Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You are worn out, losing by 7 with 2 min and are coming back to the huddle...

Mackdaddydean

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

....The rest of you that say they don't need motivation, quit lying to yourselves. Motivation is needed in every thing humans do as we have doubt in everything we do. I'm sure I'll get a good broadside, but the ability to motivate others is something every leader must have. Managers however are exactly that managers. Seriously, who among us can say we never need motivating????? All that answer yes, are delusional.

thank you dude. I've read some of these replies and it's like follow the 'coolest' comment in here. Pfft....to answer the question...Colt!

I think Jason Campbell believes in the philosophy 'motivate yourself' and that's why the Skins are where we are now. There's no solid leader on this team....at times, when we've been beaten up, down two scores...5 minutes to play and CP is hurt....someone needs to pull everyone together and say, "we can do this, I'll get us down the field, just stick with me!"

It's amazing how much that helps, especially coming from a player who looked qbs in the eye during such times...it shows leadership and that can win games!

All very true and yes we all need the odd prod or arm around the shoulder however true motivation comes from within. If you need to be told and pushed to do things that you know you should be doing anyway then you will never be more than mediocre.

Self motivation, personal pride and focus on your own goals (and talent) are what separate those who excel from those who simply survive.

True, but not everyone is a self motivator or at times just need a hand to get back on track. We've all been derailed once or twice, and that's where having someone else to help when you are down is priceless. Team motivates team. CP has tried, hell, I know he motivated me when I saw that chip block he threw in the first Giants game. Wicked. :)

Isn't that the coaches job?

How 'bout this: you want motivation? Do the job you get paid to do or you're fired!

I wonder how this thread works for the real world? You're a hospital worker and you have some A-hole doctor getting in your face. Gee you're motivated...to use your fist!

Sorry to burst your bubble and your pathetic try at replicating me making fun of you, but i was never upset.:) I just thought it was funny that you don't need anyone to motivate you and any encouragement you've ever gotten has never helped. Furthermore, I just realized that a dropped ball was a bad example. Personally, I want JC as the starter right now. I'm just seeing what people think of him in comparison to what they think CB might bring to the table in the way of motivation. That being said, the voting is pretty split thus far. Interesting. And that's why i started this thread. ;)

I thought I did a good job of replicating it :silly:

Honestly, I've tried to get motivated in other ways but nothing outside really did it for me. To answer your *edited* question, I'd go with JC. I saw a fire in his eyes at the Saints game after the bomb to Santana that told me this guy has "it"....I wouldn't be too enthused about a rookie coming out.

*Also, of course the voting is split. Look at half the posters on here. Hell, check out the first page of threads....We should sign Plax? Start Brennan thread? Hire Bill Cowher? It goes on and on and on....

I did neither of those. I simply made a poll as an up or down vote. I personally have never thought JC was all that bad in his demeanor but many on here have criticized it and many have called for CB. I was simply seeing if there is a connection between the two. That is to say, do they think CB would do a better job of that?
The shame is, his teammates, the ones who actually matter, have JCs back. Yet we have fans making polls questioning his leadership/motivation/abilities.

He is playing in a new offense, with a new HC and OC. Oh, the HC is in his first season as a HC/OC. We are in the thick of the NFC playoff hunt.

AND THERE ARE IDIOTS ON A MESSAGEBOARD WHO ACTUALLY THINK BENCHING THE STARTING QB IS A BRIGHT IDEA!!!!!! Seriously. The stadium nowadays shows how little most posters actually know about football.

You just dropped a pass and are coming back to the huddle... There is no time for anything in the huddle. The 40 second playclock has already started, the QB is receiving the playcall from the HC/OC. He has to relay that call to the huddle, line everyone up, survey the defense, make any alignment adjustments, and possible call an audible based on the defensive alignment. And you want him to yell at/encourage a professional athlete?

You would be the guy in that stands booing and calling for a benching as the team either burned a timeout or took a delay penelty.

Archived