Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's face it: The Redskins are not a good team.

Redskins4ever

How many seasons are going to go by, and the best the Redskins can do is enter into the NFC playoffs as a 6th seed? The team played fairly well early on in the season and then somewhere during the St. Louis Rams game, they hit a wall and never recovered. The Redskins are 3-3 since that point. The Redskins can't seem to beat or hang with the better teams either. While they can beat average squads like the Saints, the Browns, the Lions, the Cowboys, the Cardinals, Eagles, and Seahawks, they struggle against the elite teams like the Giants, the Steelers, and the Ravens and have proven for the third time in four years that they are no better than a average team struggling to capture the 6th seed in the playoffs down the stretch run.

When will this end?

Agree with everything you just said. Well, almost. No way the Skins beat the Saints now, lost to the Cowboys again, will lose badly to Philly in our next meeting.

The Skins were a different team when we got those wins, and most of the teams you mentioned are different teams now as well. Unfortunately for us, we're going in the opposite direction of most of who you mentioned.

Actually, I think we have a good team, and that's about it. We beat below average teams (except for the Rams, but let's be honest, that was flukey). If we played in the West we'd be fighting for the division title. The East is a hard division to play in and we've had a rough schedule of late which has magnified our weaknesses.

I think Madden actually called that one pretty well last night, saying that the last month has shown that the Redskins aren't elite, but good.

They are George Allen's "over-the-hill gang" redux. All the key positions are old and tired. Portis is bouncing back slower and slower. London Fletcher and the o-line are ancient. There is no short-term spark, and no long-term plan.

This is a team that was designed by powerpoint presentation to Dan Snyder. "We really think you are going to like it, D.S" It is like the latest Chrysler mid-size, where a suit signs off on something about which he has no idea.

I understand the the NFL is rough and tough and nothing to play with. This 2008 Redskins squad should be 9-4 right now. There's no shame in losing to the Giants twice. But we should have defeated the Rams, and certainly should have Skinned the Dallas Cowboys twice this year. I'm just getting sick of the Redskins finding themselves in a position where they have to dig themselves out of a hole just to make the playoffs as a 6th seed. The team is better than this. I know they are.

All hope is gone... We can't score at all. Our offense is as bad as I have ever seen.

When we played the Steelers and got those two FGs to start the game (on short field both times) and then kept squandering opportunities, I turned to the guy next to me and said, "This isn't good. If we let them stay in this game for long enough they're going to come back and win." Did anyone have that feeling last night? The Ravens offense did nothing after that first possession and I never once felt like there was any chance we could come back from 14.

Actually, I think we have a good team, and that's about it. We beat below average teams (except for the Rams, but let's be honest, that was flukey). If we played in the West we'd be fighting for the division title. The East is a hard division to play in and we've had a rough schedule of late which has magnified our weaknesses.

I think Madden actually called that one pretty well last night, saying that the last month has shown that the Redskins aren't elite, but good.

Good Teams can actually score more than 10 pts a game. The Def. is good to mediocre, the offense is horrid.

The better coached teams have figured us out and we can only beat the teams with mediocre records or losing records.. unfortunaltely we are not an elite team and the current 4 losses prove that......

I am sorry but I do not Randle El returning Punts........he runs sideways all the time

The Redskins are an average team.

Good to very good defense.

Below average offense. (Portis alone precludes calling them a poor offense)

Below average special teams.

Add it up and you get an average team.

Funny thing is the Ravens aren't a great team by any stretch. If the offense was able to generate anything in the first half, the game would have had a very different flavor. But the offense gave that Raven team 14 points early on. Unforgivable.

Good Teams can actually score more than 10 pts a game. The Def. is good to mediocre, the offense is horrid.

I'm equating good with average, I think, which is a little off base. But you are correct in your statements, though I think our defense isn't mediocre except for the pass rush, which is even below mediocre.

Good teams do not just squeek by the Browns, Lions, and Seahawks, they crush em.

Good teams score more than 30 points in a game, the Redskins are one of 3 teams not to score over 30 points.

This team is average at best.

I concur with you wholeheartedly. The Redskins were suppose to smash bad teams like the Browns, Seahawks, and Lions, but they were barely able to defeat them. This Redskin team has shown that it isn't ready to take steps to get to the next level.

You know, I get tired of posting about JC. I watched Atlanta yesterday and kept thinking to myself what I would do for a guy like Ryan. I watched how "into" the game he was. I watched how confident he seemed and how he controlled everyone on the offensive side of the ball. That guy will be and is becoming a field general. Its not play calling or game planning or any of that other stuff. Its being able to make decisions and be the guy that everyone wants to have the ball at the end of the game. JC is not that guy. If we give him a big extension in the off-season I'll be completely blown away. We need to trade him and draft a QB and let him and Colt have a show down in camp. Or bring in a good young vet like Cassell. Now everyone will get on here next Monday after Campbell has a good game against the Bengals and call people like me nuts. There will be threads like "where are the Campbell haters now". But we don't get to play teams like that 16 times a year. We are in the toughest division in football and the NFC is definitely on the up and up.

Not good,....pretty good,...not bad,...average,...mediocre, etc, etc.

Does it really matter how exactly they're described at this point? It's been subtle variations of the same thing now for about 15 seasons, and outside of making the playoffs 3 times in those 15 years it's pretty much been the same thing. Our own version of Ground Hog Day.

My opinion is this - They're a flawed organization as a whole. The foundation is not strong and that translates over to the team itself. As long as Danny and Vinnie are running the show things will continue this way. And I don't want to hear the crap of "Snyder will spend the money", "we've drafted some good player", etc, etc. Anyone of us on this board could do the same thing with regard to picking talent,..and spending money is just that "spending money". It's about a return on your investment.

The Skins will always be my team, but the continued mediocrity is very frustrating.

The Redskins are an average team.

Good to very good defense.

Below average offense. (Portis alone precludes calling them a poor offense)

Below average special teams.

Add it up and you get an average team.

Funny thing is the Ravens aren't a great team by any stretch. If the offense was able to generate anything in the first half, the game would have had a very different flavor. But the offense gave that Raven team 14 points early on. Unforgivable.

I agree with your assessment, albeit our Defense or their Offense did give us 10 points!

The offense is scaled back because of 2 things. Pass protection and the players not on the same page. This is what happens when teams change coaches every year. This has been the Skins biggest problem since Synder has bought the team. Constantly learning a different system every year, is the problem.

Now, there are things that need to be fixed. Start with the OL. I'm not going to mention the defense. That side of the ball has done their job. This team doesn't score points. How can they win? Campbell doesn't know where to throw. Zorn has to rely on Portis. The WCO isn't a running offense.

You know, I get tired of posting about JC. I watched Atlanta yesterday and kept thinking to myself what I would do for a guy like Ryan. I watched how "into" the game he was. I watched how confident he seemed and how he controlled everyone on the offensive side of the ball. That guy will be and is becoming a field general. Its not play calling or game planning or any of that other stuff. Its being able to make decisions and be the guy that everyone wants to have the ball at the end of the game. JC is not that guy. If we give him a big extension in the off-season I'll be completely blown away. We need to trade him and draft a QB and let him and Colt have a show down in camp. Or bring in a good young vet like Cassell. Now everyone will get on here next Monday after Campbell has a good game against the Bengals and call people like me nuts. There will be threads like "where are the Campbell haters now". But we don't get to play teams like that 16 times a year. We are in the toughest division in football and the NFC is definitely on the up and up.

Bringing in Cassell solves what? He doesn't know the offense. Let Colt and Jason battle it out in training camp.

The season is not over ....are we a good team no are we as bad as some have stated I dont think so . Our offense has just played the last 4 games against top defenses . Look at dallas at what happened at Pitt, their offense put up basically the same yards we did against pitt. This is the NFL and there are going to be highs and lows and right not is very low but with all this we are not out of it!!!!! I believe our offense will get it together and I believe we will be competitive in our last three games not saying we will win but we will give ourselves a chance.

I love these threads. Before Sunday.... we heard about how the Ravens had a winning record because they benefited from a weak schedule.

And always, following a loss.... we hear "let's face it, the Redskins are not a good team".

You never see these threads in the pre-season... or following a victory. Only after it's blatantly obvious. Hindsight is 20/20. Any genius can look at a team's 7-6 record and say they're an average team. It's the REAL good football analysts that predicted this BEFORE the season started.

And when the mediots did.... all we got was a negative reaction from the fans here... after they predicted the Skins to be last in the NFC East. And right now, we are.

Archived