Extremeskins

JLC: Arrington on Gibbs, Part II

corrupt3d

How bad is Chelsea Lately?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How bad is Chelsea Lately?

• Worst talk show ever, worse than The Magic Hour
    • Worst show of ANY kind ever, worst than Britney & Kevin: Chaotic

Seems like he just really doesn't like Joe Gibbs. I wonder if a book will ever come out detailing what actually happened. Maybe it'll be like the book about Michael Jordan revealing he kept calling Kwame Brown a "faggot", though I can't picture Gibbs doing that, haha.

ridiculous... i just think he wanted more attention.... what happened to the lavar i heard at the funeral?

LaVar is a (what was it Davis called Westbrook?)! What he said at the funeral was clearly just an attempt to get back in with the Skins...and since that didn't work now he is letting his true colors show. He's a disgrace of a human being and a waste of oxygen.

What I will take from this is that Arrington can continue to kiss my ass. You know, the more he opens his trap, the more I am glad he was forced into early retirement. The only good thing about Arrington is that because of him and his stupid jersey, I have perfected my 200 yd. golf drive and can hit his stupid jersey scarecrow target at will. Which reminds me, I will go home this Thanksgiving and hit a few golf balls while thinking of his stupid butt. Go bye, bye Mr. Arrington and please :stfu:

IS LA still a member of the COMCAST TV crew???

Wasn't his agent punished by the NFL ??

Remember him doing that nasty interview before(I think) a playoff game ??

I don't mind him complaining...As long as I don't have to watch him on Redskins shows.

How much did he pocket over his career...How many years did we get what we paid for ???

Oh yeah..I hate JLC also.

LaVar is a (what was it Davis called Westbrook?)! What he said at the funeral was clearly just an attempt to get back in with the Skins...and since that didn't work now he is letting his true colors show. He's a disgrace of a human being and a waste of oxygen.

He didn't mention Joe Gibbs in his eulogy did he? Also, I'm sure he made an emotional speech at a friend's funeral just to impress some people.:rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, your comment is a disgrace. That's incredibly shallow of you.

The only good thing about Arrington is that because of him and his stupid jersey, I have perfected my 200 yd. golf drive and can hit his stupid jersey scarecrow target at will.

Wow, that's impressive.

cop out ... clearly he is still bitter. he is acting like a child. I'm just glad I don't have to waste my time pretending he really cares about this team. He cares about himself, that's it.

Bye Lavar, thanks for putting your foot in your mouth and showing your true colors again, I needed that reminder. You can call yourself fans/friends with any players you want, on the redskins or any other team ... but if you get up and proclaim yourself a "redskins" fan again in public, I will have a problem with that.

I have been a Redskins fan since birth, most of us around here have ... and for a person of your character, to try and claim fandom of this team, only to allow you to still live and work in this community ... well that's called being a "bandwagon'er" or a "jock-sniffer."

Go make money off of Penn St., oh wait, you ****ed that up too. Karma is a t work here, plain as day. You reap what you sow, you dug your won grave and you keep digging it deeper every time you open your mouth. Lie in it, or move back to PA, maybe you can make money off your old HS team, I'm sure they could use another bake sale.

He didn't mention Joe Gibbs in his eulogy did he? Also, I'm sure he made an emotional speech at a friend's funeral just to impress some people.:rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, your comment is a disgrace. That's incredibly shallow of you.

Thank You.

He was there for Sean Taylor and wanted to make amends with some of his former teammates. Not once did he mention Joe Gibbs or Dan Snyder. So I don't see any hypocrisy between what LaVar said at the funeral and what he's saying now.

As for what he is saying about Joe Gibbs, I really don't care. I loved LaVar as a player and now he's free to say whatever he wants. I loved Gibbs 1.0, Gibbs 2.0 not so much. So I don't feel defensive about criticism of him like others seem to.

Clearly LaVar does still have an ax to grind and he needs to realize that if he wants to be taken seriously as an analyst, he needs to put that stuff aside. Otherwise he'll be taken with a grain of salt and his analysis won't be taken seriously. He needs to follow the Doc Walker or Joe Theismann (Joey T was bitter at one time about Gibbs not visiting him in the hospital after the injury and also was not happy about not being given an opportunity to get his job back in 86 after the leg break) model as a former Redskins and not turn into another bitter has been like Brian Mitchell and John Riggins.

Thank You.

He was there for Sean Taylor and wanted to make amends with some of his former teammates. Not once did he mention Joe Gibbs or Dan Snyder. So I don't see any hypocrisy between what LaVar said at the funeral and what he's saying now.

As for what he is saying about Joe Gibbs, I really don't care. I loved LaVar as a player and now he's free to say whatever he wants. I loved Gibbs 1.0, Gibbs 2.0 not so much. So I don't feel defensive about criticism of him like others seem to.

Clearly LaVar does still have an ax to grind and he needs to realize that if he wants to be taken seriously as an analyst, he needs to put that stuff aside. Otherwise he'll be taken with a grain of salt and his analysis won't be taken seriously. He needs to follow the Doc Walker or Joe Theismann (Joey T was bitter at one time about Gibbs not visiting him in the hospital after the injury and also was not happy about not being given an opportunity to get his job back in 86 after the leg break) model as a former Redskins and not turn into another bitter has been like Brian Mitchell and John Riggins.

Why is John Riggins bitter? I never got that impression, especially since he spends all his time talking about the Redskins.

This Joe Gibbs is god nonsense is very tiring. I know it may come as a shock to some of you but it is possible for Gibbs to make mistakes. Want proof? Gibbs 2.0 has a below .500 record and he kept starting Boonell who couldn't throw a ball that travels more then 10yds in the air because of physical limitations.

This quote in the interview says it all:

Interviewer: Do you not like him, Joe Gibbs?

LA: Well (hesitates, choosing words), there are so many interesting issues that are tied into that. I didn't like the way that things were handled. I had a contract situation that carried over into his regime coming in . . . .

Nothing LA says about Gibbs has any value b/c he's so bitter against the man. I don't care if he calls him a coward or whatever he says.

ridiculous... i just think he wanted more attention.... what happened to the lavar i heard at the funeral?

You nailed it perfectly. I thought he moved on from the animosity and loved this team again? I guess it was a temporary feeling being caught up in the emotions of ST's passing (RIP ST). Edited to add: I read the rest of the thread now. Good point that his comments at the funeral were directed to his teammates and not the Redskin organization as a whole. Nonetheless, show some professionalism and don't comment negatively in the media about your former coach.

This Joe Gibbs is god nonsense is very tiring. I know it may come as a shock to some of you but it is possible for Gibbs to make mistakes. Want proof? Gibbs 2.0 has a below .500 record and he kept starting Boonell who couldn't throw a ball that travels more then 10yds in the air because of physical limitations.

First off, no one's saying Joe Gibbs is infallible. Second, Mark Brunell wasn't the worst thing to happen to this franchise like some people want to think.

People are just upset that Arrington seems to want attention when criticizing one of the Redskins most legendary figures. If he wants to be on Comcast giving his opinion like he's some heralded former Redskin, he needs to stop being a baby about things.

You nailed it perfectly. I thought he moved on from the animosity and loved this team again? I guess it was a temporary feeling being caught up in the emotions of ST's passing (RIP ST).

I guess you never saw his speech?

I guess you never saw his speech?

I've seen it many times. Why do you say that? He said in his speech that he wanted to take this chance to tell "you guys" that I love you. I think he used the phrase "you guys." Reflecting more now, he probably meant his teammates and not the Redskin organization as a whole, but I don't think he ever specified it. Emotionally I can't deal with pulling up my recording of the funeral and watching it now, so I'm not going to rewatch it and find out exactly what he said. If anyone else wants to clarify, go ahead.

I've seen it many times. Why do you say that? He said in his speech that he wanted to take this chance to tell "you guys" that I love you. I think he used the phrase "you guys." Reflecting more now, he probably meant his teammates and not the Redskin organization as a whole, but I don't think he ever specified it. Emotionally I can't deal with pulling up my recording of the funeral and watching it now, so I'm not going to rewatch it and find out exactly what he said. If anyone else wants to clarify, go ahead.

He said nothing about the team, just his teammates. He also said nothing about Joe Gibbs.

I think this is just a very sad situation. Certainly, Lavar and his issues, contract-wise and on the field, were not handled well by the series of coaches and FO people. I'm also sad about Patrick Ramsay who loved the fans and was a good guy, but got caught up in issues beyond himself. Perhaps both men would never had been very good players, but we really can't say.

We weren't a very good team and now we are again. I think Coach Gibbs has a lot to do with it probably because he helped with the maturing of an owner who really does want to win.

I just have an urge to tell Lavar I'm sorry about all that happened and now move on and live a happy life. Living in the past rarely contributes to a happy life.

As time goes bye it seems obvious that Lavar just was not one of Gibb's character guys. I loved Lavar, but I now just look at what he says with a wtf face on.

Early in his career I saw him on G4 at a Madden event. When they asked how good he was, he basically said he did not play. When they responded as to why he was there, he rubbed his fingers together and said something about a nice check. That was when I really liked him and even I was like ewww.

Still has to be the dumbest man alive for giving back the Redskins money.

Since Snyder took over, has there been anyone who has moved to another team, got out of football, and has said anything nice about the Redskins?

B-Mitch: everyone knows what he said

Lavar: enough said

Deion: said he liked Snyder's money, that's about it

Mind you I'm only talking about people who have retired. We all know about the Pierces, etc....

Archived