Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED: Devin Thomas & Malcolm Kelly

NoCalMike

ummm duh our recievers werent the problem tonite..... the problem was our o line that for some reason we have refused to address...... look at my previous posts and youll see i was screamin the off season to draft o line ........ did we ? NO..... and it showed tonite while jason laid on his back half the game!!!

Well, that's a more succinct way of making my point.

The problem is that Doc Walker is going to get on his radio show tomorrow and his opening statement is going to be why the 'Skins can't go down field, he likes the long ball, we don't attack, and if we drafted Thomas and Kelly, why aren't we using them. It's going to be a rant over and over, and people listen to Doc because they think he knows what he's talking about, but in this case he's just dead wrong.

If Thomas had run a deep post on every single offensive play, it wouldn't have made any difference because JC can't throw to him if he's on his back. 7 sacks. That means you don't have time to go down field. It's just plain sense.

But this is an argument that has lost common sense.

This is why your the Voice of Reason. Doc Walker is going to say whatever he can to rile up the Redskin Nation and prove he can be an objective personality on radio. It's really sad when people think rookie WRs can have that huge of an impact.

Keep being the Voice of Reason and call the Doc show and emphasize to him the 7 sack stat. No QB, and I mean NO QB can go deep under that much pressure. :helmet:

How about running plays to Lorenzo Alexander while Fred Davis rots on the bench.

You are onto something here. I'm not too concerned with Sleepy Davis snoozing on the bench as I am with the play calling. 4th down on the 1 and you run a gadget play to a defensive end? That's out thinking yourself. Dumb call by coach. I don't think we will be saying that very often this year to be honest, but that was just plain and simple a STUPID call.

You are onto something here. I'm not too concerned with Sleepy Davis snoozing on the bench as I am with the play calling. 4th down on the 1 and you run a gadget play to a defensive end? That's out thinking yourself. Dumb call by coach. I don't think we will be saying that very often this year to be honest, but that was just plain and simple a STUPID call.

I'm down for getting the stupid calls NOW rather than later.

WANTED: A Rookie WR that made a serious impact on his team in the history of the NFL. Seriously, go look it up...there aren't many. If we NEED them to be doing anything when it comes to offense, we should just pack it up and look foreword to next year. Right now we need to win with CP, Cooley, Moss, ARE and maybe some Thrash. Clearly that wasn't enough tonight.
Ummm....this year alone. Donnie Avery. DeSean Jackson. Eddie Royal. (And eddie royal absolutely BEASTED his first game of the season, which was the same one that Brandon Marshall was suspended so the argument that his numbers are what they are because of BM's presence does NOT hold water). Historically; Calvin Johnson, Marques Houston, Anquon Boldin, Randy Moss, steve smith. Rookie wide recievers can produce if you make a solid, well evaluated pick and prepare them right.

Archived