Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why We Shouldn't Worry About the Steelers Game

return2glory

What I don't understand is; why do a lot of people on here have a boner about us not putting teams away or we haven't arrived yet?

Who Cares!

Putting teams away? If we aren't putting teams away why are we 6 - 2?

We don't need to dominate teams, domination only leads you to a big fall. I say keep up what we're doing because its damn well working.

Agree 100%! Plus I'll go out on a limb and say this. Unless we knock Big Ben down(not sacks, but hurries and knockdowns) at least a dozen times we will not win this game. An overlooked fact for all the people who say pressure on the QB doesn't matter. The Steelers are 5-0 when Big Ben stays upright(average -2 sacks per game). In their two losses, to the Giants and Eagles, this season he has been sacked 14 times and knockdown over 20. In other words, when Big Ben has time, he finds open WRs, no matter who the DBs are. When he has pressure in his face he throws INTs.:2cents:

They only lost 2 games. There are probably a lot of patterns there.

I don't think it is any more complicated than that the Eagles and the Giants were the best teams they faced, and the rest of their schedule has been pretty easy.

Big Ben hasn't really had a lot of big games against anybody this year.

Their offense has usually been a run the football and Big Ben don't lose the game for us. That's why he is usually not very high in terms of passing yards and attempts. When they had him pass a lot in 2006 his QB rating went way down, and they went 8-8.

I think their offense struggling so bad this year (25th) because they don't have the running game that they usually do.

We've played a lot better offenses and QBs than this one, and it hasn't been a problem.

I'm a little worried about our D vs. their O. The Giants and Eagles were able to get to Big Ben and disrupt the passing game. We are notorious for not getting sacks. Big Ben is a guy that can kill you if given the time and they have to very fast WRs in Santonio Holmes and Fabian Washington (and reliable guys like Hines Ward and Heather Miller). I am confident that we can we but I see the key to the game being how well we get after Big Ben. :2cents:

We've played a lot of QBs that can kill you. We've played the top 3 QBs in yards, and 4 of the top 6. We beat all of them, and we still have a top ranked defense.

Brees, Warner and McNabb all had their worst game against us.

Big Ben has struggled this year. He's not even in the top 5 of QBs we've faced so far.

I do think this game is important from a confidence standpoint. We have just played three teams that are not very good; and with a loss to one and the fact that all the scores were so close the team probably has to wonder if they are lucky to be 6-2. A win against a good Steeler team would be a big boost in confidence; and that is very much needed in my opinion.

To beat the Steelers we need to play mistake free football. If we were to loose we may still be able to regroup and make the playoffs; but if we win we will have confidence and momentum for a strong run for the division championship.

I am pretty nervous about this game...apprehensively confident maybe?

In any case, here's what ESPN.com had to say:

The combination of Ben Roethlisberger taking a ton of sacks and the Giants defense leading the league in sacks come to head in the Steelers collapsing against the Giants. They are forecasted to bounce back this week with a big upset win largely because the Redskins defense has just 10 sacks in 8 games this year. There is only a 43 percent chance the Redskins sack Ben 3 or more times. If they do, the Redskins do win nearly 60 percent of simulations. There is a 50 percent chance than Jason Campbell throws his first interception. If he has no interceptions the Redskins win 57 percent of the time according to the Custom Game Simulator. It will not be easy, but Clinton Portis has a 40 percent chance of another 100 yard rushing game and the Redskins win over 70 percent of these simulations.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/intel?gameId=281103028

I never thought of this season as a continuation of last year's playoff run with so many changes. I was taking a wait and see approach and must say I am pleased so far. I did not expect this team to make the playoffs, only improve on last year's mistakes.

As this season moves forward, I am starting to think playoffs and regardless of how we do against Pittsburgh, I still think we are in good shape to make the playoffs. My theory for any team to make the playoffs is simple; 2 wins for every loss will get you 10-5 in week 16, and you will usually have a playoff spot locked up with 10 wins. Depending on the circumstances, you might need 11 wins but 10-6 is not a bad record in my opinion, even if you do miss the playoffs.

So even if we drop to 6-3, we are still on pace for a 10 win season. Winning this game means we can now lose 2 of the next 3 games and still be on pace for a 10 win season.

ive had surpeme confidence in this defense since game one when they held the defending superbowl champs to 16 points. they will handle big ben and his offense. our O is stilla big question, whos gonna show up this week. sure we can dominate the yardage stats, but 1 play can be all the difference in winning.

Sorry, but I worry about EVERY game. We are not the type of team that will blow teams away. We will play tight, down to the wire, heart attack games. We're a grind it out team. So, I will worry about playing a good team that is 5-2. The run will be the key moreso than ever before. The Squealers have an excellent run D and if we can't get CP going, it will make for a long game. Other than that, I think we match up pretty evenly. It will be another 20-17 slobber-knocker.

What I don't understand is; why do a lot of people on here have a boner about us not putting teams away or we haven't arrived yet?

Who Cares!

Putting teams away? If we aren't putting teams away why are we 6 - 2?

We don't need to dominate teams, domination only leads you to a big fall. I say keep up what we're doing because its damn well working.

If we were putting teams away, we would be 7-1 ;)

Our House...Gotta hunch we open a can of wup ass because

No One Expects it. The quirkiness of the NFL will rise up.

Kornheiser and the trio of sports casting dysfunction will hype the crap outa the Steelers D and Big Ben...All of the ESPN panel of Morons will set up This do or die thing for the Steelers...And they will come out and lay an egg.

Jason will get hot and wip the ball all over the place and we will run it up...Just because no one sees it coming...Except me :-)

This is going to be a defensive game. Period. The offense of both teams could struggle early on. Field position will be key.

The 12th man could very well be the deciding factor. If our D can rattle Ben a few times and then we pour on the noise, he could have a very sub par game.

Be Loud!!!!

I agree that the Skins play to the level of their oppenents, but that doesn't mean that I'm not nervous about this week.

I can't believe that I agree with you on anything, must be Halloween tomorrow or something, but I'm right there with you on this one.

We've been playing horribly the past three weeks, and I just hope that we can pick it up again. Where's my Dallas/Philly/New Orleans/Arizona-ass kicking team?

Score early, score often, and don't stop trying to score until the clock reads 00:00.

heres why we should worry about pittsburgh. the #1 defense in the league, a stand up, very impressive quarterback, very physical receivers against our frail (though talented) cbs, and just an overall tough team. having said that this is a winable game that i am excited to watch. if we lose, its rough but not fatal, if we win, 7-2 at the bye would be an unbelievable first half.

The fact that we hav played 13 games in a row w/o a break might have alot to do with that. Everybdy is looking 4ward to the 14th straight game and then the bye week. My only concern is that they dont overlook the game and look forward more to the bye.

Bingo! This is what I fear the most heading into this week's game. I'm really glad this weeks game is a Monday Nighter so it will be harder for this team to simply shut it down early heading into the bye-week.

I agree that we should be able to get up for this game and that Zorn will motivate the team strongly. I know our players want to show what they are capable of. Make no mistake though, the Steelers are a good team. It is going to be a good gauge to see where we are at. I am very much anticipating this game.

Archived