Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin doesn't understand the First Amendment

Cooked Crack

Simply put. She believes that the media will continue to work for Obama after the election, and that the "balancing" effect of talk radio will be silenced by the actions of the ruling Dems once they take over. IE- the Fairness Doctrine.

I just dont think most of you think shes a stupid as you pretend on this board.

And it wouldnt be complete if I didnt throw something like this into the fray- Where is the outrage over Biden lowering the definition of rich to 150k? Is he just a stupid idiot?

Simply put. She believes that the media will continue to work for Obama after the election, and that the "balancing" effect of talk radio will be silenced by the actions of the ruling Dems once they take over. IE- the Fairness Doctrine.

Honestly, your interpretation of her comment makes no sense in light of what she actually said. And it has nothing to do with infringing on the First Amendment considering the SC has already upheld Congress' ability to impose the Fairness Doctrine. But in fairness, that doctrine is a lot more subtle than the idiocy she just spit out about the First Amendment.

And yes, I think she's as big a moron as I'm portraying.

Meh, this ain't any different than throwing people who disagree with you off of your plane.

Yep. Obviously. The Bill of Rights is of the same importance when dealing with people running for federal elected office as airplane seating charts.

In fact, that's why they all swear an oath to preserve protect and defend the press corps' airplane seats when they take office.

ding ding ding!!! FTW!!!

Did you actually just agree with this idiocy?

Nope... that's still a pretty stupid sentiment. The American media is historically very opportunistic and will likely turn on an Obama administration very quickly if presented with the right opportunities to do so.

Yep. Obviously. The Bill of Rights is of the same importance when dealing with people running for federal elected office as airplane seating charts.

In fact, that's why they all swear an oath to preserve protect and defend the press corps' airplane seats when they take office.

Yes, because that's what I meant. :doh::laugh:

And it wouldnt be complete if I didnt throw something like this into the fray- Where is the outrage over Biden lowering the definition of rich to 150k? Is he just a stupid idiot?

Ah yes... The liberals are going to come in and silence conservative media. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had her pegged as stupid, now I see that she's paranoid and stupid. Good catch.

Biden said 150k in a speech the tax plan that won't raise taxes on anyone under 250k hasn't changed.

But that isn't even remotely close to what she said. :whoknows:

Yeah, but Palin obviously doesn't understand a lot of things so why should the first amendment be any different?

For the record:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sooo wouldn't her complaining about the press asking "hard" questions mean she's also infringing against the freedom of the press? Oh my, it's kinda one ah them conundrums ya knoe?

Nevermind that the press doesn't actually make any laws and that she's advocating censorship. Oh wait, I'm trying to make sense out of nonsense again. Gotta stop that.

Well, she didn't mention Obama's presidency, talk radio, or the Fairness Doctrine.

So...yea...I'm the dumb one for not being able to read her goddamn mind.

Ah yes... The liberals are going to come in and silence conservative media. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had her pegged as stupid, now I see that she's paranoid and stupid. Good catch.

Biden said 150k in a speech the tax plan that won't raise taxes on anyone under 250k hasn't changed.

Right, so was he an idiot for making a mistake that basic and that central to his administrations platform?

Palins not paranoid, she's terrified. Rightfully so.

Well' date=' she didn't mention Obama's presidency, talk radio, or the Fairness Doctrine.

So...yea...I'm the dumb one for not being able to read her goddamn mind.[/quote']

Not at all, your just dishonest by always assuming the worst possible explanation is the accurate one.

puh-lease. let that she couldnt name a newspaper BS die already. she didnt want to in order to NOT pacify some mediot like katie "today show" couric.

Well, hold on just a second there. I don't doubt that she could rattle off the names of a bunch of newspapers. That's not what people are really getting at when they talk about this issue.

People (correctly) fault her for her non-answer because it suggests that at least one of the following must be true:

1) She truly doesn't read up on current events much or at all, which is a terrifying trait in a potential VP or P from West Canada; or

2) She reads, but only non-mainstream news sources, which would raise massive questions about her ability to be in touch with mainstream America from her remote outpost in East Russia (not to mention her grasp of current events); or

3) She reads, and reads mainstream news sources no less, but was afraid to admit it for fear of alienating herself from her far-right base of support by uttering slanderous terms like "Washington Post" or "New York Times." Again, pandering to the far right at the expense of everyone else.

And based on her answer, which was obviously an awkward and failed dodge, these two DEFINITELY ARE true:

1) As a journalist, she couldn't even come up with the name of an "acceptable" periodical to mention. "Wall Street Journal" would have been a great one, and would have put the matter to bed indefinitely.

2) She was quite honestly afraid to just answer such a simple question with an honest answer, whatever that honest answer might have been. That's not unique among politicians, but smart politicians only get tripped up by the tough questions. Not by the softballs.

Alternately: If, as you suggest, Sarah Palin or her handlers simply have such complete disdain for Katie Couric, then they never should have agreed to the interview in the first place. It was awfully stupid of her to agree to the interview with a "mediot" and then just refuse to answer some supposed "gotcha" questions that any smart politician could have anticipated and easily backhanded.

So why didn't she just say that? It seemed to me it was just more of her whining over being expected to competently answer questions from the press.

Right, so was he an idiot for making a mistake that basic and that central to his administrations platform?

Palins not paranoid, she's terrified. Rightfully so.

She should be terrified. Her political career ends Tuesday. People can say what they want but she'll be soaked in the stink of failure and more than a few republicans will blame her for the loss.

Also allow me to correct you on something you seem to have a lot of trouble with. Palin isn't an idiot for misspeaking. She's an idiot for showing that she can't handle a hostile interview of any sort or follow up questions. Biden, Palin, McCain, and Obama have all made mistakes in speeches. One of the four is seen as an idiot.

So why didn't she just say that? It seemed to me it was just more of her whining over being expected to competently answer questions from the press.

It's more about one set of standards applied to her and McCain and another for Biden and Obama.

You forgot to get NAMBLA and terrorists into your hijack attempt. Work on it.

I just don't think the people on this board are as stupid as you think they are. (I know I'm not.)

Ah, good. You decided to try to add tax policy, Joe Biden, and class warfare into the hijack attempt. Would have worked better if you'd thrown them into the first paragraph, though.

She should be terrified. Her political career ends Tuesday. People can say what they want but she'll be soaked in the stink of failure and more than a few republicans will blame her for the loss.

Also allow me to correct you on something you seem to have a lot of trouble with. Palin isn't an idiot for misspeaking. She's an idiot for showing that she can't handle a hostile interview of any sort or follow up questions. Biden, Palin, McCain, and Obama have all made mistakes in speeches. One of the four is seen as an idiot.

Yeah. How dare her try to be a leader without being a career politician.

Hitler gave great speeches too.

Yes, because that's what I meant. :doh::laugh:

Then please explain what you meant by that statement.

Or are you going to accuse me of infringing on your Constitutional Right to say stupid things without people pointing out that they're stupid?

Archived