James Thrash - 6th Rounder

Jason Campbell* - 3rd and 4th Rounder

Rocky McIntosh* - 2nd Rounder

Brandon Lloyd - 3rd and 4th Rounder

TJ Duckett - 3rd and 4th Rounder

Pete Kendall - 4th Rounder

Jason Taylor - 2nd and 6th Rounder

Erasmus James - 7th Rounder

* Additional draft picks traded to move up.

Taking the K.I.S.S route, (Keep It Simple Skinsfan) we have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th for the 2009 draft as well as compensation picks.

So unless there is a bluechip roadgrater at Guard/Center or pocket collapser at DT available, we'll be best served trading down in the firstround

• 2 weeks later...
Taking the K.I.S.S route, (Keep It Simple Skinsfan) we have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th for the 2009 draft as well as compensation picks.

So unless there is a bluechip roadgrater at Guard/Center or pocket collapser at DT available, we'll be best served trading down in the firstround

Are you kidding me? We will be a mid first round pick. We can definitely get some of the top OL that are coming out. We can catch a good center later. I wouldn't mind trading down, but I would like to stay in the first round if we trade down.

We have a 1, 3, 5, and 6.

And I don't think we will get any compensatory picks.

Compensation picks? What free agents did we lose last year?

Wow, this boat is sinking fast. I honestly think that we can't afford to trade down simply because we need some top tier talent. Everyone one of our positions is filled with talent that is just good enough for an 8-8 season. We need someone to come in and be able to carry our franchise or at least legitimize his position. I don't think we can get that by trading down.

Trung Candidate - 4th Rounder

Mark Brunell - 3rd Rounder

Clinton Portis - 2nd Rounder

Chris Cooley* - 2nd Rounder

James Thrash - 6th Rounder

Jason Campbell* - 3rd and 4th Rounder

Rocky McIntosh* - 2nd Rounder

Brandon Lloyd - 3rd and 4th Rounder

TJ Duckett - 3rd and 4th Rounder

Pete Kendall - 4th Rounder

Jason Taylor - 2nd and 6th Rounder

Erasmus James - 7th Rounder

* Additional draft picks traded to move up.

Those are the draft picks traded but I don't think it includes all of the draft picks expended for Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh. Campbell was picked in the first round so it took more than a 3rd and 4th to get him if I recall correctly. In addition, the Skins were supposedly offered a first round pick for Bailey so Portis really cost a first and second round pick.

The only really smart trade in that group was Cooley. He was worth the trade cost. All the others were either busts or just cost too much in the trade (e.g., Portis).

By my count the Skins used 16 draft picks in rounds 1-4 and have Campbell, Cooley and Portis as sold to superior starters on the current roster. McIntosh looks like he's not going to last. There's the reason for the continued mediocrity. The deficit in talent is too much for any coach to overcome.

I disagree. Trading up for a player that higher potential and less risk at a need psoition is also a great way to build a team. The increase in quantity doesn't always lead to a good team....look at Denver

Are you kidding me? We will be a mid first round pick. We can definitely get some of the top OL that are coming out. We can catch a good center later. I wouldn't mind trading down, but I would like to stay in the first round if we trade down.

Like who were you thinking? Oher, Smith and Monroe are the tops and we will need a top 10 pick to get them unless we get really lucky. I mean really lucky.

Trading down, but with which team ?

Well, we can hope that Detroit or Green bay would want to trade up. Detroit with Dallas' first and the top pick in rd 2. Green bay with 2 second round picks. If Monroe or Smith falls to us at 11-13 and Detroit, just drafting a QB, would offer us a good prize to move up and get a franchise LT, it may happen. I personally would take the LT.

I disagree. Trading up for a player that higher potential and less risk at a need psoition is also a great way to build a team. The increase in quantity doesn't always lead to a good team....look at Denver

I think trading down with our 1st pick for two picks makes sense when you have needs in several positions. Only problem is we have such a horrible talent evaluator. I don't think I trust Vinny to find value that slipped into later rounds. It might be harder for him to screw it up if we just used our 1st rounder.

Archived