Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC North Winner or Arizona likely playoff opponent

FunBunch7

With the Giants out to a 7-1 record plus the first head to head win over us, it is going to be a tough haul for us to win the division. Although this is indeed possible the more likely scenario is that we are a wild card.

I figure the Giants and probalby Carolina will be the top 2 seeds with a bye week. That leaves who ever wins the North...Chicago 5-3, Green Bay 4-4 or Minnesota 4-4 and the Cardinals who will win the West as the 2 teams that will host the 2 wild cards.

It's a really tough call who will win the North and since those teams are all evenly matched I believe the North winner will be the #4 seed. Arizona would have a tougher time playing in the PAC 10 than playing Seattle twice, SF and St Louis...plus they have 5 games left at home.

I do believe that Arizona is a much better team than any of the North teams and even though we have beat them once it would be much more difficult to win in Arizona...so if we can be the TOP wild card team, ie, the #5 seed, I think we will have an easier time beating GB, Chi or Min in the 1st round.

But I will still root for us to play the Cardinals since I am in Arizona and only about 15 minutes from the stadium!

#1 NY Giants 13-3

#2 Carolina 12-4

#3 Arizona 11-5

#4 Chi, GB or Min 9-7

#5 Washington 11-5

#6 Philly or TB 10-6

If it does play out this way, will we host the wild card game if we have the better W/L record? Or will it be another away game because we had an "easier" schedule than the other wild card team?

I ask this question with the possibility that the final records turn out JUST as you listed.

Thanks, Hail

If it does play out this way, will we host the wild card game if we have the better W/L record? Or will it be another away game because we had an "easier" schedule than the other wild card team?

I ask this question with the possibility that the final records turn out JUST as you listed.

Thanks, Hail

Division winners get the home games. Regardless of records.

Personally, playing in Chicago or GB would be very difficult in the playoffs. But if I had to choose one, I choose Chicago based on how they are playing right now. There defense is suspect and Orton is playing well, but I am not ready to be scared of him. With more games played the way he is playing now, maybe, but just not yet.

I don't think its a tough haul to win this division at all! If we win against the Giants and Cowboys and say we lose to the Eagles but win 3 of our 4 away games against teams we should beat, we are 11-5 with a 4-2 record in the NFC East. The Giants have the toughest remaining schedule and will prob finish around the same record and even so might not be as good as 4-2 in th NFCE. So I don't think its that bad. We've got a good schedule. I don't think it would be far fetched to win out.

Like i said in another thread, we can still win the division with the "toughest" part of our schedule out of the way. The NYG schedule ranks number 1 in the NFL in terms of difficulty for the remaining schedule (saw the breakdown during the Dallas/Giants game) and they will let a few of their remaining games slip away. We just have to do our part and keep winning. Evrybdy seems to be crowning the Giants as NFCE Champs already and there's still alot of football to be played. I dont wanna seem too optimistic but in reality, the division title is still up for grabs and it has to come through FedEx which is the best thing about it.

If we somehow get to 11-5 I would jump for joy.

No way that happens, leave out the fact that we haven't played a good game in about a month, and it would leave even a very good team one heck of a task to go 5-2 down the stretch.

With the Giants out to a 7-1 record plus the first head to head win over us, it is going to be a tough haul for us to win the division. Although this is indeed possible the more likely scenario is that we are a wild card.

I figure the Giants and probalby Carolina will be the top 2 seeds with a bye week. That leaves who ever wins the North...Chicago 5-3, Green Bay 4-4 or Minnesota 4-4 and the Cardinals who will win the West as the 2 teams that will host the 2 wild cards.

It's a really tough call who will win the North and since those teams are all evenly matched I believe the North winner will be the #4 seed. Arizona would have a tougher time playing in the PAC 10 than playing Seattle twice, SF and St Louis...plus they have 5 games left at home.

I do believe that Arizona is a much better team than any of the North teams and even though we have beat them once it would be much more difficult to win in Arizona...so if we can be the TOP wild card team, ie, the #5 seed, I think we will have an easier time beating GB, Chi or Min in the 1st round.

But I will still root for us to play the Cardinals since I am in Arizona and only about 15 minutes from the stadium!

#1 NY Giants 13-3

#2 Carolina 12-4

#3 Arizona 11-5

#4 Chi, GB or Min 9-7

#5 Washington 11-5

#6 Philly or TB 10-6

Looking kinda fair weatherish, its the half way point the giants havnt won the division yet

Like i said in another thread, we can still win the division with the "toughest" part of our schedule out of the way. The NYG schedule ranks number 1 in the NFL in terms of difficulty for the remaining schedule (saw the breakdown during the Dallas/Giants game) and they will let a few of their remaining games slip away. We just have to do our part and keep winning. Evrybdy seems to be crowning the Giants as NFCE Champs already and there's still alot of football to be played. I dont wanna seem too optimistic but in reality, the division title is still up for grabs and it has to come through FedEx which is the best thing about it.

We have 4 tough games. The Giants, Eagles, a desperate Dallas team and Ravens. We could lose all 4 or split. If this team plays like it did during the 4 game winning streak; then we should make the playoffs but if we played like we did the last month then the worse case scenero will come about.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I think its way too early to call it like this. I could see us being the WC though. You really think AZ will be 11-5?

Look at Arizona's schedule...

host 49ers monday night

at Seattle

host Giants

at Philly on Thanks Giving

host St. Louis

host Minnesota

at New England

host Seattle

I see them winning all their home games accept the Giants, although they do have a shot...thats 4 wins...

if they win 1 road game between Philly, Seattle and New England that will put them at 10-6...so maybe 11-5 is a bit of a stretch...but their schedule is set up where they will definitely coast to their division title.

Looking kinda fair weatherish, its the half way point the giants havnt won the division yet

Paaaaalease....if there's ONE thing I'm NOT and that's fair weatherish...

26 years I've bled Maroon and Black! lol

But making a post like this is simply pointing out a very likely scenario. OBVIOUSLY I want us to win the division...but after the man handling we got monday night I, like alot of us, are still a bit skepticle, not hopeful, but skepticle about us winning what I believe will take 12 wins or more to win this division.

Take the Giants /Eagle game sunday night...if the Giants lose, we pull to within a game of the division with a home game left against the G-men...great right? But then the Eagles will have won 4 straight and breathing down our necks...

If the Giants win they will be 8-1 and a game and a half up on us...but at least the Eagles will be a full game back plus we'll have the tie breaker.

Whatever happens, I will focus on the positive. But there DOES come a time where we could be fighting for a wild card rather than the division...

But hey, it is still early enough...but alot of people are counting on the Giants losing due to their schedule...thats a tough position to have to root for...I'd rather look at the Redskins winning...will they win enough? We'll see...but 11-5 is attainable...but it won't be enough to win the division.

If we somehow get to 11-5 I would jump for joy.

No way that happens

Another optimist I see...
I don't think its a tough haul to win this division at all!
I think it IS a tough haul, but regardless, that's our goal.
Best post in this thread.

#1 NY Giants 13-3

#2 Carolina 12-4

#3 Arizona 11-5

#4 Chi, GB or Min 9-7

#5 Washington 11-5

#6 Philly or TB 10-6

OK...first, Carolina WON'T go 12-4! That division is very much still open, especially with the Saints getting healthy.

BTW, I just don't see the Giants only losing two more games. They are VERY good, but I say 12-4. They tend to fizzle out towards the end.

The Cardinals will NOT go 11-5, but will that division. Sadly, they may win it with only a 9 win game season...yep, 9.

As for the NFC North, who knows? But yea, a 9-7 record will probably win the division...just sad.

Redskins 11-5, eh, could very well be. As long as we are 4-2 in the division and we can maintain a 10-6 record at minimum, we will be fine.

Philly or TB. I agree. But I'm going back to my prediction that the Saints will make a strong push. Heck, even the Falcons, but there division record sucks, so maybe not.

Whoa....we have now projected according to the 50 percent of precincts that have reported that the NY GIANTS and CAROLINA Panthers will be the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC East with the WASHINGTON REDSKINS playing the ARIZONA CARDINALS in a wild card game.

#1 NY Giants 13-3

#2 Carolina 12-4

#3 Arizona 11-5

#4 Chi, GB or Min 9-7

#5 Washington 11-5

#6 Philly or TB 10-6

We have now projected according to the 50 percent of precincts that have reported that the NY GIANTS and CAROLINA Panthers will be the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC East with the WASHINGTON REDSKINS playing the ARIZONA CARDINALS in a wild card game.

The DALLAS COWBOYS and PHILADELPHIA EAGLES are at their respective headquarters to do concession speeches as we speak.

Little soon for this????

Division winners get the home games. Regardless of records.

Personally, playing in Chicago or GB would be very difficult in the playoffs. But if I had to choose one, I choose Chicago based on how they are playing right now. There defense is suspect and Orton is playing well, but I am not ready to be scared of him. With more games played the way he is playing now, maybe, but just not yet.

are you sure about that?

during the offseason, there was talk in the owners meetings about changing it to who had the best record since two wildcard teams last playoffs had better records than the division winner they played. i just dont remember if that passed or not.

You can say this or that scenario is more likely to happen than another, but - the odds of it actually happening like this and everything falling into place is pretty close to nil.

Remember the 6-3 Lions last year? What happened to them? They were at the top of their division. And yet didn't even make a wildcard.

And the Redskins, whom all the "experts" wouldn't even mention in the same breath with the word playoffs, went from 5-6 to a wild card berth.

In 2006, the Broncos were 7-2 and didn't make the post season with the division.

In 2005, the Cowboys were 7-3 with the Redskins 5-5. Cowboys out, Redskins in.

Falcons were 6-3 and finished 8-8.

Patriots were 4-4 and made the post season with the division.

...and so on and so forth. Anything can happen.

HTTR

its so hard to predict where the skins will finish. its almost like we have two different teams: the team that showed up in the arizona, new orleans, dallas, and philly games and then the team that showed up against new york, st. louis, cleveland, detroit and pittsburgh games.

i truly feel that we can beat just about everyone in the league, but we can also lose to just about anyone.

as much as i want to think about the playoff scenario, i don't think it will be accurate at all. i'm really trying to take it week by week and hope for the best.

Archived