Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Question: If Zorn is fired, do we keep Campbell?

Rskins91

Let's look at some facts here. If Zorn is fired, Campbell will be forced to learn yet another system of whoever takes his place, netting Campbell 8 systems in 9 years. Furthermore, Campbell will be in his fifth year in the league, and be under contract only one more year. He'd be forced to break out and be extremely successful for us to retain him to a long term deal.

My thinking is, if we get a new coach, then do we get a new QB to go along with the new coach? Personally, I think it'd be smart. Nothing against Campbell as I like him a whole lot, and think he's done well this year. His completion percentage has gone up a good bit and his TD to INT ratio is solid. But if we're going to get a new coach, I say we overhaul the entire thing instead of being stuck in average for another 2 years while our stars on offense grow old.

Thoughts?

I think if we get rid of another head coach were gonna be stuck in mediocrity for another couple of years regardless of who is playing QB. If in fact Zorn gets fired, i think we should just have open competition in training camp since all the qb's will be starting back at square 1 again.

you've had a huge change of heart

Yesterday just opened my eyes man. As you know I've been sticking up for Jason Campbell for a LONG time now.

I thought it was just the OL, but yesterday against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, he had plenty of time and just couldn't get it done.

I hope both are gone!! Campbell will end up being another Patrick Ramsey. We had a lot of hope in him and felt like he was the one only to dissapoint and be a career back up

the only reason campbell will end up being a patrick ramsey is because of the line.

any other qb who gets behind that line and takes total punishment week in and out will become a patrick ramsey as well

the only reason campbell will end up being a patrick ramsey is because of the line.

any other qb who gets behind that line and takes total punishment week in and out will become a patrick ramsey as well

It's amazing that this is still being said. I wish I could fail as often as JC and have people there to make excuses no matter what.

Jesus F'in Christ People!! Campbell is NOT the problem! Its the O line and the D line, we need to draft beasts!

saying campbell is not the problem is like saying the o-line is not the problem.

they are ALL problems, all be it the lines are more important ones

Jesus F'in Christ People!! Campbell is NOT the problem! Its the O line and the D line, we need to draft beasts!

Try reading some of the game posts stickied at the top of the page every week. You'll change your thought process very quickly. Campbell just isn't NFL start-quality material.

i think campbell is our JP losman. not bad by any stretch, but never gonna be very good.

Agreed. Campbell won't do anything to win games for you, but he wont make enormous mistakes to make everyone think he sucks.

He is a serviceable QB, but is never going to be great.

saying campbell is not the problem is like saying the o-line is not the problem.

they are ALL problems, all be it the lines are more important ones

:applause:

Exactly both are problems.

i think campbell is our JP losman. not bad by any stretch, but never gonna be very good.

Another good point here too. He's not a terrible QB but he'll never be anything special either.

You talk like the line has been the problem every year JC has played. That is just BS. JC has been inconsistent even when our line was good and he had all day long to throw the #$*(*@& ball.

Here's the deal, I have been a BIG TIME HOMER of Campbell up until yesterday...Guys we can keep making excuses (and I was one them) allday long but fact of the matter is Campbell is not going to get it done PERIOD!!!!!

I blamed it on the O-line until I saw yesterday where he had time and could not hit a moving bus if he wanted to.. All the pump faking indecisiveness almost got Moss killed on the 4th qtr quick slant.

You DO NOT fake pump on a slant, I replayed that over and over and Moss had his man beat but because Campbell for some unknown reason decided to pump fake, it brought the safety up and as soon as he decided to finally throw the ball, Moss got decapitated between two players..

Again I tried to make every possible excuse for Campbell but he is not going to get it done...I think Colt Brennan should be allowed to play in one of these last two games, I know it won't happen but I think he is the future at QB here....I felt comfortable everytime he threw the ball in preseason (yes I know it was preseason) but still he got it done and made some great throws.

Everytime Campbell dropped back to throw the ball yesterday I :puke:in my mouth....

Zorn is so predictable now that my wife who does not even follow football closely was calling out our plays by 4th qtr:doh:...

Yesterday just opened my eyes man. As you know I've been sticking up for Jason Campbell for a LONG time now.

I thought it was just the OL, but yesterday against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, he had plenty of time and just couldn't get it done.

Welcome to reality. Glad you took the blue pill.

Archived