Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Steelers physical play last night (And it's relation to next monday)

Rocky52Mc

We could be looking at a broken down team next Monday. It's going to take their whole team effort to put down some points and stay with it. They just got blasted from a physical game against the Giants, and I'm not sure there are many teams that can come away from 2 NFC east teams in a row without being completely exhausted physically and mentally. This is what I just grabbed from the Steelers forums. We're lucky Santana and Portis had minor injuries Sunday. After seeing that stuff, I doubt Portis will practice and he gets that extra day to get healthy, STAY WITH IT CP!

"To anyone bold enough to think a 14-2, even 12-4 season was in the offing: You gotta another think coming, eh?

The Steelers' injury situation in the aftermath of this loss read: one gone for the season, one leg up in the air and one shoulder unknown.

Long snapper Greg Warren tore an ACL and is lost for the remainder of 2008. "Nobody has two long snappers on their team; what you have is emergency snappers," Coach Mike Tomlin said, explaining the usage of linebacker James Harrison who, for the record, is backed by fellow linebacker James Farrior. So the Steelers will hit the market tonight, or Monday at the latest. (Tomlin said the lack of a tested long snapper isn't the complete reason why Tomlin opted to disdain a 51-yard field goal attempt on the second play of the fourth quarter; part of it was the length, or what he termed "the outer limits of field-goal range. [but] wen you have a backup snapper in there, you knew that tey were going to come after it."

Punter Mitch Berger has a balky hamstring -- get it, his punting leg is "up in the air"? -- and safety Ryan Clark discloated his right shoulder, but said afterward that he felt fine and hoped to play on Election Day Eve against Washington."

We are a team who can dish out some punishment as well, but can be a lil more dangeroud on offense then NY and Philly. We still dont have our system doiwn and they do, so like we all been saying and what is hapening is we are getting a lil better each week.

No we didnt blast the Lions or Browns, but NY couldnt even beat them, speaking of the Browns. If we play good ball, we can and will beat the steelers. we are a dayum good team as well and the best in the 4th quarter period.

Regardless, we aren't exactly injury free either. Big Ben had a terrible night last night, but he isn't always that bad.. I think our corners will best tested.

From what I've seen so far this season is that BIG BEN has been more off then on if you know what i'm saying.....Big Ben is 18th in the league in QB rating and his O is 25th in the league...If the giants CB's can play well against them then we can play better then them...thats just how i think.

HTTR:point2sky

Their offensive line is dismal this year. We need to really generate some sort of pass rush or blitz packages to get pressure on Big Ben.

Offensively, we won't be able to run as much as we have been. We definitely will need to go more 3 wide receivers sets to not only pass the ball more and spread the DB's, but I think it will also open up the run game more. Detroit was honing in on our run game. We can't let the Steelers do the same.

I was thinking a lot about that as I watched that game. It seemed like every five seconds a Steeler was being helped off the field...especially their long snapper. Seeing his knee buckle out sideways like that was, well :puke:

The Steelers were able to do a decent job of running the ball and exploited the Gnats lousy secondary. While our pass rush sucks, our secondary is way better than the Gnats.

A very beat up Steelers team-13

A somewhat less beat up Redskins team-24

From what I've seen so far this season is that BIG BEN has been more off then on if you know what i'm saying.....Big Ben is 18th in the league in QB rating and his O is 25th in the league...If the giants CB's can play well against them then we can play better then them...thats just how i think.

HTTR:point2sky

We'll match his talent level.. it's what we do ;p

Compared to the Giants we have a very weak pass rush but a much better secondary if Springs and Horton can play next week. IMO also Ben is a very very average at best QB. He holds the ball way too long and doesn't know how to get rid of it if the play is not there. don't forget it was not only the Giants that gotten to him but the Beagles as well as some others. I also think we are much better than the Giants stopping the run especially if Griff come back. We also have them at home. Hey btw guys take a look at what the Browns did yesterday to a very good team (or so we thought). Don't underestimate us. We match up well with them if our injured players come back.

well pitt could be an angry team on monday, their D though was on the field alot yesterday.. We gotta blitz Big ben like philly did a weeks back.. I dont think hell last the season if he keeps gettin hit the way hes been roughed up this year.

That's another reason why we needed them to beat the Giants yesterday, because now they'll be ticked off against us. But I still think we'll beat them.

We only put up 25 against Detroit -- for whatever reason. This is going to be a very low scoring game...

It could go either way -- I am going to say 13-10, Skins.

That's what I would have expected prior to yesterday's game. With Clark out, I expect that they'll have some problems defending against the pass just as they did yesterday after his injury.

If the Redskins have everybody that didn't play yesterday back next Monday I will be happy about that. The Steelers have been beaten up all season and Ben Rothleisberger has been getting smacked around a lot. It is just too bad the Redskins have almost no pass rush. :steelersu

HTTR

Archived