Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Huff?

cadets08

Redskins radio sounds too much like listening to one of those Sirius XM games. Its like you dont hear the crowd and all you hear is them. I hate the fact that they broadcast in real time and Direct TV has a delayed feed. Id rather watch it on TV. I was fan of Redskins radio back when Larry Micheal was the desk man and Sonny, Sam, Sammy Baugh, and Frank Herzog called the games. They got rid of Baugh because he could have cared less if he was there or not and Frank Herzog, even though he will always be the voice of the Redskins, came across as nerdy butt nutt. I feel your pain, though!!!

You do feel sorry listening to Sam. Makes listening to Sonny so much better. I thought Frank was the voice of the Skins and I can't accept Larry. As media savvy as Dan Synder is, you wonder how long he's going to let this go on.

• 1 month later...
You do feel sorry listening to Sam. Makes listening to Sonny so much better. I thought Frank was the voice of the Skins and I can't accept Larry. As media savvy as Dan Synder is, you wonder how long he's going to let this go on.

Larry Michael sucks in every way. I can't even stand to look at him. He reminds me of the Count on Sesame Street.

Redskins radio sounds too much like listening to one of those Sirius XM games. Its like you dont hear the crowd and all you hear is them. I hate the fact that they broadcast in real time and Direct TV has a delayed feed. Id rather watch it on TV. I was fan of Redskins radio back when Larry Micheal was the desk man and Sonny, Sam, Sammy Baugh, and Frank Herzog called the games. They got rid of Baugh because he could have cared less if he was there or not and Frank Herzog, even though he will always be the voice of the Redskins, came across as nerdy butt nutt. I feel your pain, though!!!

When in the world was Sammy Baugh on Redskins broadcasts? 1953?

Sammy Baugh? I've been listening to the radio to Redskins games since Super Bowl XVII and Sammy Baugh has NEVER been on the radio broadcasts. In fact, he never comes to DC because he's afraid to fly.

This is the last season for this current booth.

Next season will probably be Joey T, Riggo, and Mike Patrick.

Sonny and Sam are basically done.....and Mr. Snyder is realizing how hugely unpopular Larry is with Redskins fans.

I'll be sad if Sonny goes b/c I think he's still just as sharp as ever on the mic at 74.

As far as pairing Riggo and Theismann together, both men will be 60 next season and they are both offensive guys with raging egos. Not sure I'm going to like that pairing. Mike Patrick is no young buck either.

I'm not a big Larry fan, but I've grown used to his play by play calling.

Rick "Doc" Walker would be good in the booth. He always brings excellent insights about football in general and the Redskins in particular. They're wasting his talent by relegating him as a sideline reporter. And for those of you out there who'd really like to have a former defensive player in the booth, Charles Mann would be a good choice.

I'll be sad if Sonny goes b/c I think he's still just as sharp as ever on the mic at 74.

As far as pairing Riggo and Theismann together, both men will be 60 next season and they are both offensive guys with raging egos. Not sure I'm going to like that pairing. Mike Patrick is no young buck either.

I'm not a big Larry fan, but I've grown used to his play by play calling.

I'm just telling you what I know.

If you want young. Who do you want?

Archived