Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We now have more ****ing snow!!- where is spring??

ljs

All kinds of snow falling. Looks like Washington,(state), is getting a but whuppin' from old man winter. Some of that has worked its way here. This was last weekend.

HomeDecember1308.jpg

It's snowed for half the week so far, with more on the way tomorrow and Saturday. It's bringing with it some rather chilly temps. High of 7. Low of -8. It will be colder.

All kinds of snow falling. Looks like Washington,(state), is getting a but whuppin' from old man winter. Some of that has worked its way here. This was last weekend.

HomeDecember1308.jpg

It's snowed for half the week so far, with more on the way tomorrow and Saturday. It's bringing with it some rather chilly temps. High of 7. Low of -8. It will be colder.

I'm so jealous.

Winter Storm Warning I80 North

THIS WINTER STORM WARNING IS FOR THE WASATCH MOUNTAINS OF NORTHERN UTAH. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 20 INCHES ARE EXPECTED THROUGH NOON SATURDAY... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOWFALL... WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 70 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AS A COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH THE AREA.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF NORTHERN UTAH AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT... THEN CONTINUE THROUGH THE MORNING HOURS FRIDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW DURING THIS PERIOD CAN BE EXPECTED NORTH OF INTERSTATE 80. AS A COLD FRONT PUSHES THROUGH THE AREA LATE FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON... SNOW WILL INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND BECOME VERY HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE NIGHT FRIDAY AND INTO SATURDAY MORNING... BEFORE TAPERING OFF DURING THE AFTERNOON.

IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW... SOUTHWEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. AS THIS FRONT PUSHES THROUGH THE AREA... WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO GUST IN EXCESS OF 70 MPH FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

I live,basically, on I80. Or at least a 1/2 mile South. Could be some pic donations to this thread coming soon. ;)

Winter Storm Warning I80 North

I live,basically, on I80. Or at least a 1/2 mile South. Could be some pic donations to this thread coming soon. ;)

you better hold on to your hat, 70 mph with snow, nasty :)

i thought anything over 6 inches was considered a heavy snow warning??

update: I now have over 3 feet in my yard. my dog is peeing off the porch steps...lol

I made it to work, love the 4 Runner. I then became a taxi and picked up 3 of my employees. I'll end up taking them home later tonight too. It's a damn mess around here. None of the side roads are plowed and people stuck everywhere. There are cars just stuck in the middle of some roads.

We got a record 23.9 inches in 24 hrs and some people even reporting close to 40 inches. Coeur D'Lane got 29 inches in 24 hours. It stopped for a few hours over night, but snowing again.

update: I now have over 3 feet in my yard. my dog is peeing off the porch steps...lol

I made it to work, love the 4 Runner. I then became a taxi and picked up 3 of my employees. I'll end up taking them home later tonight too. It's a damn mess around here. None of the side roads are plowed and people stuck everywhere. There are cars just stuck in the middle of some roads.

We got a record 23.9 inches in 24 hrs and some people even reporting close to 40 inches. Coeur D'Lane got 29 inches in 24 hours. It stopped for a few hours over night, but snowing again.

Lori,

I hate you, stop bogartin' the snow.

:D

^you live in south carolina lol

And????? We do have winter here. It is unseasonably warm. It should be highs in the 50's, lows in the 30's. It gets below freezing here at nght during the winter and we have 40 degree days during the winter. We just don't get alot of snow because of the mountains. Boone, NC is about 2 hours from Charlotte and they get snow all the time. It snows about twice a year here. I don't live in the bayou dude. BTW it snowed in Louisiana the other day.

Lori,

I hate you, stop bogartin' the snow.

:D

:silly:I'd ship you some if it wouldn't melt on the way. It is so crazy around here. I love it though. It's hella fun as long as you don't drive all crazy.

I'll take some pics this weekend and put them up later.

Found this on the news site...

0144%20hrs.jpg

Ceour D'lane,Id (20 min from me)

Untitled-15%20copy.jpg

Look at what has just been issued for Spokane:

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH

LATE SUNDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPOKANE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE

SUNDAY NIGHT.

5 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOWFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE SPOKANE AND

COEUR D`ALENE AREAS. THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS WILL GENERALLY FALL

ALONG AND SOUTH OF I-90 WITH LESSER AMOUNTS TO THE NORTH.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR

THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Well the storm I mentioned earlier came in. Right on time. Starting snowing around 12:30, then started to pick up. Chased us out of work around 2:30. Of course I lose the pics I took on the way home, but here's one taken right near of where I live by one of the traffic cameras. It's worse now.

:silly:I'd ship you some if it wouldn't melt on the way. It is so crazy around here. I love it though. It's hella fun as long as you don't drive all crazy.

I'll take some pics this weekend and put them up later.

Found this on the news site...

0144%20hrs.jpg

Ceour D'lane,Id (20 min from me)

Untitled-15%20copy.jpg

Look for a boom in baby deliveries in about nine months. Nothing to do in that kind of weather but :hump:

Look at what has just been issued for Spokane:

5 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOWFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE SPOKANE AND

Great, add that to the 3 feet or more we already have....Damn if my knee was a 100% I'd be snowboarding right about now...gotta wait another month.

have you ever seen anything like it out there or is this new?

We definitely have hit a record for this much in such a short time, although we do get a good amount of snow each year. Just not all at once. I would say we get a few inches at a time, spread across a few winter months.

Last year was a record total. It started snowing in Nov, and didn't really stop until end of March. There are 5 ski/boarding mtns within an hour of us and they were all open at least a month longer than normal last year. This year, they are all just now opening.

I have seen "brown" Christmas's here a few times.

Archived