Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys... calm down, and savor this

TSO

I know it's been tough. I know it's been frustrating to the nth degree. I know that right now even the most optimistic among us are feeling tested in our belief ( I see a lot of us positive thinkers haven't been able to really discuss anything around here as of late)... but I think I speak for all of us in saying that the offseason is the hardest thing to get through for us fans who go so far as to discuss the team we care so much about on an internet board.

This will be the last game for us. If you can Tivo it, do it. Watch the game and enjoy every play, every down, and don't bat your eye. We won't see our Skins line up and play a game for quite some time now. We'll be stuck talking about Free Agency and the Draft, what could've been, what should've been... but for now I think it's best to just forget about that.

I've chosen to enjoy this game more than any other I've enoyed this season. I've chosen to be relaxed no matter what happens; to be happy that I get to watch my favorite team one more time before a long long hiatus. I'm going to really savor this game. Even when I'm mad at a close loved one, I can't help but forgive them as soon as I know I won't be seeing them for a while. I think we should all do the same here...

It's almost over for us. As always, I looked forward to every game and I know it'll be hard once this game is over knowing that the next thing I got to look forward to when it comes to the Skins playing is in August. :)

Great thread man. We have 60 more minutes of Redskins football this season. To put it in perspective...all the bickering and complaining and speculating and predicting we do is for this short, 16-game season.

I wish that September through December (and hopefully January) would go so much more slowly than it does.

Here's to one more game and then a quick off-season! The dark days are almost here...

I was just telling my wife while we were out doing our last minute Xmas shopping that it sucks that we have only one game left. Then I ran off the "could've beens" like the Bengals and Rams and just got depressed.

But that all went away when the most adorable little two year old girl in line in front of us kept looking and smiling at me dressed in her little Xmas outfit.:)

I was just telling my wife while we were out doing our last minute Xmas shopping that it sucks that we have only one game left. Then I ran off the "could've beens" like the Bengals and Rams and just got depressed.

But that all went away when the most adorable little two year old girl in line in front of kept looking and smiling at me dressed in her little Xmas outfit.:)

:applause::applause::applause:

People should really think of the more important things before they come one here and post some of the things I've seen posted on here.

:cheers:

I know that I can be really pessimistic, but I can't wait for this debacle of a season to be over. I wasn't excited when this season started, and I'm not interested in next year. As long as #17 starts next year, we'll be horrible.

We have no chance. Plus, we ain't getting any younger. Hardly any picks in the offseason. We have no future. Because of that, I can't wait for this joke to be over with.

What part could you guys miss? The 7 and 13 point explosions we've had?

I know that I can be really pessimistic, but I can't wait for this debacle of a season to be over. I wasn't excited when this season started, and I'm not interested in next year. As long as #17 starts next year, we'll be horrible.

We have no chance. Plus, we ain't getting any younger. Hardly any picks in the offseason. We have no future. Because of that, I can't wait for this joke to be over with.

It's only a GAME!

Calm the **** down, and go drink some eggnog or something. Haha

Come on man... Redskins. It's the Redskins. Period.

And yes, I will miss the good and bad of this season. I got to watch my favorite team play my favorite sport.

If nothing else, watching the burgundy and gold sparks some nostalgia for me. It brings me back to my elementary and middle school years watching those Gibbs teams bring home 3 Super Bowls.

So no matter how many average or bad seasons we string together during my adult years, watching a Redskin game in the fall will be a part of my life and part of who I am. Corny? Yes. True? Absolutely.

:applause::applause::applause:

People should really think of the more important things before they come one here and post some of the things I've seen posted on here.

:cheers:

I swear I'll never forget that little girl for as long as live. It was the most innocent smile I have ever seen. It was almost like she was an Angel. Her mother turned around and saw her smilimg at me and said "Are you flirting with that man" then the little girl's smile got wider. I told my wife I wanted to adopt that little girl.

But, don''t get me wrong guys. I'll be back after the game Sunday prasing or critiquing the B&G. I can't help it. Look at my man cave. It's my drug of choice and no amount of rehab is going to cure my addiction.:D

One game left.

Followed by 2 Full Months of Other team's success. Followed by another month and a half of Big FAs signing, some of whom we could use but will end up making triple their value on some horrific team that will overspend for them, followed by the Grand Spectacle of the Off Season- the Draft. Course, those 4 1/2 months preceding the draft will result in 632 Threads about probably 7 different ideas.

I love all of you.

];5984903']One game left.

Followed by 2 Full Months of Other team's success. Followed by another month and a half of Big FAs signing' date=' some of whom we could use but will end up making triple their value on some horrific team that will overspend for them, followed by the Grand Spectacle of the Off Season- the Draft. [b']Course, those 4 1/2 months preceding the draft will result in 632 Threads about probably 7 different ideas.[/b]

I love all of you.

:rotflmao: So true....

I wonder what those 7 ideas will be? We can all agree one of them will be QB controversy.

This will be the last game for us. If you can Tivo it, do it. Watch the game and enjoy every play, every down, and don't bat your eye. We won't see our Skins line up and play a game for quite some time now. We'll be stuck talking about Free Agency and the Draft, what could've been, what should've been... but for now I think it's best to just forget about that.

Actually, we haven't seen them line up and play a game since we were 6-2. :silly:

Seriously, I think it's always good to keep things in perspective. So, if instead of starting out 6-2 and then slumping we'd more or less won every other game from the beginning, most of us would probably look at things much more positively since .500 is about what most of us expected anyway.

Since our final game doesn't mean anything, I can watch it fairly dispassionately. After that, as always I'm looking forward to our roster moves this offseason. However, I'm even more looking forward to whether we'll make the changes that need to be made in the F.O.

In the grander scheme of things I'm also looking forward to being able to finally get some work done on my thesis and to Mrs. '06's annual revival from a fall spent as a football widow. In other words, I love the Skins but there's more to life. Enjoy it. :)

Great thread.

I agree it's awesome seeing the young kids this time of year with all of the wonder and awe on their faces. Enjoy it they grow up quick.

As far as our skins are concerned, it's been a roller coaster season. Grand scheme of things they pretty much achieved what most of us expected them to achieve in terms of wins.

I look forward to improvement in the future seasons and getting us back to serious contenders.

HTTR

Let's enjoy the last game of the season

Archived