Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, it's not today's loss that is frustrating.

NoCalMike

Ok sure, there were things to take away from this game that frustrated us all. Things to improve on. Things to scratch our head at.

However, to be completely honest, look at our schedule. If we were anything more than an average team, we would not have another loss this season.

Baltimore

Cincy

Philly

San Francisco.

The way our team plays, there is no honest way to predict the rest of the season.

If there is one game left we can lose, it is Baltimore, and that is merely because they are an AFC team and it means the least in the tiebreakers category.

So lets say we lose in Baltimore. There would be absolutely no excuse for losing any of the last three games.

The problem is with our team, every game is a mystery. Every game comes down to one or two big plays.

To me the most frustrating thing about this season is the way we play against awful teams.

I mean, I hate to bring it up AGAIN, but if we beat the Rams, and are 8-4 right now, instead of 7-5, I think we would be a lot more understanding of this loss. Sure, we always hate to lose to any team, but it's going to happen.

Sadly, this year is no different than the past few previous years. This style of games is our M.O. and we can't shake it, not even with a new head coach. After the Cowboys, Bucs, and Panthers won today (still waiting for ATL) I believe we have to win out to get into the playoffs.

I don't know how the rest of the season will shape up but I will be watching a lot more college games to get a look at prospects.

Ummm..... better hurry.

Today's loss doesn't hurt in that I knew the Giants were a better team coming into it - I just don't like the fact that it seemed a lot of the Skins just didn't show up. We should not have let so many opportunities go to waste. As for the rest of the season - I really don't see us beating the Ravens (that D is looking VERY good). I think we should win out from there... unfortunately I don't know if that will be enough to make the playoffs. :(

No shame in losing to a 10-1 team.

Yeah, and that's the reason why this franchise has one division title in 17 years. 2 playoff wins and 0 Superbowls.

It's never okay to loose to a team that we beat last year with our backup QB and the same O line. Now, they are missing two of their D lineman and their star Wide Receiver. Plus, their running back was hurt.

Yet, we as fans and as a franchise accept mediocricy. We are pathetic.

Was it okay to loose to a Dallas team that had a one handed QB? Was in okay to loose to the 2-9 Rams? Or what about the Steelers? I mean, hey, who cares....

Ok sure, there were things to take away from this game that frustrated us all. Things to improve on. Things to scratch our head at.

However, to be completely honest, look at our schedule. If we were anything more than an average team, we would not have another loss this season.

Baltimore

Cincy

Philly

San Francisco.

The way our team plays, there is no honest way to predict the rest of the season.

If there is one game left we can lose, it is Baltimore, and that is merely because they are an AFC team and it means the least in the tiebreakers category.

So lets say we lose in Baltimore. There would be absolutely no excuse for losing any of the last three games.

The problem is with our team, every game is a mystery. Every game comes down to one or two big plays.

To me the most frustrating thing about this season is the way we play against awful teams.

I mean, I hate to bring it up AGAIN, but if we beat the Rams, and are 8-4 right now, instead of 7-5, I think we would be a lot more understanding of this loss. Sure, we always hate to lose to any team, but it's going to happen.

i agree with you. i dont think any game is a shoe in.

Yeah, and that's the reason why this franchise has one division title in 17 years. 2 playoff wins and 0 Superbowls.
I'm guessing that's because our team hasn't been very good in the past 17 years.

And us Skins fans inflate our team every single year to epic proportions.

Even more frustrating, is that loss can be pinned solely on the back of one man and one RETARDED play: I'm looking at you Mr. Kendall. That play very well could have cost us the playoffs this year.

There will be the cliche-ists who say you can't pin any loss, much less a season, on one play. However, when you build your team in a patchwork fashion such that every game comes down to 2-3 plays, such an egregious, idiotic play will probably cost the Redskins the playoffs this year.

Sadly, this year is no different than the past few previous years. This style of games is our M.O. and we can't shake it, not even with a new head coach. After the Cowboys, Bucs, and Panthers won today (still waiting for ATL) I believe we have to win out to get into the playoffs.

Frankly we need a signal caller with a sense of urgency in his step and someone who is a playmaker. Jason Campbell is not and that's the reason.

To the OP's point you are correct in every way. The Rams game was a turning point this season. It was an unacceptable loss and it should have been 35-0 tbqh. How is it that we are letting terrible teams hang with us to the end? I think those games are confidence boosters and we need to take advantage. Last week in Seattle should have been a blowout to build morale for this week but we consistently play these close games that it just starts to wear on us. I think you'll see this team break down and we'll finish 8-8 or 7-9, no playoffs.

Frankly this team is way overrated. That 4-1 start was a mirage. In reality, since the Rams game this team has revealed it's true colors. We are a mediocre team. Frankly, if it wasn't for our defense; this team would be far worse than 7-5.

I expected us to start horribly and finish strong. Getting better as the season went on. In reality, the exact opposite has happened.

That early start that improved to 6-2 made everyone feel good. Since the Philly game, this team has been different. Reverting to true form.

Joe Gibbs took a disaster and left us a mediocre team. In year one of Zorn, we are still a mediocre team.

What's make it more disgusting; the Giants used that game against us to turn around their season. At one point the Giants looked like they were going to miss the playoffs but rallied and won and then got on a hot streak to win a superbowl. This year, they are in a great position to try to repeat.

The Skins are nowhere near being an elite team. When was the last time we fielded a team capable of scoring more than 20 points a game, say 25-30 points on a regular basis?

When you have 3 number 2 picks; you need to have one of those players be an impact in their rookie year. You can't afford to have such high picks not contribute right away and be nothing but long term projects.

I honestly don't have faith in us being anything more than mediocre.

I disagree. That's such a losers attitude and the way we played today I honestly believe those guys are telling themselves that exact same statement.

In order to be good in this league you have to have some type of swagger, and confidence. The "Ol shucks" attitude needs to go.

The Giants are a great team (IMO the best in the NFL), but this is also the NFL and every Sunday ANYTHING can happen. There is no excuse for the way we played out on that football field today. Not only did he show 0 heart, but we showed how soft of a football team we have slowly become.

One of the most gutless performances I have seen in awhile.

There is when we play like we did. If we lost 20-21 or 24-27, not that big o' deal. But we saw the red zone once today-once. We were 1 for 1, but we couldn't do anything other then that drive. Yes, they're 10-1, but we should have played much better then that.

Sure, a loss to the defending SB champs is understandable.

What's not understandable is basically getting spanked in your own house again. Teams on the rise somehow find a way to win some of these games the Skins have managed to donk off in recent weeks.

"donk off" Is that you Bickle?:)

The last 5 games have shown us that this team is not a playoff contender. Whatever good mojo we had early in the year is GONE. This team can't hang with the elite teams and don't impose their will on the inferior ones. I can't realistically say they will make the playoffs considering all of the teams in front of us.

Archived