Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Question: If Zorn is fired, do we keep Campbell?

Rskins91

Next year is the year, I have thought that for a while, that 2009 would be the year.

We will have Portis, Cooley, and Moss in their Prime.

Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, Fondon Fletcher, Fred Smoot, and Andre Carter all on top of the games still before they begin to age and loose their step.

Then young guys like Campbell, Thomas, Davis, Kelly, Horton, Blades, and Rineheart all getting a year of experiance added to their games.

Combine that with the fact that everyone should be slightly better in the second season of a system, more of the playbook will be memorized and another years worth of draft picks should really help.

I don't think throwing all that way now is worth it when 2009 is looking to be better than 08. If 09 stinks too, then you blow up the team, but I think you got to give it one more year.

the only reason campbell will end up being a patrick ramsey is because of the line.

any other qb who gets behind that line and takes total punishment week in and out will become a patrick ramsey as well

he does not have the mind to get the job done...physical skills...yes..mental...no. He does not process fast enough. He is slow mentally. You can see it in his eyes. He has no command on the field.

Yesterday just opened my eyes man. As you know I've been sticking up for Jason Campbell for a LONG time now.

I thought it was just the OL, but yesterday against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, he had plenty of time and just couldn't get it done.

You're right. He's as worthless as hen shiz on a pump handle.

Next year is the year, I have thought that for a while, that 2009 would be the year.

We will have Portis, Cooley, and Moss in their Prime.

Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, Fondon Fletcher, Fred Smoot, and Andre Carter all on top of the games still before they begin to age and loose their step.

Then young guys like Campbell, Thomas, Davis, Kelly, Horton, Blades, and Rineheart all getting a year of experiance added to their games.

Combine that with the fact that everyone should be slightly better in the second season of a system, more of the playbook will be memorized and another years worth of draft picks should really help.

I don't think throwing all that way now is worth it when 2009 is looking to be better than 08. If 09 stinks too, then you blow up the team, but I think you got to give it one more year.

i agree, give it another year with the personnel zorn wants to use. it its not campbell as the starter, fine. i'm sure zorn knows better than anyone if campbell is the man for the job

he does not have the mind to get the job done...physical skills...yes..mental...no. He does not process fast enough. He is slow mentally. You can see it in his eyes. He has no command on the field.

i don't buy this whole "look in his eyes" thing cuz Eli looks clueless and half retarded out there at times but look at what he's done

If Zorn is fired, JC is done either way. It obviously takes JC some time to learn. If a new coach is brought in, then that is another system JC will have to learn. He will need to play lights out to stay after that. My guess, JC gets the nod next year no matter who is here, but if its a new coach, he won't be here more than a year.

Agreed. Campbell won't do anything to win games for you, but he wont make enormous mistakes to make everyone think he sucks.

He is a serviceable QB, but is never going to be great.

I havarrived at this same conclusion.

I don't hate the guy or consider him a washout, he just dosen't seem to have the spark good QBs have.

LOL at panel's post....

The problem is JC, its not the damn line. If our QB had any skills he would have beaten the Bengals. One other team has lost to that sorry franchise before we did this year. JC needs to be benched and then offered a minimum deal next year to return. He's not worth locking into a long term contract. He's below average and is a terrible leader. We'd be better off starting Colt the next two weeks and getting him some playing time then watching us lose with a crappy QB the next two weeks. JC's had plenty of time to produce, he's not done that. Screw systems and the other crap. JC sucks and needs to go

Agreed. Campbell won't do anything to win games for you, but he wont make enormous mistakes to make everyone think he sucks.

He is a serviceable QB, but is never going to be great.

The ONLY reason he doesn't make mistakes is becuase he doesn't take risks and THROW THE BALL.

OMG, I cannot beileve how many times I screamed those words at my TV this year. So frustrating. I would galdly give up a few ITs for SEVERAL more TDs!!!!!!!!

The ONLY reason he doesn't make mistakes is becuase he doesn't take risks and THROW THE DAMN BALL.

OMG, I cannot beileve how many times I screamed those words at my TV this year. So frustrating. I would galdly give up a few ITs for SEVERAL more TDs!!!!!!!!

so force that ball into triple coverage on 2nd down on the last drive and kill any chance to score a TD on 3rd down?

I am definitely an advocate of playing Brennan these last two games but that wont happen. Zorn was hired to help JC. If he benches JC then he writes his own ticket out of town which is fine by me too if he doesnt risk that for the betterment of the team. Another thing that is strange is the ages of our 2 youngest qbs relative to their game experience. There in lies another problem. Colt will be 26 next year and campbell will be 28. Our ''qb of the future" should be playing when there are about 23 or 24 because we would have drafted him early and played him early which all of the good teams seem to do with their qb's.

so force that ball into triple coverage on 2nd down on the last drive and kill any chance to score a TD on 3rd down?

....you talk like it was always triple coverage that he was throwing into... please. There were plenty of times he had WIDE OPEN receivers. There is just no excuse, NONE, to miss wide-open receivers (often).

It must be painful to keep defending him the way you do.

My only Campbell bashing is that he doesn't truly fit the system. I think he's shown a lot of improvement and could wind up being a terrific QB, but in a system that requires quick reads and, just as crucially, a quick release, his body doesn't conform. The advantage both Collins and Brennan have is that they get rid of the ball with little to no fanfare -- 3/5 steps, it's out.

Campbell's problem is only aggravated by the lack of protection he gets from the line.

There in lies another problem. Colt will be 26 next year and campbell will be 28. Our ''qb of the future" should be playing when there are about 23 or 24 because we would have drafted him early and played him early which all of the good teams seem to do with their qb's.

Not necessarily true at all. Matt Ryan, for example, is an exception to the rule. Most good teams let their QBs learn from watching. Some let them play, stink up the joint and learn, but that's not the usual route. Guys like Ryan, Rothlisberger and to a much lesser extent Flacco are unusual. Usually guys ride the pine for a little while -- like Garrard, Brady, Rivers, Romo sits to pee, etc ... until they're about 25 or so.

....you talk like it was always triple coverage that he was throwing into... please. There were plenty of times he had WIDE OPEN receivers. There is just no excuse, NONE, to miss wide-open receivers (often).

It must be painful to keep defending him the way you do.

and you act like you had a birds eye view every time he dropped back to pass and can provide evidence of all the times he missed wide open recievers.

the reality is, you are seeing what everyone else sees on TV and most of the time its pretty damn hard to see who is wide open and who isn't

Campbell is definitely part of the problem. If you really think Campbell was a good QB, then why is he having the same problems he had for the past 3 YEARS?????

Jesus Christ people lets get on Campbells balls a little bit more and maybe he will become a good QB!

:silly:

and you act like you had a birds eye view every time he dropped back to pass and can provide evidence of all the times he missed wide open recievers.

the reality is, you are seeing what everyone else sees on TV and most of the time its pretty damn hard to see who is wide open and who isn't

Evidence? All the evidence I need is scoring 1 TD a game IF WE ARE LUCKY. You can love JC all you want. It doesn't matter. He has proven to me and to MANY others that he cannot and will not ever get it done. Zorn knows it too, and it's probably killing him that he couldnt make him into a great QB. Reality is a bi+ch.

Evidence? All the evidence I need is scoring 1 TD a game IF WE ARE LUCKY. You can love JC all you want. It doesn't matter. He has proven to me and to MANY others that he cannot and will not ever get it done. Zorn knows it too, and it's probably killing him that he couldnt make him into a great QB. Reality is a bi+ch.

oh yea i suppose it was campbells fault sellers fumbled on the 1 so we couldn't score more than 1 td yesterday

seriously though, u have 20 some odd posts and they are all bashing campbell. you need to get your rocks off doing something else.

NNT this clown for bypassing the profanity filters

Archived