Extremeskins

JLC: Arrington on Gibbs, Part II

corrupt3d

How bad is Chelsea Lately?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How bad is Chelsea Lately?

• Worst talk show ever, worse than The Magic Hour
    • Worst show of ANY kind ever, worst than Britney & Kevin: Chaotic

What I will take from this is that Arrington can continue to kiss my ass. You know, the more he opens his trap, the more I am glad he was forced into early retirement. The only good thing about Arrington is that because of him and his stupid jersey, I have perfected my 200 yd. golf drive and can hit his stupid jersey scarecrow target at will. Which reminds me, I will go home this Thanksgiving and hit a few golf balls while thinking of his stupid butt. Go bye, bye Mr. Arrington and please :stfu:
Hahahaha :applause:

Regardless JG's in my opinion restored a level of respectability to Skins organization. No he was not as successful his last go around, but he did build a quality team, and we were no longer simply overlooked.

On Arrington, I always enjoyed him as a player when he was at the "top" of his game BUT he was not really a "team" player and often on this site we spoke about his "roaming tendencies" and being out of position. His issues had to be more with his defensive coordinator then with JG's. I think he is just blaming Gibb's for listening to his Head Coach on the D and the decision to minimizing his play because he was not playing with the "team" schemes. Plus he had nagging injuries towards the end of his career and never got back into top form...so I think he is simply bitter and blaming Joe..scapegoating. Classic.

The Giants didn't absorb this because of all the Potential they saw:

Arrington, 28, spent six seasons with the Redskins, including three that ended with a Pro Bowl appearance. The second choice of the 2000 draft, he came to the Giants in 2006 with sore knees but rediscovered his bounce after a tepid start. He ruptured an Achilles' tendon in the sixth game.

The Giants will save on the $900,000 Arrington was due in base salary in 2006. But in computing the salary cap, the Giants will absorb the prorated portion of the $5.25 million signing bonus they paid Arrington last April, when he was signed as a free agent. With six years left on his contract, that could cost the Giants roughly $4.5 million toward the cap.

To blame the Redskins org for being the Captain Obvious or Nostradamus is lame.

Say what you will, but Joe Gibbs was right!

"Something tells me there will be a THIRD part of this saga... perhaps Coach Joe telling us that LaVar never "played his guts out."

LMAO at this comment.

Perhaps Holy Joe should explain how Holdman, a cheese cloth linebacker continued to start over a healthy LaVar Arrington. This was a move purely founded in politics, and not in the best interest of the team. After being out of football for 2 years, Arrington could still suit up and outperfrom Holdman in his prime. Most of you can not face the fact that your bible-thumping messiah could ever be politically motivated. Was Holdman ever a better linebacker than Arrington? Gibbs should man up and address LaVar's comments. Gibbs did quit; only Joe knows the real reason.

Perhaps Holy Joe should explain how Holdman, a cheese cloth linebacker continued to start over a healthy LaVar Arrington. This was a move purely founded in politics, and not in the best interest of the team. After being out of football for 2 years, Arrington could still suit up and outperfrom Holdman in his prime. Most of you can not face the fact that your bible-thumping messiah could ever be politically motivated. Was Holdman ever a better linebacker than Arrington? Gibbs should man up and address LaVar's comments. Gibbs did quit; only Joe knows the real reason.

Arrington admitted he didn't know Williams playbook all that well when he left for NY. I think I remember him saying something like: "I may not know this book but I am sure some new coaches of mine will be able to understand it." What do you mean by politically motivated??

Arrington could still suit up and outperfrom Holdman in his prime. Most of you can not face the fact that your bible-thumping messiah could ever be politically motivated. Was Holdman ever a better linebacker than Arrington?

If you are comparing them athletically, no question....Arrington was far superior.

That doesn't necessarily mean success. Especially if the play comes toward the WLB's spot and he's on the other side of the field, out of position, because he thought he knew better than the guy who gameplans the defense.

:2cents:

Arrington admitted he didn't know Williams playbook all that well when he left for NY. I think I remember him saying something like: "I may not know this book but I am sure some new coaches of mine will be able to understand it." What do you mean by politically motivated??

a: political affairs or business ; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government) b: political life especially as a principal activity or profession c: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices

Have you ever studied for an exam that you would never have the opportunity to take? Futhermore, Arrington's comment was "tongue-in-cheek"; this was Williams' explanation for Lavar's lack of playing time.

If you are comparing them athletically, no question....Arrington was far superior.

That doesn't necessarily mean success. Especially if the play comes toward the WLB's spot and he's on the other side of the field, out of position, because he thought he knew better than the guy who gameplans the defense.

:2cents:

Holdman was a joke and his play served to embarrass the coaching staff for their decision to play him rather than Arrington. Is not the coaching staff accountable for gleaning the greatest value from the players? Any mediocre coaching staff that had the best interest of the team in mind could have placed Arrington in a positition for success.

Any mediocre coaching staff that had the best interest of the team in mind could have placed Arrington in a positition for success.

The point you're missing here is that it didn't matter where the coaching staff placed Arrington.

Coach: "Lavar, covering the flat is your responsibility."

The voice in Lavar's head: "Screw that. I'm rushing the passer."

When the coaching staff doesn't trust you to be where you're supposed to be, how in the hell do you coach that?

The point you're missing here is that it didn't matter where the coaching staff placed Arrington.

Coach: "Lavar, covering the flat is your responsibility."

The voice in Lavar's head: "Screw that. I'm rushing the passer."

When the coaching staff doesn't trust you to be where you're supposed to be, how in the hell do you coach that?

Let's deal in data and not hypotheses. Please review the data below and edit your coaching hypothesis accordingly:

LaVar RaShad Arrington (born June 20, 1978 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a former American football linebacker of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins second overall in the 2000 NFL Draft. He played college football at Penn State.

A two-time All-American at Penn State, Arrington played six seasons for the Redskins and one season for the New York Giants. He was a three-time Pro Bowl selection and three-time All-Pro for the Redskins.

As shown, pre-Gibbs there were several coaching staffs that enabled Arrington's success.

Let's deal in data and not hypotheses. Please review the data below and edit your coaching hypothesis accordingly:

LaVar RaShad Arrington (born June 20, 1978 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a former American football linebacker of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins second overall in the 2000 NFL Draft. He played college football at Penn State.

A two-time All-American at Penn State, Arrington played six seasons for the Redskins and one season for the New York Giants. He was a three-time Pro Bowl selection and three-time All-Pro for the Redskins.

As shown, pre-Gibbs there were several coaching staffs that enabled Arrington's success.

You forgot to mention that Pre- Gibbs, outside of 1999, they were all losing teams too.

It's awfully funny to me that when an actual staff demands responsibility out of Lavar, he immediately throws the "victim" card out on the table with the whole "they don't know how to use me right" diatribe right behind it.

Call me when Lavar takes some responsibility for his actions....for it will be a first.

Here is something to look at....After Arrington was cut by the Giants why wasn't he picked up by anyone else?? True being injury prone must have weighed in the minds of GM's and coaching staffs but there have been players to come back from knee injuries and still have an impact. Deuce McAllister comes to mind just off the top of my head.

He said nothing about the team, just his teammates. He also said nothing about Joe Gibbs.

Checking that I'm understanding you right, you're saying that he specifically stated that he loves his former Redskin teammates? I thought he didn't mention anyone by name (other than Sean, of course); that is, he didn't mention Gibbs or any other Redskin besides Sean. As I said in my other post, my memory might be off, so if you know, please clarify it.

I don't care what anyone says about his eulogy. It seemed forced and fake, and I never, ever heard of him talking about ANYTHING having to do with Sean while he was here except for putting a shaving cream pie in his face.

Guardian angel?

Whatever.

I hate Arrington, what a waste of a pick.

EDIT: And no, I don't know him. I just felt that it was so random to have him there at his funeral. Out of all the people speaking, why Arrington? What about Ryan Clark? He seemed much more fitting. It seemed like a stunt to me. But, again, I don't know.

Archived