Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

X-men Origins: Wolverine trailer (multi-merge)

Spaceman Spiff

First, am I the only one who thinks young logans claws look better than his adumantium ones?? I always thought they made them too wide and knife-looking, which kinda strays from the comic look.

Second, someone help me on this. The series I am reading on wolverine now, sabertooth isn't his brother. rumor but not true. In fact wolverine seeks him out and finally kills him (cuts his head off)with a special samuri sword made for himself(wolverine) in case he became too much animal and needed to be killed.

I also think they are taking liberties with the sabertooth wolverine relationship. I don't recall them being together through so many things, until they met in the weapon X project.

This movie leads you to believe more than that.

well the movies also lead you to believe that cyclops and Xavier are dead. I dont recall either of them actually dying in the movies.

movies like these are taking a lot of liberties for sure but it just seems normal to me now.

hell, they even killed off venom in Spidey 3 and we all know that doesnt happen...

well the movies also lead you to believe that cyclops and Xavier are dead. I dont recall either of them actually dying in the movies.

movies like these are taking a lot of liberties for sure but it just seems normal to me now.

hell, they even killed off venom in Spidey 3 and we all know that doesnt happen...

Actually only cyclops was dead. Xavier transplanted his entity into a man on muir Island where Dr. Mctagert was working.

Spidey 3 was a fluke. not even close to comic movie. It was garbage.

Actually only cyclops was dead. Xavier transplanted his entity into a man on muir Island where Dr. Mctagert was working.

Spidey 3 was a fluke. not even close to comic movie. It was garbage.

true with X, i have tried to black that movie out. but Magneto lost his power too and I cant ever remember that happening either.

its like they stick to the stories a little and then just do whatever they want. thats the thing with nerds like me; i want you to just basically recreate the story from the comic book and thats IT!!

true with X, i have tried to black that movie out. but Magneto lost his power too and I cant ever remember that happening either.

its like they stick to the stories a little and then just do whatever they want. thats the thing with nerds like me; i want you to just basically recreate the story from the comic book and thats IT!!

In the comics there are SO MANY story arcs and catastrophes. In fact right now in the Marvel comic universe, all but 10% of mutants lost their powers (Decimation storyline, play on "deci"). And Magneto himself has been through upheaval several times. At one time he lost his memory, and became an X-man under the name Joseph (all kinds of confusing crap happened after that, with Xorn, etc.).

I would honestly (and truthfully) say that the comics themselves take MORE liberties than the films do, lol.

In the comics there are SO MANY story arcs and catastrophes. In fact right now in the Marvel comic universe, all but 10% of mutants lost their powers (Decimation storyline, play on "deci"). And Magneto himself has been through upheaval several times. At one time he lost his memory, and became an X-man under the name Joseph (all kinds of confusing crap happened after that, with Xorn, etc.).

I would honestly (and truthfully) say that the comics themselves take MORE liberties than the films do, lol.

memory is one thing, power is another. movies are based on comics not the other way around.

memory is one thing, power is another. movies are based on comics not the other way around.

Loosely based, just as continuity is loosely based between major X-men titles. You can have Cyclops doing one thing in Uncanny and then have him on the other side of the world in the other X-men title simultaneously, all in the same published month.

Those were two separate events/story arcs I listed...with mutants losing powers at present in comics right now. His son Quicksilver and also Rictor have lost their powers for example. My point is comics do crazier stuff than movies, and far more frequently.

Loosely based, just as continuity is loosely based between major X-men titles. You can have Cyclops doing one thing in Uncanny and then have him on the other side of the world in the other X-men title simultaneously, all in the same published month.

Those were two separate events/story arcs I listed...with mutants losing powers at present in comics right now. His son Quicksilver and also Rictor have lost their powers for example. My point is comics do crazier stuff than movies, and far more frequently.

I am lost in the point you are trying to make. they are taking liberties that arent in any comic book.

couldn't agree more with that statement. Update the story to fit the times now, but that doesn't need a reimagining.

Not to mention that Magneto's slamming of the GG bridge onto Alcratraz Island would have killed most his army.

Ya know, with you bringing that up, it made me think of something else. I was watching the first X-men from tivo on HBO and when Magneto wanted Rogue to use that device which would make humans mutants, and he wasn't strong enough. Didn't have enough power to do it.

Yet further in the story-line you get to x-men 3 and he lifts that bridge with not even a wince on his face. If he was so weak in 1 why so strong in 3?? what happened between them??

Not to mention, the one thing that really fry's me is collosus. He's from russia and yet in 2 &3 they give him a standard american california accent and not a russian one. Yet in every cartoon he speaks with a russian accent. Don't get that one either.

Here's another one to ponder. Wolverine has his skeleton made out of Adumantium right?

Well, according to the comics, that rare metal is indestructible. Yet in #2 the cops shoot him in the head and he goes down and when he gets up the bullet comes out during his healing process.

If Adumantium is indestrucible, than the bullet would have never even penitrated his head to begin with.

Here's another one to ponder. Wolverine has his skeleton made out of Adumantium right?

Well, according to the comics, that rare metal is indestructible. Yet in #2 the cops shoot him in the head and he goes down and when he gets up the bullet comes out during his healing process.

If Adumantium is indestrucible, than the bullet would have never even penitrated his head to begin with.

I'm pretty sure that just penetrated the skin and hit flat against the metal of his skull.

While you make a good point, the issue I think most fanboys have is that they take the origin stories and tweak them beyond what the comics were.

I can understand a stand alone movie going places the comic didn't, after an origin story, but movie studios take way too many liberties by changing the story-line to fit what a mass audience would want. IMHO most comics don't need that.

Which is why I enjoy the fact that so many comic writers are writing for tv and movies.

I am lost in the point you are trying to make. they are taking liberties that arent in any comic book.

The comics make up varied and crazier stories that don't even fit current standing continuity amongst it's own titles. Movies are just another title that can be manipulated. I'm actually getting confused that you are confused, lol.

I like modernizing some of the origin stories like Marvel did with the Ultimate storylines. But, I really hate when studio execs think they know what the viewing public wants to see.

Kevin Smith told a story where he was the first person signed to write the Superman movie. The studio execs wanted him to have Superman with no cape and have him not fly. Huh?

The comics make up varied and crazier stories that don't even fit current standing continuity amongst it's own titles. Movies are just another title that can be manipulated. I'm actually getting confused that you are confused, lol.

well we should both write marvel then and tell them we are confused.

maybe they will make us new mutant characters in the next X-Men movie

I'm pretty sure that just penetrated the skin and hit flat against the metal of his skull.

A few comments. First, your skin is too thin to penetrate and stay in as it did. In the movie, when he came to, the slug came out.

another part to that, is that if it is indestructable, than it would have ricocheted off rather than gone in and come out later. Just physically impossible IMO.

also, one small caliber bullet hitting his indestructible skull was enough to knock wolverine out?? not likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn;t that the House of M storyline where Scarlet Witch says "No more Mutants" and almost all the mutants lose their powers.

Also, the original Wolvie origin, he didn't get his claws till the government got ahold of him and laced his bones with Adamtanium and gave him the claws. Now I know they did a Wolive Origins mini series that gave an overhaul of his origin. But obviously the movie version and comic book version of Wolvie is big different.

• 4 weeks later...
I think this will be money right here. Haven't seen Punisher: War Zone, and I'm a Marvel fan.

Punisher warzone was a sack of.......well you know. I didn't think the first one was that great, but after seeing the second version, the first one should win an award!!!!

It was stupid, corny, lame, over the top violent (to a point that made the movie and character look tom and jerry cartoonish stupid)

One of my top 10 worst movies ever!! I really can't see how they could screw this up so badly

Now I know why Thomas Jane the first punisher walked off the set of this movie and quite.

This movie isn't even worth having in your comic-movie collection, it's that bad!!

Wasn;t that the House of M storyline where Scarlet Witch says "No more Mutants" and almost all the mutants lose their powers.

Also, the original Wolvie origin, he didn't get his claws till the government got ahold of him and laced his bones with Adamtanium and gave him the claws. Now I know they did a Wolive Origins mini series that gave an overhaul of his origin. But obviously the movie version and comic book version of Wolvie is big different.

Well,actually from what I been reading there are a few origin stories about Wolverine.

The one largely accepted as true is the one where he was the son of a plantion owner and actually had his claws and abilities as a child from birth but didn't manifest until a family tragedy occured causing him to display them.

From what I gather some of the origin myths come from partial story ideas from the original creators of wolverine, which never made it into the comics but were merely ideas about their created character.

Again from what I've read about the movie seems to be a melding of several stories together as one to create the origin of the character. Which seems kinda cool. Take the best parts of his origin stories and make one really awesome story out of it.....at least that's my take.

Becuase in the origin story or any wolverine story, Sabertooth isn't his brother, which I read is the storyline in the movie.

Archived