themurf

Should the Skins keep Washington?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Skins keep Washington?

• yes
    • no

mcnabb-eagles.JPG

(photo by Brian Murphy)

Even though we were busy getting interviews in the Washington Redskins’ locker room following the game, we want to start out by addressing something that happened on the other side of the stadium after the game. During his post-game press conference, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was asked for his thoughts following the 10-3 loss.

“This is frustrating to come out here and play a team we knew we could beat,” McNabb said. “We made mistakes and mis-opportunities, its tough for us to swallow at this particular point.”

Some folks may remember that McNabb made similar comments about the “better team losing” when the Redskins beat the Eagles in Philadelphia earlier this year. Here’s our point – if your team is so much better than the ‘Skins, than why do you keep losing to them? How can you stand in front of the media and go on and on about how your team is superior when you fail to deliver? Last time we checked, your offense, led by you, has scored a grand total of one offensive touchdown this season against the Redskins. Eight quarters. One offensive touchdown.

So next time you’re asked to speak on the Redskins-Eagles rivalry, go ahead and remember which team has won three out of the last four matchups, big guy. And also feel free to keep in mind your team has now gone seven straight quarters without an offensive touchdown against that oh-so-beatable Redskins team you apparently need to re-evaluate your opinion of. Just don’t think about it while you’re on the field … it might make you throw up in the huddle. Again.

Click here for the full article.

If his receivers caught what was thrown to them, the Eagles would have beaten us.

this is a pretty accurate statement...

our defense played well enough to hold the Eagles to 17 points....

fortunately for us they boneheaded and gave away 14 of them....

the bright side is, holding a team like Filthy to 17 points in this league should be enough to win...

the down side is our offense is so inept we couldn't muster more than 10...

fortunately our good defensive play and Filthy's boneheadedness combined to give us a win....

but, while obviously a sore loser and an idiot, for THIS particular game, McNabb isn't that far off...

Last time we checked, your offense, led by you, has scored a grand total of one offensive touchdown this season against the Redskins. Eight quarters. One offensive touchdown.

So next time you’re asked to speak on the Redskins-Eagles rivalry, go ahead and remember which team has won three out of the last four matchups, big guy. And also feel free to keep in mind your team has now gone seven straight quarters without an offensive touchdown against that oh-so-beatable Redskins team you apparently need to re-evaluate your opinion of. Just don’t think about it while you’re on the field … it might make you throw up in the huddle. Again.

Hear Hear! :cheers:

If his receivers caught what was thrown to them, the Eagles would have beaten us.

and if the Refs hadn't called a bogus hold on Cooley, and ruled Jackson's fumble an incomplete pass, deep in eagle territory we would have scored at least 2 more fgs

not to mention our own dropped passes on 3rd down that would have gotten us in FG range, and kept the ball away longer from the eagles

easy to play the "if" game

this is a pretty accurate statement...

our defense played well enough to hold the Eagles to 17 points....

fortunately for us they boneheaded and gave away 14 of them....

the bright side is, holding a team like Filthy to 17 points in this league should be enough to win...

the down side is our offense is so inept we couldn't muster more than 10...

fortunately our good defensive play and Filthy's boneheadedness combined to give us a win....

but, while obviously a sore loser and an idiot, for THIS particular game, McNabb isn't that far off...

Our guys dropped passes too, if we had all of those, who knows what would have happened

and if the Refs hadn't called a bogus hold on Cooley, and ruled Jackson's fumble an incomplete pass, deep in eagle territory we would have scored at least 2 more fgs

no offense Bubba, but you mean field goal ATTEMPTS....

with SWISH-am I don't want to assume anything

if Landry would have caught that int in the endzone they wouldn't have scored that FG in the first half.

if ARE would have caught that slant in at the 40 yard line we would have had a 1st down with a chance to score.

if Fletcher would have side-stepped the Olineman on the Fumble recovery, then he would have walked into the endzone....

IF IF IF...

no offense Bubba, but you mean field goal ATTEMPTS....

with SWISH-am I don't want to assume anything

can't you say the same for Jackson?

bottom line you have to make the play.... we had some missed opportunities as well, dropped passes, missed int. etc... you can't assume one team would have succeeded "if" and ignore the other teams "if"

what happened, happened and that lead to the final results

If...but...shoulda....coulda...NOTHING! They lost' date=' don't make excuses for them. No one makes any for us (except us).[/quote']

Exactly.

Using that logic, if we had just stopped Marion Barber on that 4th Down, we would have had a chance to beat the Boys.

If Only Cooley didn't fumble and our defense didn't crumble, than maybe we would have beaten the Bengals.

There, then we'd be sitting at 10-5 right now. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Here we go again with the glass half empty

it has nothing to do with empty or full...

no one was happier when Landry stuck Reggie Brown than me (or my son's, since I promised them I would put their fatheads in their room when we won...i think they were starting to worry it may have been next September)

but did you really sit back and think: "Man, we just took it to the Eagles!"

or did you think: "man, we squeaked by there..."

at any point in that game, until the final whistle, did you think: "we got this one in the bag, we are clearly the superior team, Filthy has nothing on us"

or were you continuously on the edge of your seat hoping we could avoid that one big play (i about had heart failure when I saw Jackson behind Hall)

I think that is all we are pointing out....yesterday we were the best crappy team on the field....the Bengals beat the Browns 14-0...I don't think, however, they have delusions that their 2 wins in a row makes them anything more than a team with serious issues...

And neither should our 8 wins...they are fantastic...we are team with serious issues in multiple areas.....

it can always be worse...we could be a team with 15 losses and serious issues...instead we have 7 losses and serious issues...

but, truth be told, we haven't "taken it to" anyone all year

His comments after the first game were ridiculous and stupid. This time he his partly right, we did play great defense but the Eagles hurt themselves droping 7 passes (5 on offense, 2 on defense).

He still got a major problem, admitting that we were BETTER overall.

and just to finish my point....and make sure everyone knows where I am coming from...I WANT A TEAM WHERE THIS ISN'T EVEN A DISCUSSION

I don't want to minimize our wins....

but I am tired of heart attack football

I want to be able to sit back on a Monday and say:

"you know what, if team X had caught everything thrown at them, and the officials had called every penalty on us, we STILL would have kicked their tails..."

I am in dire need of a good string of just absolutely destroying the opponent....THATS the football team I want and feel like I deserve...maybe I got spoiled growing up in the '80s...but I am insanely jealous of fans from other teams where their team regularly wins by 20 points...

when was the last season we had more than 2 wins by more than 20 points? was that the 10-6 Gibbs year? I don't remember...but, for lack of a better description, I want the Redskins to destroy people like the Patriots did last year (except also win the Super Bowl)...playing cardiac football will eventually bite you in the tail, like it did against St Louis, Dallas, and Cincinatti this year for us...

Archived