Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Good Combat Shooters out there for the PS2

RedskinNutt

Saw and ad for Call of Duty 5 recently and was suddenly re-interested in combat shooters.

I don't turn on the PS2 often nowadays (life+ moving + 5 month old= not a lot of "me" time), but was thinking of getting a first person combat shooter. Any good ones out there? Not interested in online gaming, the idiotic walk-in-a-straight-line AI enemies are fine with me.

Last one I bought was Ghost Recon, which I thought was pretty decent, kept my attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard about Red Faction--isn't that a more "futuristic" type game . Played the first couple of Medal of Honors, real fun. I like more of the WWII shooters, so maybe I'll shop the bargain bins for some recent MOH or grab a Call of Duty.

Thanks for all the info. I would love to grab a next gen, but in between house hunting and taking care of a 6 month old, I barely have time for the basic things, much less invest in a Next Gen console to only have it sit in a box for months on end- not money well spent. I'd rather hold onto to the PS2 for a bit, then maybe move to computer gaming.

If the OP has an HD tv, I'd go with the ps3, and I have a 360. Which I actually like but I'd also like to play blu ray as well.

But like the OP also said, he doesn't have a lot of time so maybe he will be fine with his ps2. If that is the case Black is a solid shooter although a little short, Resident Evil 4 is a great game and Mercenaries got good reviews.

Archived