Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manning's Pass to Wayne (Redskins Related)

jrfriedm

Manning, possibly the greatest QB of our era, is 9 for 23 so far against the Steelers. There's the one pass to Wayne and a short td drive off a stupid Roethlisberger INT. Polamalu dropped one right in his lap. We need to lighten up on JC.

You mean jrfriedm needs to lighten up.

Watch the game tape.

Just watched a half of two games (shortcuts). Stop watch in hand. Not one play reached five seconds without scrambling.

People also need to remember that this poor O-Line is opening up holes for the second leading rusher in the league. Obviously, they are doing their job.

There is a big difference between run and pass blocking. Trust me on this. I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker fan. :)

With whom? Santana Moss is double-covered.

I agree with the OP 100%

With whom you ask? With everyone Moss, Devin Thomas, ARE, Cooley, Davis

Imagine we have- 1st and short or 2nd and short

We should send at least 3 receivers deep on the same play and give Jason fielders choice.

This is the kind of play i'm talking about:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80aba550

:cheers:

I have a feeling that the guy that's going to make this offense click next season (if not this season) is a wide receiver by the name of Malcom Kelly. Not because he's the best receiver on the team, but he can be a deep threat, freeing up Cooley and ARE a bit more and loosening double teams on Moss. Thomas, when he learns his routes, will become a formidable receiver inside as well if we have two guys that can spread the field.

Now, if he can't get healthy, that hurts us. Thomas is a guy who has some speed, but honestly I view him as more of a possession receiver.

It was a fluke play. You want to pass deep for fluke plays?

1) That should have been INT'd

2) They have Gonzalez and Harrison taking attention away from Wayne

You do not throw deep, just to throw deep. 3rd and long? Sure, why not as long as the team is prepared for an INT. Otherwise play smart football.

you throw deep to get the safeties back just like the colts are doing. the steelers are a great d and are physical but we should of tried to go deep just to open up portis and our quick slants. we just looked like sh*t against them because a bad gameplan that includes our play calling and our protection packages

Moss is the only one who scares anyone deep on our team, but Randel El is pretty fast too. He's more quick than fast, but just look at last year's opener against Miami. He caught 3 deep balls (none for scores, and one of them was a tipped hail mary).

And Thomas is supposedly pretty good at the deep ball.

We need to change up the plays we are so perdictable. RUN RUN PASS. Maybe PASS RUN PASS. PASS PASS RUN. Maybe if we stuck to something that works.

yeah, ummm not quite sure thats how the game works.... i think the offense is dicatated by personnel and whats succesful. We're a running team, just have to face it. This means we're going to run even if we dont pick up chunks of yards. Theoretically, with the running game working, it should open up the passing game to stretch the field. Now this basic theory becomes pointless if you cant pass protect... sorry jansen

];5798995']Moss is the only one who scares anyone deep on our team' date=' but Randel El is pretty fast too. He's more quick than fast, but just look at last year's opener against Miami. He caught 3 deep balls (none for scores, and one of them was a tipped hail mary).

And Thomas is supposedly pretty good at the deep ball.[/quote']

I dont know, Thomas doesn't seem that fast. He never seems to get seperation. Everyone praises him as the amazong athlete who is big and tall and can run a 4.3 40... not seeing it. He looks slow, and some of these routes aren't hard to run... i'll reserve my judgement for now, but he's not impressing me at all

Hey i am not saying the run doesn't work. Portis is the top rusher in the league. but when you run into a hole that isn't there i think you have to think about other options, not running another 2 time and sitting in the same position you were in. and still sitting two scores down. all I ask is that JC go for a long one on the first play so they are expecting the run.

Hey i am not saying the run doesn't work. Portis is the top rusher in the league. but when you run into a hole that isn't there i think you have to think about other options, not running another 2 time and sitting in the same position you were in. and still sitting two scores down. all I ask is that JC go for a long one on the first play so they are expecting the run.

again, as much as it pains me to say it, that isnt the redskins identity. We're a dull, rather effective running team... that doesn't have the ability to throw deep... i see us similar to the vikings offense last year: great running game, not so great passing game. Though i believe we have a much better qb..

I just get so pissed watching the game sometimes. (of course when they lose). JC can get down field just fine. He has a great arm he just doesn't go for it. I guess that is why i am not the coach of course. We have all the chances in the world to score first or early and just don't do it. We are to conservative sometimes. GO FOR IT ALL READY.

If its 4th and inches or even 1 or 2 go for it.

Umm...both balls were tipped by Taylor, we don't have a 6'0 receiver that can actually run good routes, and we don't have Peyton Manning. I agree we should take shots but not every f'in play like everyone seems to think we should do. Zorn is calling good plays, save last week IMO, it's just the execution, pass protection, and penalties that are killing the Skins. :2cents:

that doesn't have the ability to throw deep... i see us similar to the vikings offense last year: great running game, not so great passing game.

We might not throw deep often. But, we certainly have the ability to throw deep.

IMO the main reason we don't throw deep often is because Zorn wants to sustain drives. Short high percentages completions are more conducive to sustaining drives then throwing deep. Zorn doesn't want to 'waste' a down. I think if we had more throw away downs like: 1st and 5 or 2nd and 5 he would throw deep more often.

:cheers:

Archived