Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sons of Anarchy -contains spoilers

BigMike619

IMO, this is best show on television at the moment

No doubt.

The last 5 minutes of this show always leave you on the edge of the seat, and more often than not, like you just got punched in the gut once the Sons of Anarchy logo comes up at the very end.

Just a few more episodes left in the season.

Ok, Big fan of the show. Was all set to agree with the suprano's refference. But this show cracked the facade to my mind. Not shattered but cracked.

#1 These guys are all murderers. Letting the Irish, and the old man live is pretty unbelievable.

#2 The actor Playing Op is doing a great job. He's big and scary, and all of the sudden thoughful. I think the believeableness of that role is all tied to the actor, the premise is totally not believable. Sure he draws down on the ATF agent and lets her live. Sure she breaks down and doesn't jack him up for drawing down on her.

#3 As great as this show is, They are skirting the edge of jumping the shark with the next episode. Plausible outcome, huge blood bath; top Arian get's what they gave to Otto. His daughter get's what they gave to Jemma.

Jumping the shark outcome. Forgiveness and good comradship continue to rule the day in SAMCRO. Jax and the lads negotiate a regime change inside the neo-nazi's based upon their leaders deal making with the mexicans. In retaliation for Jema, the Bombing, Otto getting blinded, and getting set up at the pro hotel, church, and crack house; They pick ten of their best guys and have a fist fight resulting in new respect all the way around between SAMCRO and the Aryans..

That would make me vomit, and renounce the show.

What made the suprano's great was you liked the monsters and week after week they proved they were monsters. SOA seems to be suggesting the monsters aren't monsters, but misunderstood heros or something. Which is tragically overdone and unimaginitive premise. totally unbelieveable here.

Hero's don't waste their buddies or their buddies wives.

#2 The actor Playing Op is doing a great job. He's big and scary, and all of the sudden thoughful. I think the believeableness of that role is all tied to the actor, the premise is totally not believable. Sure he draws down on the ATF agent and lets her live. Sure she breaks down and doesn't jack him up for drawing down on her.

in this case i dont think it was unbelievable because she knows she's somewhat responsible for Donna's death. had she not lied & planted those seeds, there would be no reason for clay to even put the hit on Opie.

i definitely agree though, the dude who plays Opie does a great job in that role

What made the suprano's great was you liked the monsters and week after week they proved they were monsters. SOA seems to be suggesting the monsters aren't monsters, but misunderstood heros or something. Which is tragically overdone and unimaginitive premise. totally unbelieveable here.

Hero's don't waste their buddies or their buddies wives.

i dont get that vibe from the show. the way i see it is that SOA is presented as a sub-culture. the only thing that matters to them is the rules within it. which is why clay putting a hit on Opie, given what he thought he knew at the time, makes sense. SAMCRO's ultimate goal is the preservation of the club, and that takes precedent over everything else, including family & friends
No ****!

THat was one bizarre episode. WTF was with Gemma trying to get it on with the other guy??

Anyway, love the show. Can't wait to see those aryan guys get blasted.

gemma was more or less worried about clay not wanting her anymore since she had been raped, she was just looking for some comfort and got wrapped up in that spot

i'm not entirely certain, but something about the way they interacted before they almost had sex kinda makes me think her & Tig may have had something going on in the past.

i dont get that vibe from the show. the way i see it is that SOA is presented as a sub-culture. the only thing that matters to them is the rules within it. which is why clay putting a hit on Opie, given what he thought he knew at the time, makes sense. SAMCRO's ultimate goal is the preservation of the club, and that takes precedent over everything else, including family & friends

I'm not saying SOA has jumped the shark. What I'm saying is it seems to me that they are trying to resolve the story arch without sacrificing any of their great characters....

It was precariously perched on the precipice of unbelievability that the entire club diidn't errupt in civil war based upon the revolation of Ops wifes murder.... Precariously perched.

If they try to resolve the Arian dispute with the same bloodless theme, The show belongs in the genre with Charlies angels without the hot chicks, not being compared with the suprano's...

When Tony Suprano found a rat in his organization... he wasted them, didn't matter who they were. Heck Tony wasted folks for not following his advice. For offending folks Tony didn't want offended.

That's all Im saying.

i'm not entirely certain, but something about the way they interacted before they almost had sex kinda makes me think her & Tig may have had something going on in the past.

Looked to me like there was a photo of two kids with Jema playing on the beach. One was clearly Jax. I'm guessing Tig was the other. Jema was a mother figure to him. I thought that is what ended it.

I enjoyed last night a lot.

Jemma hooking up with Tig was weird.

I thought there was another son of Jemma that died. Jax's brother.

They dynamic with (White, Yellow, Black) etc is coming to a head. I'm sure they already have the next storyline ready. I imagine it will involve another chapter so they can introduce some new characters. Maybe Civil War in Samcro

They dynamic with (White, Yellow, Black) etc is coming to a head. I'm sure they already have the next storyline ready. I imagine it will involve another chapter so they can introduce some new characters. Maybe Civil War in Samcro

Didn't it make your liver bleed just a little bit to see the preview of Jax and the Arian dude challenging each other ten best guys to a fist fight?

That's right out of a lame 1970's sitcom. I'm just saying if that's how this ends up, I'll be very disappointed in one of the most promising shows to come along in a while.

My 10 vs. your 10?

Ask yourself what would Sonny, Don Corlione or Michael do in "Godfather"? What would Tony Suprano do? Then ask yourself what Hanibal Smith would do on "A-Team".

That's the casm of believability we are talking about here if the SoA settle this dispute with the Aryan brotherhood with a fist fight.

I don't know. A lot of the stuff they throw out there is all about protecting their own "honor" or whatever.

It never ends up how the previews make it look.

I would argue that the Corlione family had honor. They had their own type of honor. But that didn't mean if you messed with them they challenged you to a fist fight. It meant if you messed with them they shot you in the eye while you were getting a back rub, or they trapped you in a revolving door or elivador and shot gunned you. Or they told you they were going to let you go and then strangled you in the car going to the airport.

Honor doesn't excuse stupidity... let's brawl with guys who just raped your bosses wife, fire bombed your club, framed you for three feloneis and stole your clubs primary lively hood. That's stupid.

Looked to me like there was a photo of two kids with Jema playing on the beach. One was clearly Jax. I'm guessing Tig was the other. Jema was a mother figure to him. I thought that is what ended it.
Tig is older than Jax. Jax grew up with Opie, but he also had a younger brother who died later on.

Gemma's a mother figure to pretty much the whole club, and I think Tig got freaked out because he saw the picture of Jax and either Opie or his brother and just thought twice about the family dynamic he was about to mess up.

Didn't it make your liver bleed just a little bit to see the preview of Jax and the Arian dude challenging each other ten best guys to a fist fight?

That's right out of a lame 1970's sitcom. I'm just saying if that's how this ends up, I'll be very disappointed in one of the most promising shows to come along in a while.

As Buford already pointed out, the previews are very rarely indicative of what happens in each episode, and with two episodes still left in the season, I'm going out on a limb and saying that it probably won't end with them in some 10 vs 10 brawl.

#1 These guys are all murderers. Letting the Irish, and the old man live is pretty unbelievable.

Why would they kill the Irish? The IRA are their only route to getting guns at the moment, as the Triads are under tough immigration watch and can't get weapons for the foreseeable future.

And they can't kill Piney. He's a co-founder of SAMCRO and was just freaking out over the news of Clay being directly involved in Donna's death. That would be senseless retaliation to kill him just because he took a shot at Clay in the heat of the moment. Clay also isn't going to kill Opie's dad after it just came out that he had a hand in killing his wife.

SAMCRO's a pretty tight knit group, and there's not that many of them in this chapter, so they can't go around killing each other for just anything. As long as everybody tries to keep the best interest of the club in mind, there's no real grounds to off someone.

On a side note, Opie is played by Ryan Hurst, who some might remember as Gerry from Remember The Titans. Kind of bizarre to look back on his role in that film and see him now in Sons of Anarchy. Pretty good actor.

Ok, I watched the episode last night.

Never saw the Tig/Jemma thing coming, that was out of the blue, but it was played like it had been simmering for awhile between them. Also Tig's confession was a huge "wow" for me, I knew they had to move that plot along but I never figured that it would come from Tig himself. What's amazing is that the authority in SAMCRO had been given squarely to after Jax's return, but with Tig's revelation Clay was hit hard, and all the sudden everyone is looking to Jax because Clay can't be trusted. What's cool is that Opie turned to Jax and they will probably be working together to remove Clay from leadership.

I did like the fact that Clay came to Jax and asked him how to play the Aryan thing, that spoke well of Clay and his awareness of the pitfalls in their retaliation.

Stark had her "tough ATF" agent mask cracked again, much the same way as when she had her head bounced off the table last year. What's more is that Op bought the club a measure of good will from her, and as such seems to be playing it more like Jax than Clay.

I do like the fact that Zobell is not a "true believer" but I'd actually like to see SAMCRO work to destroy the Aryan's from within rather than having the season ending face off. It did look though by the previews that the 9'ers are backing up SAMCRO, but I've come to distrust previews.

I will be interested in seeing how the thing with Clay offing Donna plays out through the rest of the Sons, I guess that'll have to wait 'til next year.

Good stuff all around once again and looking forward to Tuesday!

Ok, I watched the episode last night.

Never saw the Tig/Jemma thing coming, that was out of the blue, but it was played like it had been simmering for awhile between them.

I agree, the Tig and Jemma thing caught my off guard as well. I'm not sure if there was a history to it or not, although that first kiss between them did seem awfully casual and natural. I will say that Tig was drunk out of his mind and has been feeling guiltier and guiltier with each episode and may have been looking for solace somewhere, anywhere. Also, Jemma was obviously concerned about whether Clay would leave her, whether she was still desirable, and so she was looking for some comfort as well. And, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when they were kinda "going at it", I must say that it seemed like she was kinda... recreating her rape, a little. Tig is safe because he's in the Club, but he's also the kind of guy to be rough with his women, to toss them aside when he's done with them. I dunno, it just had me wondering how much Jemma is still trying to get past what happened to her, especially having had to resurrect it all when she had to tell Clay and Jax about the rape.

And I think it's very interesting how much forgiveness, acceptance, understanding, and thoughtfulness there was in this episode. A lot of stuff came out all at once, And it has seemed to draw everyone together, rather than pull them apart. Donna's murder should have created an instant rift, and would have if it had come out immediately. But Jax's discretion has allowed the situation to develop in such a way that no one demanded Clay's head. Well, except Piney. And he tried to assassinate the President of the Club and it was forgiven, something that wouldn't have happened without all of the information, which everyone can handle now.

Opie has gotten to the point where he didn't immediately kill Tig, or Clay, or even Stahl. Again, I doubt that would have happened if the truth had come out immediately.

Jemma's rape, had she told everyone as soon as it happened, would have had the Club looking for blood in the ugliest kind of way, and it would have played right into Zobelle's hands and likely been the end of the Club.

And Chib's kinda ratting on the True IRA might have been the end of him, if everything weren't already going to Hell. It's been a time for forgiveness in SAMCRO.

And it has definitely been Jax and Jemma working as hard as possible, even to their own detriment, to keep the Club alive. Without them, Zobelle or Stahl or somebody would have destroyed the Club by now.

One thing I would like to know: there has been no mention of bodies found in the burnt remains of Cara Cara. What the hell happened to Darby and the no-longer-capable-to-be-a-chronic-masturbator guy? I keep expecting them to show up somewhere.

Tig is older than Jax. Jax grew up with Opie, but he also had a younger brother who died later on.

The kid in the picture he looked at looked older than the blond haired kid who I took for Jax. But I don't know.

As Buford already pointed out, the previews are very rarely indicative of what happens in each episode, and with two episodes still left in the season, I'm going out on a limb and saying that it probably won't end with them in some 10 vs 10 brawl.

I hope you are right. The first two shows in this series stunk; since that time its been getting better and better. This weeks show was pretty much gold. I hope it continues to grow in complexity, not evaporates into stupidity.

Why would they kill the Irish? The IRA are their only route to getting guns at the moment, as the Triads are under tough immigration watch and can't get weapons for the foreseeable future.

I was talking about the Welsh member of SamCro. He ratted, and they just passed it off. That was troubling to me.

On a side note, Opie is played by Ryan Hurst, who some might remember as Gerry from Remember The Titans. Kind of bizarre to look back on his role in that film and see him now in Sons of Anarchy. Pretty good actor.

I didn't think he was that great in Titans. It wasn't a very demanding role. In this role he's down playing it and it's been really effective. He's doing a great job. One of the best characters on the show.

One thing I would like to know: there has been no mention of bodies found in the burnt remains of Cara Cara. What the hell happened to Darby and the no-longer-capable-to-be-a-chronic-masturbator guy? I keep expecting them to show up somewhere.

Same here. I'm guessing next week when they turn the Aryans against each other.

I hope you are right. The first two shows in this series stunk; since that time its been getting better and better. This weeks show was pretty much gold. I hope it continues to grow in complexity, not evaporates into stupidity.

I'm totally giving them the benefit of the doubt so far in that I haven't seen any indication that their writers are getting stupid.

I didn't think he was that great in Titans. It wasn't a very demanding role. In this role he's down playing it and it's been really effective. He's doing a great job. One of the best characters on the show.

I totally agree, last year early on Opie seemed to be like the Prospect just kind of a flat side character, but he has really developed into a complex character and a main player, and his "strong silent type" works to his advantage.

I was talking about the Welsh member of SamCro. He ratted, and they just passed it off. That was troubling to me.

Chibs ratted on the IRA for the sake of his family's protection, not the Sons, in fact he's still trying to gain immunity for the Sons. Like Clay said, he hasn't signed anything official yet, as long as he figures something else out it's not any problem. Besides, Clay's in a really delicate place right now with his power over the club, he can't start pulling moves on other people over just anything.

Maybe he wasn't that great in Titans, I thought he was solid enough for the role, but really my point was that that's an extremely different role than playing Opie on this show. Just some impressive versatility IMO.

I saw this too so I don't think you're reading too much into it.
I thought the same thing, like she wanted to be taken advantage of. Interesting subtle note there.

Archived