Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You are worn out, losing by 7 with 2 min and are coming back to the huddle...

Mackdaddydean

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who do you think would be more likely to get in your face and motivate you to go back out and make a play ? I'm just curious with all the talk of Campbell's Valium-like demeanor and the masses crying out for Colt.

EDIT: I've changed the thread title to more accurately suit the situation for leadership. Instead of a dropped ball it'd be more of a team togetherness situation.

Remember they were saying this about Eli last year, winning makes your demeanor the right one, losing makes it the wrong one....personally I think it is irrelevant but none of us are with the team on the field during games or during the week in practice. Demeanor doesn't matter if you win..

First off I can't vote in good conscience because I don't know Colt's demeanor. That said, I still don't have any evidence to get excited about JC's demeanor either. I hardly ever see him fired up, or just having a great time on the field (ala Brett Favre; but beleive me I know MOST QB's can't capture that type of spirit when they play)

So you wouldn't want a leader to help you along the way then?

A leader to help me catch the damn thing? Hell no.

I play football a few times a week, and not for a luxurious living. My motivation to not **** up comes out of pride in myself and a desire to help my team win. I hold myself accountable for my actions and don't need anyone to motivate me to bust my ass every play.

Neither...it's my responsibility to catch the damn ball and to motivate myself to hold onto it next time.
I agree with this post 100%. You do not drop the ball, period. And if you do drop the ball, you shouldn't need some input from outside to motivate you.

Tangent: Uh, that avatar - looks like somebody is cheating. :silly:

First off, Brennan would not do some kind of Mike Ditka in your face if his receiver dropped a catchable pass. If he were to say something, he would put the incompletion on himself. Bad pass or whatever.

Of course the receiver knows otherwise and subsequently will try harder next time.

A leader to help me catch the damn thing? Hell no.

I play football a few times a week, and not for a luxurious living. My motivation to not **** up comes out of pride in myself and a desire to help my team win. I hold myself accountable for my actions and don't need anyone to motivate me to bust my ass every play.

Yeah you're right encouragement or an ass chewing never helped anyone.

Yeah you're right encouragement or an ass chewing never helped anyone.

Point me to where I said that.

All I'm saying is you posed a question about catching the ball. No one can motivate you to hold on to it...that's all on you.

*And as for me and playing sports all of my life, neither encouragement or an ass chewing ever did much for me. It was on me to go out and play hard and execute. I was either going to of my choosing or not.

Point me to where I said that.

All I'm saying is you posed a question about catching the ball. No one can motivate you to hold on to it...that's all on you.

*And as for me and playing sports all of my life, neither encouragement or an ass chewing ever did much for me. It was on me to go out and play hard and execute. I was either going to of my choosing or not.

You are so hardcore man. Hard. Core.

Archived