Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Question: If Zorn is fired, do we keep Campbell?

Rskins91

oh yea i suppose it was campbells fault sellers fumbled on the 1 so we couldn't score more than 1 td yesterday

seriously though, u have 20 some odd posts and they are all bashing campbell. you need to get your rocks off doing something else.

NNT this clown for bypassing the profanity filters

Can't you find something better to do then try to attack people (in particular - ME) for not agreeing with your opinion? ... If you want to pick on JC bashers, then you are in for a very long day. There are many more than me on this board that are upset with JC after that ridiculous loss yesterday.

My only Campbell bashing is that he doesn't truly fit the system. I think he's shown a lot of improvement and could wind up being a terrific QB, but in a system that requires quick reads and, just as crucially, a quick release, his body doesn't conform. The advantage both Collins and Brennan have is that they get rid of the ball with little to no fanfare -- 3/5 steps, it's out.

Campbell's problem is only aggravated by the lack of protection he gets from the line.

Agreed. While it's possible that Campbell could develop into a quality QB in another system, he just isn't suited for the WCO where the QB needs to get rid of the ball fast.

Despite what some here may think, Campbell does have trade value. He's still young, is big, has a strong arm, has good mobility, and has shown flashes of good play. I could see a team like Detroit offering a 1st or 2nd rounder for him, especially since they have extra picks in next year's draft that they aquired in the Roy Williams trade. And unlike other players like CP and SS, trading JC doesn't hurt our cap situation.

If Zorn were to stay, I could see the FO pursuing a true WCO QB like Hasselbeck or McNabb, while grooming Brennan as the QB of the future.

i agree, give it another year with the personnel zorn wants to use. it its not campbell as the starter, fine. i'm sure zorn knows better than anyone if campbell is the man for the job

Awesome. Yet another year of us saying............"Let's give it one more year."

Just what I was hoping for.

Awesome. Yet another year of us saying............"Let's give it one more year."

Just what I was hoping for.

I feel the same way but what are our options at this point? We were 6-2 at one point and we're not exactly getting throttled so maybe he can turn it around. I don't think he will but we have to see right? Either way it's more than likely a mediocre season next year anyway.

so force that ball into triple coverage on 2nd down on the last drive and kill any chance to score a TD on 3rd down?

Nope. Not at all. None of us wants to see THAT. But I sure would like to see the guy deliver the ball BEFORE his lethargic brain sees a wide open receiver! Better still........make the correct read, and throw the ball anticipating the receiver will be where he's supposed to be. How's that? You know, like really good NFL quarterbacks do! There's a novel idea!

Not necessarily true at all. Matt Ryan, for example, is an exception to the rule. Most good teams let their QBs learn from watching. Some let them play, stink up the joint and learn, but that's not the usual route. Guys like Ryan, Rothlisberger and to a much lesser extent Flacco are unusual. Usually guys ride the pine for a little while -- like Garrard, Brady, Rivers, Romo sits to pee, etc ... until they're about 25 or so.

And some start them, let them get their brains beaten to a pulp, go 1-15 in their rookie year..........and go on to win championships.

Not sayin Colt will do the same...............just sayin...........:D

I feel the same way but what are our options at this point? We were 6-2 at one point and we're not exactly getting throttled so maybe he can turn it around. I don't think he will but we have to see right? Either way it's more than likely a mediocre season next year anyway.

You're right! Our options are that we have no options.

I could deal with the thought of mediocrity next season, though, if we brought in a head coach who'd have the freedom to do the things that are so desperately needed, without any players protected.

That would be a much less bitter pill to swallow.

We'd be better off starting Colt the next two weeks and getting him some playing time then watching us lose with a crappy QB the next two weeks. JC's had plenty of time to produce, he's not done that. Screw systems and the other crap. JC sucks and needs to go

It'll never happen. Zorn decided to shoulder all the blame for the team's shortcomings this week. By benching JC he would be completely contradicting himself.

It'll never happen. Zorn decided to shoulder all the blame for the team's shortcomings this week. By benching JC he would be completely contradicting himself.

Thats probably just PR stuff. I doubt Zorn really believes the sudden collapse is solely because of him. Riggo probably is right when he says the Skins would be doing Zorn a favor by firing him (something to that effect).

I dont see the moxy from JC, and Ive been one of his biggest supporters. He just lacks enthusiasm and leadership. OL does need rebuilding, but you cant hang onto ball that long, and he isnt a good scrambler. Doesnt seem to feel the backside pressure. Must move on, give Colt a try.

I hope ZORN and JC stay... You know and i hope Zorn does rethink how he does things but it's his first year.. I accept that he will make mistakes.. THATS NORMAL. JC LOOKED great after the first game against the Giants and before the steelers game.. But then again The o line was blocking. I will continue to stick up for JC.. Yeah he needs to get quicker at certain things.. He has improved alot though.. But i think if he gets more time then 3 seconds and the WR get open quicker he will do fine.. But you know look at Payton or Brady or Romo sits to pee.. There o lines can pass protect. Get the point

I hope ZORN and JC stay... You know and i hope Zorn does rethink how he does things but it's his first year.. I accept that he will make mistakes.. THATS NORMAL. JC LOOKED great after the first game against the Giants and before the steelers game.. But then again The o line was blocking. I will continue to stick up for JC.. Yeah he needs to get quicker at certain things.. He has improved alot though.. But i think if he gets more time then 3 seconds and the WR get open quicker he will do fine.. But you know look at Payton or Brady or Romo sits to pee.. There o lines can pass protect. Get the point

You're right.........he needs to get quicker at thinking, dropping back, reading defenses, moving in the pocket, going through progressions and finally......delivering the ball.........ACCURATELY!

Other than that he's awesome! Can't wait to see more of his "improvements" next season.........:doh1:

Peyton, Brady and Romo sits to pee all benefit from no system and personnel changes. Ive never seen JC blasting a WR for running wrong route or his OL for not giving him time OR showing any emotion. His processing of info has to get faster OR trust that his WR will be at the point on quick drops. I think he cant see those PUNY WRs on short crossing routes. He seems to be seeing DT more though.

Archived