Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor unlikely to play

darrelgreenie

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

Posted: October 27th, 2008 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Clinton Portis, Jason Taylor, Washington Redskins

Redskins coach Jim Zorn confirmed in his Monday news conference that defensive end Jason Taylor underwent a second procedure on his injured leg Monday and is unlikely to play in the Redskins’ next game (Nov. 3 vs. Pittsburgh).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i wrong to hope that Jason Taylor doesn't play?

I haven't understood the theory behind playing a less then 100% Jason Taylor. I thought we had quality depth at DE and was surprised. Anyhow i hope that Jason sits and rests over the next 2 weeks and can come back closer to 100% after the bye-week.

The possibility of Griffin being out could force Demetric Evans to spend more time at DT and leave alot of opportunity for Chris Wilson and Rob Jackson to step up.

I have a feeling we'll be pleasantly surprised.

:cheers:

img.79346_t.jpg172x135.jpg

Blessing in disguise, if you ask me. I like Taylor a lot, but he weakens our run D when he's in there instead of Evans, and Pitt is going to try and run it down our throats.

He's not 100% for the passing game, so letting him rest at the moment is addition by subtraction, IMO. Let him be healthy for our hopeful playoff run.

^^ Have you actually noticed him playing poorly in run D or just saying it based on what you've heard? Just wondering... and I don't mean this to sound condescending, but I really have not seen any particular weakness when it comes to JT against the run. He's held his ground, and has even made a play here or there against the run much like Andre Carter.

I don't get why people are saying JT is not good against the run. Heck man he is like 70% and against the Lions he was there in a lot of run plays. He also has batted down a lot of balls. But I agree I want him 100% because if he is I think he will make a huge difference agianst say Dallas and Giants. don't forget in our first game against the Giants he has less than 100%.

Am i wrong to hope that Jason Taylor doesn't play?

Nope: He should have been resting all along IMO. Right now he is simply not helping us very much. I hope he understands that, and gives his knee a chance to heal so that he can help us. I still believe we will see the JT of old at some point - hopefully sooner than later.

Nope: He should have been resting all along IMO. Right now he is simply not helping us very much. I hope he understands that, and gives his knee a chance to heal so that he can help us. I still believe we will see the JT of old at some point - hopefully sooner than later.

I think our pass rush will get a huge boost from Wilson and Jackson.

I can't wait to see these young fellas get out there and hopefully they'll play like some uncaged animals. Bring on the Steelers!!

He should have had this done sometime last week and sat out the Lions game. This is the beginning of the stretch run to the playoffs. We are going up against the so called "best" and division rivals. We need every man as healthy as possible to contribute in this stretch.

:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu

The injuries on defense this year suck, our staff needs to stay on top of this. The redskins need to get healthy quick if they want to make a push into the playoffs. Awesome time to have a bye week late in the season, hopefully guys get some rest and time to heal.

it's clear JT wants to contribute. Things are going well & he wants to be a part of it. It's clearer that a hobbled JT is a liability on D. He can't get after the passer, and can't be that effective against the run. Take him out, heal him up, and get him ready for the last month.

Archived