Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The word "Thanksgiving" must be becoming politically incorrect.

Westbrook36

It is an insidious conspiracy between Butterball, the poultry-based media and the highest levels of government (most notably Barack Obama) to sell more turkey and put us all to sleep so they can legalize gay marriage and man-boy sex.

Thatwould p1ss off PETA and Obama wouldn't upset his peeps in the hood when he knows the majority in his church and black churches throughout the US aren't for gay marriage or the NAMBLA stuff?

I have no idea why but on billboards and newspaper articles, I am increasingly seeing Thansgiving referred to as "Turkey Day." Anyone have any idea why? I know we had to ****can "Merry Christmas" for "Happy Holidays". I'm sure this is just the next shoe to drop.

The only reason that people starting saying Happy Holidays is because of the religious connotations and the fact that many people celebrate other holidays around that same time.

Thanksgiving is not a religious holiday, and there aren't any other major holidays around that time.

I've thought about this one as well and can only think that the atheists don't have anyone to give thanks to so they refer to it by the customary main course. But if anyone is really that offended by Thanksgiving, wtf is their problem?

thanksgiving a religous holiday? don't hate on the atheists

I blame this on the turkey farmers of America

I've thought about this one as well and can only think that the atheists don't have anyone to give thanks to so they refer to it by the customary main course. But if anyone is really that offended by Thanksgiving, wtf is their problem?

No one is offended by it (except maybe American Indians). My dad has been calling it "Turkey Day" for years, and he's not at all what you might call, politically correct.

whoaaa back up! atheists don't care if you call it holidays or christmas or whatever. it is a FACT that most atheists (like me) celebrate christmas, albeit in a secular way. i don't know who these "enemies of christmas" are, or if they even exist, but don't blame us, we atheists couldn't care less.

and to pre-empt the ignorant, yes, absolutely, atheists can celebrate christmas without acknowledging jesus. you christians do realize you stole the date and traditions from a half-dozen pagan religions, right? i don't need to believe in the bible to get psyched about being nice to people and giving gifts. :cheers:

The focus of the holiday has been shifting to eating an enormous quantity of food (specifically turkey), rather than a celebration of giving Thanks to whomever you are thankful to, and for whatever you have to be thankful for.

Far from being PC, it would appear that this is more marketing and colloquialism in play. 2 syllables versus 3, and a direct request for a particular food all rolled into something many can belch out.

:laugh:

While Thanksgiving isn't a Holy Day we are commanded by G*D to observe, the whole idea behind it is too Give Thanks to G*D for the harvest. I guess you all see it differently but the less religious/ atheists I know are more likely to call it turkey day while the more religious and devout people I know call it Thanksgiving.

While Thanksgiving isn't a Holy Day we are commanded by G*D to observe, the whole idea behind it is too Give Thanks to G*D for the harvest. I guess you all see it differently but the less religious/ atheists I know are more likely to call it turkey day while the more religious and devout people I know call it Thanksgiving.

I just call it Thursday.

It is an insidious conspiracy between Butterball, the poultry-based media and the highest levels of government (most notably Barack Obama) to sell more turkey and put us all to sleep so they can legalize gay marriage and man-boy sex.

I googled Butterball, they seem like an innocent company.

Then I googled headexplode.

I think you are trying to hide something..... what are you trying to hide....?

:paranoid:

This is another one of those times when I can't tell whether or not WB36 is joking.

People want tradition. Yay, we gotta have our tradition! I mean, in the beginning, it was never a ****ing turkey. It was venison. So why are we ****ting up a perfectly good holiday by adding Turkey to the mix when it was never turkey.

Then again, Thanksgiving also started out with the raping of 12 year old Native American girls so maybe it is time to let some traditions go.

People want tradition. Yay, we gotta have our tradition! I mean, in the beginning, it was never a ****ing turkey. It was venison. So why are we ****ting up a perfectly good holiday by adding Turkey to the mix when it was never turkey.

Then again, Thanksgiving also started out with the raping of 12 year old Native American girls so maybe it is time to let some traditions go.

Abraham Lincoln raped 12 year old girls?

whoaaa back up! atheists don't care if you call it holidays or christmas or whatever. it is a FACT that most atheists (like me) celebrate christmas, albeit in a secular way. i don't know who these "enemies of christmas" are, or if they even exist, but don't blame us, we atheists couldn't care less.

and to pre-empt the ignorant, yes, absolutely, atheists can celebrate christmas without acknowledging jesus. you christians do realize you stole the date and traditions from a half-dozen pagan religions, right? i don't need to believe in the bible to get psyched about being nice to people and giving gifts. :cheers:

It's not the athiest who are trying to steal Christmas and Thanksgiving...it's the ACLU.:silly:

Archived