Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The one series that epitmozes why Campbell isn't there yet...

skinsfan93

You use Flacco as an example. Yeah whe JC 1st started playing his #'s are on par with Flacco's. So you're telling me that Flacco would begin to flourish if B-more switches systems for the next 2 years? You tell me what QB goes through that and progresses? And if they do its the exception and not the rule. Damn man give the man a chance to fail. ?

I never get why people are so high up on Flacco. Hes playing well for a rookie no question. But what are people basing the "getting better week to week" on?

He will have 0 Tds one game, the a game with 2 TDs, then a game with multiple turnovers, then a game with multiple fumbles. Flacco had like a 3 game spurt with consistently good play then its back to being all over the board.

I just dont understand any comparison with Campbell and any young qbs not named Cutler and Rodgers. Those are guys with similar experience albeit those guys have been in the same system. But thats another thread in itself

i think alot of fans on here what campbell to be a brett farve, a gun slinger a risk taker, instead of being a guy that makes smart decsions, this team for years and years has been built around the run, we need campbell to convert when needed, and portis to bring home the bacon, people complain so much, but yet he was the one the helped sustain the last drive in seattle with a key 3rd down pass to moss, that basically sealed the game.

i want a smart QB, who takes calculated shots then a gunslinger which many on this forum want, and we do not need that, look at farves numbers he has many high accomplishments, and some dubios ones such as the career interception record.... give me a break.

You use Flacco as an example. Yeah whe JC 1st started playing his #'s are on par with Flacco's. So you're telling me that Flacco would begin to flourish if B-more switches systems for the next 2 years? You tell me what QB goes through that and progresses? And if they do its the exception and not the rule. Damn man give the man a chance to fail. ?

Right, let the main have success and fail too. That's all part of the game of football. But personally, I think JC is better than Flacco. We shall see in 2 weeks.

Has anybody here seen the coaches tape? There was never a replay of what was happening downfield, so how can any of you intelligently comment on what Campbell should have done?

BTW, I think Jason had a subpar game, as did most of the team. Too many drops, inaccurate passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, etc. However, he limited his mistakes and we were able to win on the road in a place we lost in the playoff a year earlier. I've seen the Skins lose waaaaay too many games like this in the last 15+ years to ***** and moan after we win.

It is silly to force throws that aren't there. He had lousy protection on that play. Also, Seattle and their defense is less than a year removed from waxing us in Seattle. I seem to remember Marcus Trufant having a really nice day returning interceptions against us last year. And if you think that turnovers at the end of a half aren't backbreaking, then I need only mention the Rams debacle earlier in the season.

Besides, did you really expect us to score points on that piddly little drive? If you did, then your expectations for the offense and for JC are unrealistic.

im tired of these armchair qb's, glorified water boys and what not.. Whats with all the "if jc just did this or that he would have my respect" mess... we are 7-4.. JC is not the reason we lost 4 games.. We currently have a better chance for the playoffs than we have had at this time of the season in the past 5 years... Stop thinking too hard, focus on the ravens.. maybe tony Romo sits to pee will take you to a movie..

I hear you and I agree... :cheers:

BUT... JC is not the reason we won 7 games either.

Has anybody here seen the coaches tape? There was never a replay of what was happening downfield, so how can any of you intelligently comment on what Campbell should have done?

BTW, I think Jason had a subpar game, as did most of the team. Too many drops, inaccurate passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, etc. However, he limited his mistakes and we were able to win on the road in a place we lost in the playoff a year earlier. I've seen the Skins lose waaaaay too many games like this in the last 15+ years to ***** and moan after we win.

I agree JC had a subpar game and I agree with the author of this thread that JC is not there yet. He is still learning. I get tired of the short passing game. We lost to Dallas doing the short passing plays. I hope JC improves but the jury is still out on whether he can take it to the next level. This year he has to get us beyond the first round of the playoffs. Tonight the Saints have scored so far 51 points against the Packers on Monday Night Football. Drew Brees is a better quarterback than JC. We could have acquired Brees from the Chargers but our General Manager was asleep. Look how the Jets are doing after getting Brett Favre. The quarterback position is one of the keys to having a good year, a bad year, or a mediocre year.

Forgive me, I know there are a million threads on JC and the offense being ineffective. I just want to get your opinion on what I think is the true problem about Campbell and what he needs to do to ultimately become a quarterback, who not just manages an offense, but can carry it.

Towards the end of the first half, the Skins get the ball back down 10-7 with about 21 seconds on our 32 yard line. Obviously Zorn isn't willing to just kneel on the ball hoping for a couple of plays that may give us a potential field goal.

So, first play JC throws a safe pass to Cooley across the middle for 13 yards and gets us to the 45 yard line (I'm fine with this play as it prevents a costly turnover). At this point, like many of us here know, if we can get about 20 yards, we may be able to try a long field goal (no guarantee of course).

Next play JC throws another short pass to Ladell that goes incomplete. Fine, we can take one more shot since there is 11 seconds left.

HERE'S THE PLAY that frustrates me about JC. On the next play, Campbell takes a 3 step drop and looks like he is going to throw it down the middle for a decent gain. Instead, he pulls it back, feels the pressure, scrambles and tries a dump off to Ladell that goes incomplete. WHY NOT FRICKIN' THROW IT?

Sure, maybe the ball gets picked but there is no time on the clock for Seattle to get into field goal position. Maybe it could get returned for a td. Highly doubtful. And keep in mind, Seattle's defense is terrible.

I don't know if it's a lack of confidence in himself, his receivers, or something else. Campbell just doesn't take many chances and his game management has a lot to desire. I'm sure like many of you, I get frustrated with the constant check downs by JC and dumping it off. But in this situation, he should have thrown it. I'm not looking for him to be Favre-like but I just have a hard time understanding why he doesn't take more chances.

What do you guys think?

So is there a chance that there can be "one" series that makes you change your mind to think that Campbell "is there."

Or would it take more?

Because by your rational a series of plays is enough for you to think he isn't there ... wondering if you can flip that.

I think the biggest thing is reading defense. That comes with time obviously. That is the main reason Warner has played so well these past 2 seasons. He reads the dfense as soon as the ball is snapped, and the based on the play calles, knows exactly where he wants to put the ball. That is something that JC will gain through experience of playing and a better understanding of our offense. I've been perfectly content with JCs play this season. Sometimes he doesn't see open receivers. Moss dropped potential big play balls these past 2 weeks. Other times JC didn't have time to get it to the open deep man. It's a mix of things but I think this is an offense that can be pretty good within 2 years. We just need new lines on both sides to compliment the rest of our team as it grows.

JC is not built like a "gunslinger" (ala Brett Favre...and dare i say it, Tony Romo sits to pee) but nonetheless he can manage a game to help us get the win. Did you see the run/pass balance? i thought it was well executed although i wish we could convert more in the red zone....that's the 1 thing that frustrates me about our offense.

Archived