Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell'm Czabe!

dwbiggs

I agree that this team and front office have to be blown up, but in the current NFL that doesn't necessarily mean a Raiders like regression. Look no further than the Falcons and Dolphins this season - pick the right people to put in charge and you can right a ship very quickly these days.

The Falcons were in much, much worse shape last season and are now looking like a team that will be an NFC contender for the next decade.

Unfortunately, Snyder has shown no inclination or talent to put the right people in place - so we may indeed be rooting for the East Coast Raiders for the next 10 years or so. You think the last 15 years have been painful? If Snyder doesn't change his ways, we may look back on this era with fondness. Scary.

The Redskins have no leadership. The coach can't lead because the owner is in control. The players complain to the owner and the coach gets no support. Game over. Top down the Redskins are a disaster. You never hear, oh no Vinny the GM is going to get rid of me if I screw up. You never heard the coach is going to bench me because I don't practice and run my mouth. NO fear. No respect.

Change the front office, hire a GM and let him run the team. Let him hire a coach and let the coach have control over the team. You know, the way it works for 31 other teams.

I agree completely. Snyder has taken his hands out of personnel decisions but still hurts the team by not fully empowering his coach. The Skins need a set management structure and an actual plan in order to succeed. What we have now is a team where the players are given too much power and we make decisions based on "win now" rather than "build to win for years"

Keep Zorn. Get rid of 3-4 O-linemen. Bring in stud replacements. Have a wide open HONEST TO GOD competition for QB next year. Tweak the D just a little. And by tweak, I mean get rid of Rogers, and replace Springs as well.

Go from there.

How do you plan on replacing so many guys on the O-Line, especially when the FO has never gotten a single player through the draft?

Keep Zorn. Get rid of 3-4 O-linemen. Bring in stud replacements. Have a wide open HONEST TO GOD competition for QB next year. Tweak the D just a little. And by tweak, I mean get rid of Rogers, and replace Springs as well.

Go from there.

Totally agree with that assessment... we also need a couple of new kickers as well.

i would be happy to get a couple young linemen and an open competition in training camp for the QB position. get us some young guys for the o line to plug in if needed until they are ready to take over full control of the position (which hopefully would be before the mid season mark)

Totally disagree w/Czabe on this (and most things). The Moss penalty was selfish and stupid but completely out of character. Portis is a prima donna, but hardly a locker room cancer -- I think he's more leader than anything. The reason Zorn got into a problem with Portis is exactly because he refuses to coddle him.

The Redskins have no leadership. The coach can't lead because the owner is in control. The players complain to the owner and the coach gets no support. Game over. Top down the Redskins are a disaster. You never hear, oh no Vinny the GM is going to get rid of me if I screw up. You never heard the coach is going to bench me because I don't practice and run my mouth. NO fear. No respect.

Change the front office, hire a GM and let him run the team. Let him hire a coach and let the coach have control over the team. You know, the way it works for 31 other teams.

If only you had some facts here. We have no clue what happens behind closed doors.

Czaban is funny/entertaining, but he's about as fairweather you can get. At least Polin is continually pessimistic and needs to be proven that the team is legit. It's annoying, but at least he's consistent.

Why is he fairweather? Just because he tell's it like it is and doesn't buy into the excuses spewed from players, coaches, ownership, etc.? Being a fan doesn't mean kissing these guys asses.

I agree whole heartedly...This team(I use that word lightly) is a mess and it starts from the top down...If Mr. Snyder actually wants to win he needs to stop being a fan/jock sniffer and become an owner.

Allow Vinny the autonomy to make the moves he wants to make that he feels will make the team successful w/out having to run it by you or discuss it with you. If he is your football guy.

As an owner do not allow players to come and complain to you about anything on the field, the only discussions should be about help needed on personal situations, or just small talk. The way you take care of your players isn't by being their friend or their shoulder to cry on. It's by having first class facilities, stadium, training staff, and paying them well when they earn it etc...

If Mr. Snyder never learns these things this team will always be average to below average. Mr. Snyder has to realize that he can't be a Jerry Jones he doesn't have the football background Jerrah does. Talent evaluation isn't something that you can learn late in the game. GET A FOOTBALL GUY AND LET HIM DO HIS WORK.

Why is he fairweather? Just because he tell's it like it is and doesn't buy into the excuses spewed from players, coaches, ownership, etc.? Being a fan doesn't mean kissing these guys asses.

I could not agree with you more man! Half of the stuff that the organization puts out to the media are nothing but lies... I'm a HUGE fan, but I bad mouth the Skins a lot, just because I see a lot of mistakes made... Just because I am a fan doesnt mean I have to kiss their ass and believe everything out of Redskins Park.

No offense or anything, but I believe that about 90% of the fans on this site kiss the organization's ass and are played a fool from an organization that will spin and lie to them.

:2cents:

Czabe, Polin, and even Riggins are starting to annoy me greatly.

This is product of Zorn having early success. If we started out 1-4 and ended up with an 8-8 or 7-9 record, people would be fine right now. If anyone told me before the year started that we'd end up 7-9 or 8-8 I'd be satisfied as well. Get a grip. It's knee-jerk fans who facilitate the dysfunction of this franchise. We're so used to it now we can't live without it. We need a team in disarray. I thought Gibbs fixed that, but apparently he didn't.

I could not agree with you more man! Half of the stuff that the organization puts out to the media are nothing but lies... I'm a HUGE fan, but I bad mouth the Skins a lot, just because I see a lot of mistakes made... Just because I am a fan doesnt mean I have to kiss their ass and believe everything out of Redskins Park.

No offense or anything, but I believe that about 90% of the fans on this site kiss the organization's ass and are played a fool from an organization that will spin and lie to them.

:2cents:

Exactly. Being a fan means not just accepting what Snyder/Cerrato has done to our beloved Redskins. I'm a fan of the Skins, but I'm NOT a fan of this current ownership and group of players.

Czabe sure was kissing some butt around the whole '7-1' time frame. But perhaps our perceptions are different.

I think people are still living in 2000 and are still horrified from the Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier era and can't/won't let that go until Danny wins 3 Super Bowls...in a row...by 50 points.

I think people are still living in 2000 and are still horrified from the Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier era and can't/won't let that go until Danny wins 3 Super Bowls...in a row...by 50 points.

That's the LEAST he could do for putting us through the last 10 years of misery.

Archived