan State doesn't run a spread offense, not under Dantonio, who was the coach when Devin had his amazing year at MSU. They run a run heavy offense, which usually allows one receiver to have a good year while the rest have a pretty good year. Devin Thomas was the case in '07. Mark Dell is the case in '08.

Also on the 40 time for Malcolm Kelly. Two words brother: Jerry Rice.

coltzornrogers.jpg

Yes, any quarterback in the NFL should be able to complete "gorgeous" passes consistently without a pass rush or any pressure whatsoever. In sweats. That's why what he did wasn't "notable."

Blasphemy. He makes gorgeous passes because he is the best QB ever and will make the same gorgeous passes in the NFL throwing off his back foot with Justin Tuck hanging on his back and Casey Hampton grabbing at his ankles. I know they aren't on the same team. The goodness of CB5 transcends space and time.

HE HAD RECORDS IN COLLEGE DUDE. RECORDS!

They all deserve to play the entire game. If its struggling with the play book or skills nothing will help them as much as actually getting on the field and learning....It's not like it matters if we lose this game at this point. Let all the rookies play and lets see what they've got.

Deserve and should are two very different things. ;)

Blasphemy. He makes gorgeous passes because he is the best QB ever and will make the same gorgeous passes in the NFL throwing off his back foot with Justin Tuck hanging on his back and Casey Hampton grabbing at his ankles. I know they aren't on the same team. The goodness of CB5 transcends space and time.

I lmao at this

Unlike our current starter, who, in 4 years at Auburn, threw less TD passes than sam bradford has thrown THIS YEAR.

45 TD passes in 4 years. 11 TD's/season. Thats horrendous, given the very high scoring nature of college football.

Archived