Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No More Randle El..........

JGordon_3

returning punts that is. If today showed you anything, it's that having an explosive punt returner can change a game around. It wasn't like they magically blocked better on that play for Santana. He just made something happen.

I know Santana is a bit fragile, so maybe we don't keep him back there full time, but we have to try something else, whether it's Tryon, Devin Thomas, or whoever. Something's gotta give. I don't wanna see #82 back there anymore.

I agree with second post. No way you want Moss out there on a regular basis. Punt returns are a bonus not a key part of the game...i.e. Bush's two TD's in a loss to the Vikings on Monday night (I think that's who they played). Point is, you need Santana for his abilities on offense and you can spot work him once a game like Danny is doing.

to be effective running back punts you have to be fearless. it appears since he became a starter that Randle El is not as willing to sacrifice his body in the return game.

and maybe it is not in the Redskins short-term interest to ask him to do so given that Thomas and Kelly are not contributing at WR.

Thomas would seem to be a candidate for the job. I am sure the question there is whether he will show good judgment in fielding punts and holding onto the football.

The physical skills are there.

we def need to find another option for punt return duties..itd be cool to IR kelly and grab willie reid off the eagles practice squad..he wasn an amazing return man in college had a bad injury rookie season with the steelers was let go this year and grabbed by the eagles.

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/reid_willie00.html

wasnt a big game time reciever but did real well on returns

Archived