Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Just Chill Out" Thread (merged x4) (MET)

purbeast

The Skins will squeak out a win by less than a touchdown.

On Monday, half of this board will 'call out' the naysayers for 'not believing'.

The 'naysayers' will realize that a close win against a horrible team is nothing to be proud about and sit quietly to wait for the next implosion.

The Skins will squeak out a win by less than a touchdown.

I don't want to believe this but I think you're right man. I think back to the Lions game when I thought we would blow them out and we kept it close.

Now with two starting tackles out, it's hard to imagine we'll win by more than a TD.

I don't want to believe this but I think you're right man. I think back to the Lions game when I thought we would blow them out and we kept it close.

Now with two starting tackles out, it's hard to imagine we'll win by more than a TD.

This team has not won a game by more than 8 points all year, and that includes games against bottom-feeders like the Rams, Seahawks, Browns, and Lions. To expect a blowout against ANYONE is simply wishful thinking.

I think I need to say this again. WE ARE 7-6!!!!!!! We play in the hardest division and on top of that the whole NFC is bringing it this year. Even the Lions and NFC West is playing hard. So to say that Jim Zorn should go after his first year implementing the very difficult, but very rewarding West Coast offense, it is crazy. Yes after starting 6-2 we shouldn't be right here, we should be better. But dang, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Giants, these are top 10 defenses and it just seemed that all four were on those games. Then you add the injury factor and all hell should have broke loose. I am just saying no matter what happens the last three games, I am not proud about our season, but I am optimistic about the future.

Calm down people and look at everything before you panic, it might be bad, but we could be the Raiders.

The team is 7-6. Except for the Rams game, the Skins have lost to solid contending teams. The Bengals are coming up which likely means 8-6 after Zorn feeds Portis 25 carries. The Skins could very well be controlling their own destiny by Sunday night. Everybody needs to cool out!

I think I need to say this again. WE ARE 7-6!!!!!!! We play in the hardest division and on top of that the whole NFC is bringing it this year. Even the Lions and NFC West is playing hard. So to say that Jim Zorn should go after his first year implementing the very difficult, but very rewarding West Coast offense, it is crazy. Yes after starting 6-2 we shouldn't be right here, we should be better. But dang, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Giants, these are top 10 defenses and it just seemed that all four were on those games. Then you add the injury factor and all hell should have broke loose. I am just saying no matter what happens the last three games, I am not proud about our season, but I am optimistic about the future.

Calm down people and look at everything before you panic, it might be bad, but we could be the Raiders.

I agree with what you're saying, although I'll reserve my opinion on Zorn right now. I just don't know. But I did kinda chuckle at "Even the Lions..." :D. I get what you're saying though.

I just don't like the fact that people are judging the season and Zorn's first year ALREADY. We could finish 7-9 or 10-6. There is a HUGE difference between those two outcomes....I'll wait and see how we finish these last three games before I go judging Zorn's first year.

7-6 after starting 6-2.

Do you actually, honestly believe those D's just happened to be on when they played us or that it's more likely our Offense is just putrid. It wasn't as if we convincingly beat even ant bad teams this year, after all.

Going from 6-2 to 7-6 is not good. But it doesn't really tell the story of a season.

If you go from 6-2 to 7-6 to 10-6, then that's a pretty darn good season, IMO.

If you go from 6-2 to 7-6 to 8-8, that's pretty disappointing. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Regardless of the playoff implications, I think the perception of Zorn's first year is going to come down to that Philly game. I think we'll beat Cincy this week, although it could be very ugly....then, we'll have a chance to really right the ship at home against the Eagles. I think the outcome of that game may very well determine how the masses feel about Zorn's first year.

Right now I am giving the coaching staff a pass. I generally like what I see. Has Zorn and some of the coaches made mistakes, of course. Our offensive staff is inexperienced, but I bet they are learning.

Looking around the league every team has players that complain. Whenever a player around the league is benched or doesn't get play time he sometimes spouts of just like some of ours have. So, nothing new.

I think Zorn is as frustrated as the next guy with our line play. His Oline took a nose dive the second half of the season. If you can't run the ball and can't protect the QB, what the heck is Zorn supposed to play call?

Getting to the passer is of less to concern to me than getting run on. If you can't get to the passer you better be able to stop the run. If you can't do either your hurting. This defense was built to pressure not sack the QB. Teams have started to run on this defense the second half of the season and that is troubling. However, I put that on the players and not Blache.

The questions I have is what does the team do in the offseason. I hope they don't get rid of more draft picks to acquire players. How is that Taylor experiment doing? Sure would have been nice to have a second round pick, and I have been saying that since the trade happened.

Always good advice, but there is plenty of chum in the water to stir things up. Something's going on and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume changes could easily be on the horizon. We all could be blowing this way out of proportion of course, but then again, it's hard to presume everything is fine and dandy out there at Redskins Park.

Archived