Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You are worn out, losing by 7 with 2 min and are coming back to the huddle...

Mackdaddydean

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Can we stop already with the JC CB discussions?

1) It is the receivers job to catch the ball.

2) Who said the QB is the only one who can step up and be the leader?

HTTR

STBonecrusher great answer.

agreed.

this is a pointless thread that could have been reduced to a meaningless post in one of the many other threads questioning JCs performance. If people feel the need to come on here and vent, and question JC's ability thats one thing. But questioning his poise, leadership and dedication/drive to win is extremely weak. You can see it in his eyes. Its killing the dude that he isnt producing enough to help us win. Too bad he's not really getting any help.

agreed.

this is a pointless thread that could have been reduced to a meaningless post in one of the many other threads questioning JCs performance. If people feel the need to come on here and vent, and question JC's ability thats one thing. But questioning his poise, leadership and dedication/drive to win is extremely weak. You can see it in his eyes. Its killing the dude that he isnt producing enough to help us win. Too bad he's not really getting any help.

I did neither of those. I simply made a poll as an up or down vote. I personally have never thought JC was all that bad in his demeanor but many on here have criticized it and many have called for CB. I was simply seeing if there is a connection between the two. That is to say, do they think CB would do a better job of that?

agreed.

the worst is when they show him after a third down drop, you can just see him linger on the field as if there was something he could have done better even though he hit a guy in the hands with the ball.

A leader to help me catch the damn thing? Hell no.

I play football a few times a week, and not for a luxurious living. My motivation to not **** up comes out of pride in myself and a desire to help my team win. I hold myself accountable for my actions and don't need anyone to motivate me to bust my ass every play.

If I needed "motivation" to catch a ball, I probably wouldn't be on the field in the first place.

:applause: Close thread!

Who do you think would be more likely to get in your face and motivate you to go back out and make a play ? I'm just curious with all the talk of Campbell's Valium-like demeanor and the masses crying out for Colt.

EDIT: I've changed the thread title to more accurately suit the situation for leadership. Instead of a dropped ball it'd be more of a team togetherness situation.

What do the masses say about how Colts demeanor is?

You are so hardcore man. Hard. Core.
It's been edited. A dropped ball was a bad example. I just meant in a situation where the OB needs to pick someone back up and lead the team.

Getting upset because your original thoughts were shot down and people told you so is douchebaggery. Douche. Baggery.

;)

I did neither of those. I simply made a poll as an up or down vote. I personally have never thought JC was all that bad in his demeanor but many on here have criticized it and many have called for CB. I was simply seeing if there is a connection between the two. That is to say, do they think CB would do a better job of that?

Fair enough, I still think it was a pretty pointless thread but that is besides the point. Also, I wasnt specifically directing the second part of my comments towards you, so sorry if I came across as a little rude.

Like I have said before JC has the demeanor, desire, whatever you want to call it to win. People on this board are letting three bad losses cloud that, along with the fact that it is not ENTIRELY his fault. As a QB, how would you all be affected mentally if your oline wasnt doing its job? How would you be affected if a pass for a first down was flat out dropped ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS, Braylon Edwards-style? It sure wouldnt help in completeing the next pass.

For those of you that will say it is his job to throw it accurately no matter what, you are wrong, so save your typing. There is a flow, a rhytym to this game, a positive psychological component that is extrmely valuable in grasping throughout the course of the game. Only the Peyton Mannings can produce a win with the type of game the OL and WRs played on sunday. Putting Colt in at this point would ruin his potential career moreso than give us a better shot at making the playoffs at this point.

Getting upset because your original thoughts were shot down and people told you so is douchebaggery. Douche. Baggery.

;)

Sorry to burst your bubble and your pathetic try at replicating me making fun of you, but i was never upset.:) I just thought it was funny that you don't need anyone to motivate you and any encouragement you've ever gotten has never helped. Furthermore, I just realized that a dropped ball was a bad example. Personally, I want JC as the starter right now. I'm just seeing what people think of him in comparison to what they think CB might bring to the table in the way of motivation. That being said, the voting is pretty split thus far. Interesting. And that's why i started this thread. ;)

Have you ever heard one player tell the media that JC's excitement is infectious?

Or that he lifts the entire team?

Here you go - quote from todays Post from Randle El.

"It's the leadership in practice and leadership in the huddle," Antwaan Randle El said. "He does what you would expect out of your quarterback. Most quarterbacks do what people expect them to do as a quarterback. But some have that extra edge like Jason has, in terms of being able to get out of the pocket and making plays. That extra edge in terms of when things are down keeping everybody upbeat and those things, and just making sure we're going in the right direction.

I've never met either of them. How am I supposed to know?

:silly:

Ding ding ding! Took the words right out of my mouth bro, or in this case off my keyboard.

I'm sure the TEAM, the one that voted Campbell as their captain on offense, and the one that is defending him now under this onslaught brought about by our own "fans", would probably vote Campbell.

Here you go - quote from todays Post from Randle El.

"It's the leadership in practice and leadership in the huddle," Antwaan Randle El said. "He does what you would expect out of your quarterback. Most quarterbacks do what people expect them to do as a quarterback. But some have that extra edge like Jason has, in terms of being able to get out of the pocket and making plays. That extra edge in terms of when things are down keeping everybody upbeat and those things, and just making sure we're going in the right direction.

McD5 owned yet again. He'll probably just ignore this though. Typical.

What do the masses say about how Colts demeanor is?

Loaded question. Any of Colt's fans who have watched more than just 2 of his games, knows he can motivate in the huddle. He can also motivate from the sidelines. Didn't he tell Cooley he would score a TD on the Skin's next possesion in preseason. Look at the following he has from Hawaii, he motivated an entire state for 2yrs.

The rest of you that say they don't need motivation, quit lying to yourselves. Motivation is needed in every thing humans do as we have doubt in everything we do. I'm sure I'll get a good broadside, but the ability to motivate others is something every leader must have. Managers however are exactly that managers. Seriously, who among us can say we never need motivating????? All that answer yes, are delusional.

Loaded question. Any of Colt's fans who have watched more than just 2 of his games, knows he can motivate in the huddle. He can also motivate from the sidelines. Didn't he tell Cooley he would score a TD on the Skin's next possesion in preseason. Look at the following he has from Hawaii, he motivated an entire state for 2yrs.

The rest of you that say they don't need motivation, quit lying to yourselves. Motivation is needed in every thing humans do as we have doubt in everything we do. I'm sure I'll get a good broadside, but the ability to motivate others is something every leader must have. Managers however are exactly that managers. Seriously, who among us can say we never need motivating????? All that answer yes, are delusional.

All very true and yes we all need the odd prod or arm around the shoulder however true motivation comes from within. If you need to be told and pushed to do things that you know you should be doing anyway then you will never be more than mediocre.

Self motivation, personal pride and focus on your own goals (and talent) are what separate those who excel from those who simply survive.

Archived