Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Field Goal That Wasn't

Fan035

Right before the half, Suisham missed a 3-pointer. Wasn't there enough time on the clock to go for one more pass (and step out of bounds) to get Suisham closer? That field goal could have put the Skins within 3 and given them much needed momentum.

So instead you should play scared and attempt a FG you KNOW you're not going to make?

Sure hindsight is 20/20, but I knew Suisham wasn't going to make that in the rain, and was yelling for 6 more yards. Zorn tried to cover for himself in the PC by saying that he "had the distance". But you should NEVER miss a FG and leave 3 sec. on the clock. Just poor management.

Coach said the snap was high and the whole thing was messed up as a result. He couldn't get his feet planted right because he was already in motion while the holder had to slam the ball down.

I know Suisham isn't the best out there just yet but we have had an awful experience signing veteran kickers and we have run guys like David Akers out of town when they were in the same boat. By all means, bring some guys into camp but if they can't immediately out-perform Suisham, he's still our guy. Let's not forget how he nailed two 50-yarders in high wind at Giants Stadium last year. He has the tools.

With :09 seconds left I was sitting at the bar with a .50 rolling rock tipped up ready to down, and I was sure they would attempt one shot at the endzone before they attempted a FG, especially with how bad Suisham has been this season, so they don't and put it in Suisham's leg, and FAIL.

Why is Suisham still here? We got rid of Frost because they said he didn't perform and we kept Brooks. When Brooks didn't perform we got this guy Plackmeier which isn't much better. He already got one of his kicks blocked and a few near misses. Now Suisham is missing FG's and we aren't bringing in any other kicker to try out? Why is that? Suisham is 21 of 29 this year with 7 of the misses coming from 40+ yards. He is 6 of 11 from 40+ yards. That is terrible as a kicker. So again I ask, Why is Suisham still here?

So instead you should play scared and attempt a FG you KNOW you're not going to make?

Sure hindsight is 20/20, but I knew Suisham wasn't going to make that in the rain, and was yelling for 6 more yards. Zorn tried to cover for himself in the PC by saying that he "had the distance". But you should NEVER miss a FG and leave 3 sec. on the clock. Just poor management.

I think they should have taken a shot at the endzone, not try for 6 more yards. Take that shot to the endzone & if you don't get it, then you go for the FG, but this guy has gone from decent to sucks in a matter of 3 games. They need to start shopping for a new kicker NOW. Not at the end of the season when this guy has lost us several more games, but now. We need a new kicker, period.

There are actually teams in this League that there kickers can hit FGs from 50 yards+ regularly & our kicker needs to basically be right in front of the damn goal posts before he can actually kick a FG. When your offense can't get any closer to the endzone then the 30, leaving Suisham to have to kick a 47 yarder when he clearly can't even kick a 43 yarder? It's time to look for anther kicker.

Everybody but the long snapper played that sequence just right. With 13 seconds left they got 6 extra yards to get in position for a very makeable field goal. At that point it makes no sense to try for anything else - get the 3 points and get into the locker room. Then Ethan Albright unleashes a high snap that ****s up the timing, and Suisham pushes it right as a result.

Why is Suisham still here? We got rid of Frost because they said he didn't perform and we kept Brooks. When Brooks didn't perform we got this guy Plackmeier which isn't much better. He already got one of his kicks blocked and a few near misses. Now Suisham is missing FG's and we aren't bringing in any other kicker to try out? Why is that? Suisham is 21 of 29 this year with 7 of the misses coming from 40+ yards. He is 6 of 11 from 40+ yards. That is terrible as a kicker. So again I ask, Why is Suisham still here?

The miss at the end of the first half is on Ethan Albright.

Guest sith lord

It's always somebody else isn't it? Although the Giants kicker can still make a kick with the ball literaly laying on the ground.

Guest sith lord
Momentum is everything against teams like that. If we miss a FG, we blow everyones intensity. This is not the first time this happened. Last week we died out after Suisham's FG, but luckily our D was good enough to hold the game for us.

And what about last years playoff game against the Seahawks?

Maybe I'm missing something but...

DOES IT EVEN MATTER?

We lost by way more than three points, genius.

Well yes, we lost this game by alot more than three points. However, it could be argued there was a momentum factor here that was killed by the missed field goal. Regardless, the one kick didnt lose us this game.

Having said that...

It could be easily argued that he cost us the Dallas game. He missed that 46 yd. field goal by a mile which would have given us 13 points. At the end of the game and needing a TD to win, our offense stalled inside field goal range. Make the 46 yarder and the game is all kinds of different.

He needs to go.

It's always somebody else isn't it? Although the Giants kicker can still make a kick with the ball literaly laying on the ground.

Not always, but this time, yes. And there's a bit of a difference between a chip shot extra point and a 42 yard field goal.

yes suisham should have made it but we know we dont have the best kicker in the world and this is nothing new so we should have taken the extra 6 yards we got from betts reception and THEN with 9 second left you try for the endzone. then if that fails you attempt the 3 points. and if you miss you can atleast say you tried. Im tired of settling for 3 points when we know its not a given

How about the miss last week when the 43 yard fg attempt fell about 6 yards short? I mean, it's a 43 yarder & he boots it far enough to bounce just past the lettering in the endzone. That should happen on 53 yarders, not 43 yarders. Maybe todays was on the snapper, although I generally disagree with that. What about the rest that he's missed from short yardage? Unacceptable.

Archived