Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The one series that epitmozes why Campbell isn't there yet...

skinsfan93

Yea I mean from TV we could clearly tell what the coverage was down field and we know better than an NFL QB what should have been done in that situation.

Screw being 7-4, we should be 10-1 and be tied for first in the NFL!

This.

And he still lacks the balls to throw the ball down the field.

Maybe because someone is covered like white on rice? Or maybe he doesn't have time.

No, its because you say he doesn't.

If JC threw the ball:

if it got completed - JC bashers would disregard the play, and say that there was someone else open on the play when there most likely wasnt

if it was incomplete - JC bashers would say he is inaccurate

if it was an INT - JC bashers would say his decision skills suck

regardless, I say JC bashers are blind.

Dont call me a **** you ****. You lack the balls to act rationally I can see.

You lack the intelligence to know what you are talk. You give incorrect facts and statistics that is why I called you an ***** (there are five [5] letters). Until you have the facts to back up what you are saying don't talk to me. You are beneath me.

You lack the intelligence to know what you are talk. You give incorrect facts and statistics that is why I called you an ***** (there are five [5] letters). Until you have the facts to back up what you are saying don't talk to me. You are beneath me.

When you qoute someone douchebag... exect a reply. Only thing beneath you is your mom.

This.

Maybe because someone is covered like white on rice? Or maybe he doesn't have time.

No, its because you say he doesn't.

If JC threw the ball:

if it got completed - JC bashers would disregard the play, and say that there was someone else open on the play when there most likely wasnt

if it was incomplete - JC bashers would say he is inaccurate

if it was an INT - JC bashers would say his decision skills suck

regardless, I say JC bashers are blind.

I would rather see him throw the ball deep even if the receiver is covered for a couple of different reasons. 1. Give your receiver an opportunity to make a play, maybe he will surprise you. 2. There is always a good chance for a Pass Interference call (which is just as good as a catch). 3. It will force the safeties to stay back to cover the deep pass, which will open up more room for the run.

Do I want to see a Turnover? Of course not. However, sometimes an INT deep down the field is just as good as a punt. Besides, with the arm JC has (and the kid does have an arm) if he sees the receiver doesn't have a chance, just deliberately over throw him by ten yards. No INT, but still forces the defense to play the deep pass.

Skins' receivers aren't that big, with the exception of Kelly. Moss is always double-covered and the other guys don't get much separation. Seattle was playing prevent. Also, Farve got a touchdown on a screen to Thomas Jones yesterday...

Thanks for the Farve update.

"Intelligence"... says the guy who cant use proper grammar... or etiquette.

When in a battle of wits... remember to actually have some, before poking your prey with a stick.

did you mean to say expect? And all you have is your mom is so fat...jokes. :doh: :loser:

Never said your mom was fat. I guess Mr. Intelligence cant read either.

Anyways... back on topic.

JC made alot of great plays especially with his feet when the play broke down. The balanced attack of air and ground and good defense won that game. Case closed.

I think for every one person who agrees with you there will be one who would have said throwing the ball deep would have been stupid. So basically he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Exactly. JC is still progressing in a new offense yet again. People are expecting JC to be like QBs such as Peyton or Eli, but are forgetting that those guys have been in the same offense for more than a few seasons. I think that Zorn is a great tutor for JC and will inevitably help him become a great QB. Inevitable

Exactly. JC is still progressing in a new offense yet again. People are expecting JC to be like QBs such as Peyton or Eli, but are forgetting that those guys have been in the same offense for more than a few seasons. I think that Zorn is a great tutor for JC and will inevitably help him become a great QB. Inevitable

Can we stop with the excuses for Campbell? I mean I understand that he is in his 100th offensive system, blah, blah. It's the same thing that people did with Ramsey and blaming the oline, Spurrier, the weather, the stock market, etc.

Look at rookie quarterbacks like Flacco or Ryan. Hell, look at Matt Cassell. The guy didn't start a game in college or the pros until this year and he is progressing and getting better each week.

Campbell is a pro football player. I don't expect him to be Peyton but I do expect him to progress further than he has since game one of this year in this offense. While Campbell has had some shining moments in his career so far (I really want him to do well), he just hasn't been as consistent as needed to be a quarterback who can win the game.

Can we stop with the excuses for Campbell? I mean I understand that he is in his 100th offensive system, blah, blah. It's the same thing that people did with Ramsey and blaming the oline, Spurrier, the weather, the stock market, etc.

Look at rookie quarterbacks like Flacco or Ryan. Hell, look at Matt Cassell. The guy didn't start a game in college or the pros until this year and he is progressing and getting better each week.

Campbell is a pro football player. I don't expect him to be Peyton but I do expect him to progress further than he has since game one of this year in this offense. While Campbell has had some shining moments in his career so far (I really want him to do well), he just hasn't been as consistent as needed to be a quarterback who can win the game.

No excuses need to be made for Cambell. He is a good quarterback, and is developing into a great one. He is a big part of the unexpected success the Redskins have had this season. He is having a very solid year--not great, but solid enough to help us win seven football games.

Quarterbacks don't win games. Teams win games. A good quarterback needs blockers that block and receivers that get open to catch the balls that are thrown to them.

Teams that win consistently are teams who are good in all phases of the game, at every position, that are managed by knowledgeable and creative minds, that can make the most of what they have.

We'll know at the end of the season what kind of team the 2008 Washington Redskins were.

Man damn JC is playing better than expected for someone in a brand new offense once again. Can he get 2 or 3 years in the same offense like others? I mean I've never seen a guy get knocked so much. This guy has played in 3 or 4 offenses and is playing pretty good. I don't understand folk.

You use Flacco as an example. Yeah whe JC 1st started playing his #'s are on par with Flacco's. So you're telling me that Flacco would begin to flourish if B-more switches systems for the next 2 years? You tell me what QB goes through that and progresses? And if they do its the exception and not the rule. Damn man give the man a chance to fail. ?

im tired of these armchair qb's, glorified water boys and what not.. Whats with all the "if jc just did this or that he would have my respect" mess... we are 7-4.. JC is not the reason we lost 4 games.. We currently have a better chance for the playoffs than we have had at this time of the season in the past 5 years... Stop thinking too hard, focus on the ravens.. maybe tony Romo sits to pee will take you to a movie..

Forgive me, I know there are a million threads on JC and the offense being ineffective. I just want to get your opinion on what I think is the true problem about Campbell and what he needs to do to ultimately become a quarterback, who not just manages an offense, but can carry it.

Towards the end of the first half, the Skins get the ball back down 10-7 with about 21 seconds on our 32 yard line. Obviously Zorn isn't willing to just kneel on the ball hoping for a couple of plays that may give us a potential field goal.

So, first play JC throws a safe pass to Cooley across the middle for 13 yards and gets us to the 45 yard line (I'm fine with this play as it prevents a costly turnover). At this point, like many of us here know, if we can get about 20 yards, we may be able to try a long field goal (no guarantee of course).

Next play JC throws another short pass to Ladell that goes incomplete. Fine, we can take one more shot since there is 11 seconds left.

HERE'S THE PLAY that frustrates me about JC. On the next play, Campbell takes a 3 step drop and looks like he is going to throw it down the middle for a decent gain. Instead, he pulls it back, feels the pressure, scrambles and tries a dump off to Ladell that goes incomplete. WHY NOT FRICKIN' THROW IT?

Sure, maybe the ball gets picked but there is no time on the clock for Seattle to get into field goal position. Maybe it could get returned for a td. Highly doubtful. And keep in mind, Seattle's defense is terrible.

I don't know if it's a lack of confidence in himself, his receivers, or something else. Campbell just doesn't take many chances and his game management has a lot to desire. I'm sure like many of you, I get frustrated with the constant check downs by JC and dumping it off. But in this situation, he should have thrown it. I'm not looking for him to be Favre-like but I just have a hard time understanding why he doesn't take more chances.

What do you guys think?

-I here what your saying, your right, JC dosent take alot of chances. But in his defence the recivers have to get open, on that throw your talking about I dont remember what the coverage was down field, but maybe he wasnt open?? Zorn also is the play caller, but I do agree with you, we are alittle too conservitive.

Archived