Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Thrash, Unsung Hero

CM916

It was 3rd and 19 from our own 17 yard line with just 36 seconds left in the half. The previous four plays yielded a sack and an 8-yard holding penalty and burned a minute of clock with only negative yardage to show for it. The Lions, up 10-3, looked poised to get the ball back with great position.

Then, with it all on the line, Campbell drops back and at the last possible second finds not Moss, not Cooley, but James Thrash for a 29 yard completion. Moments later the team, facing certain doom just seconds before, salvaged the drive for 3 much-needed points.

With stars like Portis and Moss going on to have huge games in the 2nd half, this critical contribution by Thrash could have been lost in the shuffle but his team will remember as will this fan.

Here's to James Thrash and all the other blue-collar guys that go unnoticed.

:cheers:

Over the years, I have seen JT make many plays like that, and he's a long time ST warrior. Great presence in the locker room. Good guy for us to have. : )

Every sucessful team in the NFL needs guys like JT. He simply goes out and takes care of business on the field and teaches the young guys about how be to professionals off the field.

I was sad when we let him go to Philly and I was thrilled when we brought him back.

:applause::applause:

Like I said. Its not just about what he does on the field. It is what he does in the locker room that makes Thrash special.

Portis' contract was redone this past offseason, with financial incentives to be present at the Redskins' offseason workout program. Once he was there, two veterans, receiver James Thrash and linebacker London Fletcher, implored the ever-social Portis to trade some of his partying for harder work at the team complex. "I just respect those guys so much," says Portis. "It was more taking life seriously. Training with those guys, they're the type of guys who I actually look up to."

But -but -but, this doesn't make any sense, I have heard the "experts" in the Stadium tell me over and over that Thrash isn't any good............

Yeah I am tired of the crap that many on this board throw at him. He has never claimed to be the first or even second string WR. He does anything and everything asked of him, he gives great advice to the youngins, plays lights out on ST, and if you have ever met the guy (close friend of my brother in law) he should absolutely be treated as a role model.

but what about Mix, he's tall!

j/k, we kept the better option in Thrash. He is good for getting those clutch 20+ yard passes when we need him to. You always gotta appreciate guys like Rock, Thrash, and Khary Campbell for what they do.

It was 3rd and 19 from our own 17 yard line with just 36 seconds left in the half. The previous four plays yielded a sack and an 8-yard holding penalty and burned a minute of clock with only negative yardage to show for it. The Lions, up 10-3, looked poised to get the ball back with great position.

Then, with it all on the line, Campbell drops back and at the last possible second finds not Moss, not Cooley, but James Thrash for a 29 yard completion. Moments later the team, facing certain doom just seconds before, salvaged the drive for 3 much-needed points.

With stars like Portis and Moss going on to have huge games in the 2nd half, this critical contribution by Thrash could have been lost in the shuffle but his team will remember as will this fan.

Here's to James Thrash and all the other blue-collar guys that go unnoticed.

:cheers:

One of my favorite long-time Redskins.

Archived