Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED: Devin Thomas & Malcolm Kelly

NoCalMike

We desperately need a miracle to happen that allows these two to not only get on the field during the game, but to grasp the offense.

We can't be relying on James Thrash on 3rd down.

Thomas & Kelly were drafted with big plans in mind for this offense. We need them in the red zone.

It's the norm to not be able to count on a WR until their 3rd year.

Just a shame that we drafted 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round while our FO felt we were a playoff team.

Without Moss we are in trouble. No matter who else is on the field.

WANTED: A Rookie WR that made a serious impact on his team in the history of the NFL.

Seriously, go look it up...there aren't many.

If we NEED them to be doing anything when it comes to offense, we should just pack it up and look foreword to next year.

Right now we need to win with CP, Cooley, Moss, ARE and maybe some Thrash.

Clearly that wasn't enough tonight.

When I see guys like Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson making huge plays every week I say why can't we just open it up and have Devin run some posts????

That TD that was called back against Arizona showed he CAN play this game...

I hate "BABYING" players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the norm to not be able to count on a WR until their 3rd year.

Just a shame that we drafted 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round while our FO felt we were a playoff team.

Without Moss we are in trouble. No matter who else is on the field.

Yep, should have traded for Ocho Cinco. :silly:

Seriously, tho, you don't expect much from rookie WRs, especially one that you know is a bit of a project. The only real disappointment is that Kelly hasn't been able to get on the field. He's actually a guy I expected to contribute sooner rather than later.

Jason

When I see guys like Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson making huge plays every week I say why can't we just open it up and have Devin run some posts????

DeSean isn't really making huge plays every week and Eddie has Brandon Marshall across from him..who draws double coverage pretty damn often because he's a monster.

Its VERY, VERY rare for rookie WRs to have a serious impact on their team.

Plus the TD against Arizona was a result of totally blown coverage, otherwise Thomas hasn't shown much at all.

what? i could have scored that touchdown... there wasnt a single defender around him... he just has to jog 15 yards into the endzone..

This is definitely killing our offense. Defenses are ganging up and Portis and then double teaming Moss. We haven't had an answer for weeks, the other guys can't beat single coverage. If we don't find a solution soon our offense will struggle the rest of the season.

Here is the difference guys.

We don't need Thomas & Kelly to be #1 WRs this season, they can both be groomed for that in the long term. I still expect them to be on the field contributing.

If Moss & ARE are our #1 & #2 WRs, and then Cooley is #3 target....then Thomas & Kelly should pretty much ALWAYS be a mismatch for the defense when they are on the field in a 4 or 5 WR set.......

If I was asking one of them to take Santana Moss's spot in their first year, then you could call me crazy, however I am simply asking them to contribute, and rookie or no rookie that is not too much to ask when you see it happening all over the NFL.

Thomas & Kelly should pretty much ALWAYS be a mismatch for the defense when they are on the field in a 4 or 5 WR set.......

I don't think there is any guarantee that a rookie WR will be a mismatch as a 4th or 5th option. History tends to agree with that.

We need to just expect nothing from our 2nd round picks. It's sad, but it will help us sleep every night.

There are rookie WRs who have had an impact...Boldin in Arizona, golston in NO, this year jackson in philly and royal in denver arent doing bad. The thing is I dont think anyone is saying we need them to jump in and be Randy Moss right now! we just need them to ...contribute...in some way wat the position they were drafted to play. Just a little bit..take baby steps...they are takin No steps lol

Without WRs this offense reminds me of EXACTLY what it was in 2005. We had Portis and a great running game which teams stuffed by cramming the box with 8 men. We had Moss, who was doubled and triple teamed at all times and NO ONE ELSE TO THROW THE FOOTBALL TO!! Moss was out most of the night, not sure why, I suppose due to a sore hammy, but no one else stepped up. Again. Because lets face it, we don't have anyone else really.

Or you could simply make the argument that the offensive line looked like DOG ****!!! That left the QB absolutely no time to throw the football, and when JC did have time he had happy feet and I can't blame him one bit. That defense is lights out

Without WRs this offense reminds me of EXACTLY what it was in 2005. We had Portis and a great running game which teams stuffed by cramming the box with 8 men. We had Moss, who was doubled and triple teamed at all times and NO ONE ELSE TO THROW THE FOOTBALL TO!! Moss was out most of the night, not sure why, I suppose due to a sore hammy, but no one else stepped up. Again. Because lets face it, we don't have anyone else really.

Or you could simply make the argument that the offensive line looked like DOG ****!!! That left the QB absolutely no time to throw the football, and when JC did have time he had happy feet and I can't blame him one bit. That defense is lights out

stop moss , stop the redskins offense.

Campbell did a good job of being totally inaccurate and sloppy at every pass he attempted at Devon tonight.

JC had a very inaccurate night. He's got to not do that. HOWEVER. He also was sacked 7 times, and hurried on every one of his throws, and I think eventually the defense got in his head. From watching the game live, it looked like the first time this year he got rattled by the Defense. And to be honest, the Steelers outplayed the 'Skins up front, and that's why.

Fred Davis?

He hasn't beaten Yoder out of the job. Why, I don't know. I think this coaching staff has proven they are willing to go with a rookie if it provides them the best chance to win, see HORTON as an example. He's not cutting it for some reason.

Oh, you and Doc Walker need to settle the freak down. HE'S NOT THAT GOOD. (yet, I hope)

I saw him on the trainers table quite a bit. There were working on his leg.

It's a combination of things: with Moss hurt, the WRs don't scare the defense, the defense loads up and the O-Line doesn't protect, and the QB can't get rid of the ball because nobodies open, and then he gets sacked.

stop moss , stop the redskins offense.

Basically, this is the God's honest truth.

I've changed my vote on MVP of the team. JC might run the show, Portis might have the stats, but Moss is the key to the whole offense. He basically didn't play today. When he was in, he was gimpy. No Offense.

Can we please let this go? Week after week, over and over again I've seen posters ask again and again about these two players. We lost 6-23 tonight. Does anyone really believe Kelly and Thomas would've made that much of a difference, tonight? :helmet:

Can we please let this go? Week after week, over and over again I've seen posters ask again and again about these two players. We lost 6-23 tonight. Does anyone really believe Kelly and Thomas would've made that much of a difference, tonight? :helmet:

Well, that's a more succinct way of making my point.

The problem is that Doc Walker is going to get on his radio show tomorrow and his opening statement is going to be why the 'Skins can't go down field, he likes the long ball, we don't attack, and if we drafted Thomas and Kelly, why aren't we using them. It's going to be a rant over and over, and people listen to Doc because they think he knows what he's talking about, but in this case he's just dead wrong.

If Thomas had run a deep post on every single offensive play, it wouldn't have made any difference because JC can't throw to him if he's on his back. 7 sacks. That means you don't have time to go down field. It's just plain sense.

But this is an argument that has lost common sense.

Archived