Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dewayne Wade is a golden god!!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I'm a fan of all three Kobe(my favorite by far), LeBron, and Dwyane Wade, but how can Kobe not get the MVP? In the tough western conference they have about an 8 game lead. Wade and LeBron have been great, no doubt, but when you get down to the end of the game and rest of your team is struggling, you want the ball in Kobe Bryant's hands. Example, other night @ Houston. They were down 51-40 at half, and Kobe took over in the 4th with 18 points and LA won. Both Wade and James are great candidates, but I just don't see how Kobe DOESN'T win it.

Actually, Kobe's unselfishness this year could keep him from winning it, as strange as that sounds. That, and he seems to get alot more rest these days. And he also has learned that he doesn't have to put up 30+ for them to win.

Actually, Kobe's unselfishness this year could keep him from winning it, as strange as that sounds. That, and he seems to get alot more rest these days. And he also has learned that he doesn't have to put up 30+ for them to win.

Actually if you see what he did Thursday night, you could see why he's the MVP. Not to take anything away from Wade, but Kobe is going to win it again.

Wade has absolutely carried his team. That's all there is to it. The Heat have who to complement Wade?

Kobe has Gasol, Odom, Fisher, and a whole host of other players that help him out, the Lakers probably have the best depth in basketball. Lebron has Mo Williams, West, Ilgauskas and Smith/Wallace(before his injury). I'm not taking anything away from those guys, nothing, they are all great. But Wade has nowhere near the cast of characters around him, but still he's single-handedly carrying his team into a possible playoff berth.

I understand that people keep going to the, "Kobe didn't get MVP till he the Lakers had the best record in the league." etc. That's fine and all, but I still feel like Wade has been the Most Valuable PLAYER in the league. If Kobe went down for an extended period of time, the Lakers would be much weaker, no doubt, but I think with the team they have they'd probably still sneak their way into the playoffs. The Cavs without LeBron I don't think would be as good as the Lakers they'd probably be a mediocre team with some talent here and there. But take Wade away from the Heat and watching the Heat tank. They'd be getting a lottery pick in the draft once again.

Wade has absolutely carried his team. That's all there is to it. The Heat have who to complement Wade?

Kobe has Gasol, Odom, Fisher, and a whole host of other players that help him out, the Lakers probably have the best depth in basketball. Lebron has Mo Williams, West, Ilgauskas and Smith/Wallace(before his injury). I'm not taking anything away from those guys, nothing, they are all great. But Wade has nowhere near the cast of characters around him, but still he's single-handedly carrying his team into a possible playoff berth.

I understand that people keep going to the, "Kobe didn't get MVP till he the Lakers had the best record in the league." etc. That's fine and all, but I still feel like Wade has been the Most Valuable PLAYER in the league. If Kobe went down for an extended period of time, the Lakers would be much weaker, no doubt, but I think with the team they have they'd probably still sneak their way into the playoffs. The Cavs without LeBron I don't think would be as good as the Lakers they'd probably be a mediocre team with some talent here and there. But take Wade away from the Heat and watching the Heat tank. They'd be getting a lottery pick in the draft once again.

I agree....to an extent. It's not like Miami is great right now anyway. They're 7 games over 500.

And if that happens, I completely disagree. Lakers-2 Cavs-0 this year. :2cents:

my vote would go to Kobe as the MVP based on the fact they will probably end up with the leagues best record and they are 4-0 against the Cavs & Celts this year and are running away from the west (despite losing a key piece of their team in Bynum)

i just think the league will end up splitting the award.

Yeah, MVP heads to the best record of the best team...which is how Dirk Nowitzki somehow managed to win the MVP despite the fact that he clearly wasn't the best MVP candidate in the NBA (you could argue Nash was better that year)

I just saw on ESPN.com that Wade managed to score 50 in 3 OT's. Impressive, and I see it was against the Jazz. I've been occupied with the conference tournaments lately, so did that win over the Jazz end the Jazz winning streak, out of curiosity.

Yeah, MVP heads to the best record of the best team...which is how Dirk Nowitzki somehow managed to win the MVP despite the fact that he clearly wasn't the best MVP candidate in the NBA (you could argue Nash was better that year)

I just saw on ESPN.com that Wade managed to score 50 in 3 OT's. Impressive, and I see it was against the Jazz. I've been occupied with the conference tournaments lately, so did that win over the Jazz end the Jazz winning streak, out of curiosity.

Nope. They've now lost two in a row.

nah, Atlanta snapped their winning streak sometime last week.

i like the Jazz, but i can't take them seriously until they start to win consistently on the road. last i checked they were 1-11 against winning teams on the road

I agree....to an extent. It's not like Miami is great right now anyway. They're 7 games over 500.

Yes, they are, they're a team without any type of depth. The Cavs and Lakers are teams with a tremendous amount of depth.

I'm a huge Spurs fan, and I watched the game, a couple of nights ago, that they played against the Lakers, and without Kobe on the floor for the entire 3rd QTR, the Lakers depth still held their own against the Spurs. Even though the Spurs made the game much closer than the 18 point lead the Lakers had previously, but it showed me just how much depth the Lakers have for them to go a third of the game without their best player, against one of the best teams in the league (2nd best team in the West), and they still made it a tough game for them. Tell me the Heat could do that?

my vote would go to Kobe as the MVP based on the fact they will probably end up with the leagues best record and they are 4-0 against the Cavs & Celts this year and are running away from the west (despite losing a key piece of their team in Bynum)

i just think the league will end up splitting the award.

Kobe won it last year it will go to Lebron this year.

Arenas is a joke. That's the problem, he's NEVER healthy. That is weak to even bring that guy's name into this. We were discussing "MVP", bro.

As for the three OT's comment. And? So that somehow diminshes what he just did? You sound like a Wade hater.:chair:

First off, before Gerald Wallace fell on his knee (which is not avoidable) Arenas was NEVER injured. This whole knee thing is one injury which should've never been allowed to go this long but Eddie Jordan was an idiot and played Gil 40 minutes a night off of knee surgery...Arenas will be good to go next season with a full season off to rest. And yes, scoring 50 with 3 OT's is much easier than doing so in 4 quarters. Nobody was saying Arenas is MVP so don't know where you got that from...you sound like someone who likes to put words in people's mouths....

Btw, I am not a Wade "hater", as I said he is a better player overall than Gil so how does that = being a Wade hater. :rolleyes:

First off, before Gerald Wallace fell on his knee (which is not avoidable) Arenas was NEVER injured. This whole knee thing is one injury which should've never been allowed to go this long but Eddie Jordan was an idiot and played Gil 40 minutes a night off of knee surgery...Arenas will be good to go next season with a full season off to rest. And yes, scoring 50 with 3 OT's is much easier than doing so in 4 quarters. Nobody was saying Arenas is MVP so don't know where you got that from...you sound like someone who likes to put words in people's mouths....

Btw, I am not a Wade "hater", as I said he is a better player overall than Gil so how does that = being a Wade hater. :rolleyes:

You brought Arenas' name into an MVP discussion with Wade, Lebron and Kobe. You don't see the problem with that? I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. And I find it comical that a few of you are making light of Wade's game today. Who CARES if it took him 3 OTs to accomplish it. Bottom line, he had 50 pts, and was one assist away from a triple double. That's INSANE. And for the record, about a week ago he had 48, including the game-winning 3. But im sure you haters will somehow find fault with that one, too.:doh:

You brought Arenas' name into an MVP discussion with Wade, Lebron and Kobe. You don't see the problem with that? I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. And I find it comical that a few of you are making light of Wade's game today. Who CARES if it took him 3 OTs to accomplish it. Bottom line, he had 50 pts, and was one assist away from a triple double. That's INSANE. And for the record, about a week ago he had 48, including the game-winning 3. But im sure you haters will somehow find fault with that one, too.:doh:

I merely stated that Arenas was a better scorer than Wade when healthy but not a better overall player. And scoring 50 in 3 OT's isn't as impressive than doing it in 4 quarters, you cannot deny that. Nevertheless nobody is saying Wade isn't a beast like you're implying.

Archived