Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin doesn't understand the First Amendment

Cooked Crack

Playing dumb.

(Sorry. Had to.) :)

who said Im playing, ****er!! :finger:

I see you as a straight shooter with occassional anger issues combined with a jokester, but you're not really someone whose goal is pour gasoline around the neighbors house and laugh as you drop the match.

wow, were getting so close *sniff sniff*

No, Mike uses a different tactic. Kilmer loves to take positions he doesn't believe himself just to get people riled up and then presses and presses them until their brains start squirting out their noses.

Both BK17 and BigMIke have openly admitted they like posting sometimes just to "stir the pot" and "get reactions." Now I know many of you think of that as trolling at times, but there is a real difference when certain context and particulars are in play. The staff knows how to apply these things appropriately, and would do so when and if there is a real problem and just cause.

But for those who choose to reply to anyone who seems to be saying stuff too ridiculous to be serial, just keep in mind before you get too sucked in emotionally...are we just (or mainly) being baited? :)

And, if you practice, it becomes easy and rewarding to mainly ignore folks when you think they're ridiculous, whether they do so on purpose or by nature. :) Of course, playing (and while stating absolutely sincere views)with some of the ones who are ridiculous in earnest is fun, too.

And if such things were not the case, it is easily argued that the place becomes much more boring for most of us. :cool:

I understand completely what she is saying and referring to.

Maybe she should dumb it down for Obama supporters and the mediots to understand too.

Could you please dumb it down for me than?

So she makes a claim and the so-called liberal media say it's an unfair attack on Obama.

Could you explain how Palin's first amendment rights are compromised in that scenario?

Thank you.

Could you please dumb it down for me than?

So she makes a claim and the so-called liberal media say it's an unfair attack on Obama.

Could you explain how Palin's first amendment rights are compromised in that scenario?

Thank you.

Suppressing dissent and information is not the role of the press.

If she feels they are suppressing discussion it would indeed be a 1st amendment issue.

Besides suppressing is the Obama camps forte ;)

Suppressing dissent and information is not the role of the press.

If she feels they are suppressing discussion it would indeed be a 1st amendment issue.

:yikes:

That may well be the biggest whopper I've ever seen in the history of Tailgate.

Please, explain to me how anything the Press says could possibly infringe the Constitution. Seeing as how a) The Constitution doesn't limit the Press in any way, and B) The Constitution specifically protects the Press' freedom

Besides suppressing is the Obama camps forte ;)

:secret:The subject of this thread is a politician claiming that the Press criticizing the actions of that politician is a violation of the Constitution.

:secret:And the politician wasn't Obama.

:yikes:

That may well be the biggest whopper I've ever seen in the history of Tailgate.

Please, explain to me how anything the Press says could possibly infringe the Constitution. Seeing as how a) The Constitution doesn't limit the Press in any way, and B) The Constitution specifically protects the Press' freedom

:secret:The subject of this thread is a politician claiming that the Press criticizing the actions of that politician is a violation of the Constitution.

:secret:And the politician wasn't Obama.

He did ask for a "dumbed down" version:)

But I'm curious...You don't believe the press can violate precepts of the constitution?

That must be some liberal interpretation that puts them outside the laws:rolleyes:

He did ask for a "dumbed down" version:)

But I'm curious...You don't believe the press can violate precepts of the constitution?

That must be some liberal interpretation that puts them outside the laws:rolleyes:

:secret:The Constitution specifies what the government can and cannot do.

Not only does the Constitution not say what the Press can and cannot do, it specifies that the government can't tell them what to do, either.

(Obviously, there are some limits to that Freedom. The Washington Post cannot kidnap and waterboard Dick Cheney in order to get quotes from him for a story they're working on. But even in that case, they'd be violating a Law, not The Constitution.)

Again. Please give me an example of how the Press can possibly violate The Constitution.

I have never seen so many frequently intelligent posters reduced to such inane integrity-lite shells of themselves as in these political threads. It would almost be disturbing if I took the tailgate very seriously. :)

Aw heck,jump on in ...the waters fine

3073924_104_full.jpg

Life is to serious to be taken too seriously.

Again. Please give me an example of how the Press can possibly violate The Constitution.

Civil rights are not part of the Constitution?

let me add since you don't seem to grasp it

at the direction of the Obama camp...hence the forte;)

This of course just baseless speculation,but I know you love a conspiracy.:cool:

I have never seen so many frequently intelligent posters reduced to such inane integrity-lite shells of themselves as in these political threads. It would almost be disturbing if I took the tailgate very seriously. :)

Remembering a quote from, IMO, the best book written (or at least, the best one I've read), Arthur Clarke's Childhood's End.

"My dear Riki. It is only by not taking the Human race seriously that I am able to retain what small fragment of my once considerable mental powers I still possess."

(Don't know why that line has stuck so long. It's not particularly clever or original. But it has.)

Edit: The speaker, BTW, is a member of a race of ETs who have contacted humanity, and whom the humans refer to as "The Overlords".

Not that I'm trying to draw any parallels to the exalted state of mod-hood, or anything. :)

Civil rights are not part of the Constitution?

1) A newspaper can violate civil rights laws. (For example, in their hiring decisions.)

2) Governor Palin was not criticizing the Press' personnel decisions. She was criticizing their reporting.

Are you trying to claim that a newspaper story can violate Civil Rights? I have to admit, I'm not able to think up a case where that would be so.

Edit: I've just read your new, improved, longer post. And now it makes even less sense to me.

1) A newspaper can violate civil rights laws. (For example, in their hiring decisions.)

2) Governor Palin was not criticizing the Press' personnel decisions. She was criticizing their reporting.

Are you trying to claim that a newspaper story can violate Civil Rights? I have to admit, I'm not able to think up a case where that would be so.

Edit: I've just read your new, improved, longer post. And now it makes even less sense to me.

A directed effort to suppress info or voting by the press is OK under civil rights law?

Not saying that is happening of course...it's one of those Hippo questions

A directed effort to suppress info or voting by the press is OK under civil rights law?

Not saying that is happening of course...it's one of those Hippo questions

Uh, as far as I'm aware, the Press has the Constitutional Right to print pretty much whatever the Dallas they want. There are laws against fraud or slander, but even those are really limited and restricted when dealing with the Press. And even more so when dealing with the Press and politics.

You really think, for example, that William Randolph Hearst didn't intentionally affect elections?

Uh, as far as I'm aware, the Press has the Constitutional Right to print pretty much whatever the Dallas they want. There are laws against fraud or slander, but even those are really limited and restricted when dealing with the Press. And even more so when dealing with the Press and politics.

You really think, for example, that William Randolph Hearst didn't intentionally affect elections?

Well Dayumn...I'm running dry here:paranoid:

How about conspiracy?

Can I use my lifeline?...dial a friend?....anybody got Cochran's number?

nm I found a beer.;)

It's the same Liberal playbook. Call the other side stupid, redneck, racist etc etc etc.

Rightwingers are stupid because they don't know what liberal really means

liberal: tolerant of views different from one's own, broad-minded.

favoring political reforms tending towards democracy & personal

freedom for the individual.

Being liberal has nothing to do with being Pro-Choice or Pro-Life (Anti-Abortion), Pro Gun Rights or Pro Gun Control or any other issue that the right claims makes someone conservative or liberal. If you believe that people who disagree with you have as much right to voice their opinion as you then you are liberal. If you think that people who disagree with you unAmerican or communist or should just keep their mouths shut then you are a far Rightwing nutcase or Leftwing nutcase who doesn't put country first but puts themselves & their party first.

BTW, Sarah Palin is Stupid & Racist & a Redneck

Remember, Sarah Palin is also the journalism graduate who couldn't name a major newspaper that she reads regularly.

So I'm not at all surprised to learn that she fundamentally misunderstands even some of the most basic, most important content of the Constitution.

There's no reason to expect her to. After all, People magazine doesn't cover that stuff very much.

I'm a media studies graduate (B.A.) and I don't read any newspaper. Why? If I wanted to have Obama's glory shoved in my face everyday, I'd just undo his pants. All you ever read about in any paper is how evil George Bush is and how much "hope" we have in Hussein Obama. Most papers are so slanted that they make the early days of yellow journalism look tame. Screw the papers.

These same papers turn every gun used in a shooting into an evil scary AK-47, even if it was a .38 revolver. Journalists and newspapers are some of the most undeducated people on earth. Yet, they google some things and use a microfish and all the sudden their experts.

I'm a media studies graduate (B.A.) and I don't read any newspaper. Why? If I wanted to have Obama's glory shoved in my face everyday, I'd just undo his pants. All you ever read about in any paper is how evil George Bush is and how much "hope" we have in Hussein Obama. Most papers are so slanted that they make the early days of yellow journalism look tame. Screw the papers.

Question: What exactly does this have to do with Sarah Palin and the First Amendment?

These same papers turn every gun used in a shooting into an evil scary AK-47, even if it was a .38 revolver. Journalists and newspapers are some of the most undeducated people on earth. Yet, they google some things and use a microfish and all the sudden their experts.

First, you might have been "shoved" off the board for a bit, for all your "shoved glory." However, what you choose to fantasize doing with men is your business.

Now, let's see...you're a "media studies" BA graduate who writes things like "I don't read any newspaper" and "...and newspapers are some of the most uneducated people on earth." Actually, newspapers aren't people at all, they're, well, newspapers.

Very impressive. Did you take English 98 on the way to your degree?

And score a big "me idjit" for the "Hussein" move. You're on a roll. Continuing the "how many ways can I seem dumb in a single post" theme, we next have the fact the mainstream major papers today, even in open endorsement of candidates, are notably more tame and better balanced than the fervently biased and colorfully vitriolic publications of "yellow journalism" days and previous generations. This has been a topic well-covered in a number of past and current tailgate discussions.

And I'll give your mini-rant on the AK/.38 deal a "that's dumb, too" nod to keep your total up.

Returning to your claim of journalists being "some of the most uneducated people on earth", I will yield to the dark temptation to make a slam, partly at Palin's expense, and suggest that if she and you are graduates of journalism related programs, then you may be right. Perhaps my normal reaction to argue with you about that, as being just another ignorant comment, is misplaced.

Some final things, my stellar BA graduate (I'm not going to ask which school), regarding your last sentence: first, and rather amusing for a holder of a "media studies" degree, it's "microfiche" not "microfish", and it's "all of a sudden" not "all the sudden" and it's "they're" not "their." So please, carry on with your assault on the intelligence of others. This part was entertaining.

Now, let's see...you're a "media studies" BA graduate who writes things like "...and newspapers are some of the most uneducated people on earth." Actually, newspapers aren't people at all, they're, well, newspapers.

Actually Jumbo, you gave him too much credit. He implied that, "newspapers are undeducated". I guess Mister Media Studies graduate doesn't know how to use spell check either.

Archived