What kind of bacon do you like?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of bacon do you like?

• Plain and lightly cooked
    • Plain and crispy
    • Flavored, lightly cooked
    • Flavored and crispy

:applause:

Studies show most couples should go to counseling regardless of "how good" things are in the marriage.

No one should have gone so deep to "label" or "judge" you based off a small "snap shot" or anicdote that you decided to share. Its no ones places here. Obviously your wife and counselor didn't seem to mind and I'm sure your kid is neither scared, injured, or his ears are bleeding. Some people act like their **** doesn't stink.

You hit the nail on the head with the word "Anecdote." It was supposed to be a light-hearted story in a time of trouble and people in here take things way too seriously and act all high and mighty.

I also see a bunch of perfect parents in here. Congratulations. By the way I see things in the news about children and teenagers, looks like this generation of parents is doing a hellava job. :rolleyes: Man I can't wait to be as perfect a parent like they are.

Controlling? Perhaps. But I'll be damned if my kid is going to grow up to be a pathetic classless Giants fan.

HTTR!

:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck

Good for you. When I was married, my now ex-wife & I used to joke that if we had kids & any of them grew up to be Cowboys fans, we'd have to kill them & start over.

No, seriously.

Iit's not that serious...it's a t-shirt on a 2 year old. He's not going to remember. I was about to ask why you were in counseling, but I drew my own conclusions from your rant.

That's amazing. You were able to judge a person solely on 1 post? Tell me, Miss Cleo, am I ever going to be rich?

:rolleyes: Way to live up to the classiness of your name.

That's amazing. You were able to judge a person solely on 1 post? Tell me, Miss Cleo, am I ever going to be rich?

:rolleyes: Way to live up to the classiness of your name.

It's not hard to judge someone based off of them doing something stupid. I also see you tried to make a "funny" by making an assumption of my character based off of my screen name. Good try. This internet stuff is serious businezz (I used two Z's just like you....)

It's a good sign for your marriage that your wife realized her mistake, fessed up to the oversight, and agreed he shouldn't wear the shirt again! Seriously, make sure you point that out to her and thank her for it.

I'm with you, by the way. My husband is a Giant fan, but not very devoted to the team. Before having kids, we discussed certain things about how we'd raise kids -- and it was on the list that they'll be raised with the Redskins not the Giants!

Good luck with the marriage counseling. I hope it works out.

That's a fantastic story. You gotta set the rules about what the kid wears. My wife is a Steelers fan and she always tells me she's going to buy a Steelers shirt for our son. I tell her that it it would be a waste of money because he's a Skins fan and I would burn the shirt if I had to.

That's a fantastic story. You gotta set the rules about what the kid wears. My wife is a Steelers fan and she always tells me she's going to buy a Steelers shirt for our son. I tell her that it it would be a waste of money because he's a Skins fan and I would burn the shirt if I had to.

My girlfriend and I have already reached an agreement. If we end up getting married and having kids, they are (grudgingly) allowed to be Red Sox fans. However, there will be NO Patriots football fandom for my kids. Redskins fans from birth.

It's a good sign for your marriage that your wife realized her mistake, fessed up to the oversight, and agreed he shouldn't wear the shirt again! Seriously, make sure you point that out to her and thank her for it.

I'm with you, by the way. My husband is a Giant fan, but not very devoted to the team. Before having kids, we discussed certain things about how we'd raise kids -- and it was on the list that they'll be raised with the Redskins not the Giants!

Good luck with the marriage counseling. I hope it works out.

Thanks very much. I'm glad you worked that out in advance with your husband. The good thing about "not that devoted" fans of other teams is that sometimes they can be converted into Skins fans.

yeah im definitely an eagle fan....

:doh:

Your signature is misleading then. Besides, your inarticulate, unfriendly and immature response says it all. To quote Denis Leary: "You're 20 years old, you don't know **** about ****... now pull up your pants!"

Call me back when you got a wife, a kid and a mortgage.

The good thing about "not that devoted" fans of other teams is that sometimes they can be converted into Skins fans.

I don't think he's ever going to root for the Redskins, but at least he doesn't root against them anymore. Of course, that could have to do with how bad of a mood I'm in after a loss. :rolleyes: He was annoyed w/ me this past weekend when the Giant game was on TV here, and he noticed I was rooting against the Giants. He said that he pulls for the Redskins for me, so why can't I root for the Giants when they aren't playing the Redskins? I reminded him that the Giants losing might help the Redskins in the standings by the end of the season, so no way I could pull for them.

I agreed to take down the Redskin flag hanging in front of our house the weekend of the Giant game. Nobody flame me for that; compromise is good for a marriage, and I can't expect my Giant fan husband to have a Redskin flag in front of his house on the day the Giants play the Redskins. However, he knows the kids and I will be (playfully) hitting him w/ pillows and soft footballs throughout the game. He also knows our two children and I will be dressed head to toe in Redskin gear. Nothing like being an outsider in your own home! :D

:gaintsuck

Archived