Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Alexander's Ready to Play

Jofizz

Posted at 12:22 PM ET, 10/15/2008

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/10/alexanders_ready_to_play.html

Alexander's Ready to Play

Jason La Canfora reports:

Shaun Alexander has been out of football since the end of last season, but says he expects to play Sunday against Cleveland, backing up Clinton Portis.

"That's the plan," Alexander said. "I'll be ready."

Alexander said his ties to Jim Zorn, Stump Mitchell, Chris Samuels (a college teammate) and Portis (they became friends at a Pro Bowl) made the Redskins an obvious choice for him.

"It just fits," he said."I'm really excited."

Alexander said he is fully healthy for the first time since 2005 - "for the first time I finally got to heal all the way up," he said - and that when Mitchell called Monday to ask if he was in shape and ready to work out for the Skins, he leaped at the opportunity, getting his three young daughters excited to move here from Seattle.

Alexander was still not healthy this spring, so he said the delay in being signed was not a huge surprise.

"Football is a business, and everyhody had to put their team together," he said. "I had to sit and wait my time that way."

Mark Maske is at the owners' meetings in Florida and just posted an intriguing item about the possibility of a spring NFL game.

it would just be to much for me to handle if SA gets to the same form in 2005...We've all wanted to see CP do what he did in 2005 again and this year he had the best off season of work and healing and look what we got now..Alexander feels fully healthy still in shape and is with one of the best rushing offensive lines in the league..In the past 3 years the skins still have been one of the better rushing offensive lines in the league while seagals were one if the better offensive lines once in 3 years...

Im excited. How much more can you ask for in a backup? Betts is an amazing backup but since he is hurt, we really cannot ask for more right now. And if he gets back to form, can you imagine the one two punch? Put Portis and Alexander both in the backfield to keep defenses guessing who will get the ball....

He'll start off okay, angry and looking to prove something.

Problem is that when he gets banged up, he plays SOFT. Limited role and if there is a gaping hole, he can be serviceable. Other than that...

He's as soft as baby poo. I don't get why people are drinking the kool-aid on this signing. Hopefully, Betts can make a speedy recovery and get back to that #2 spot.

He's as soft as baby poo. I don't get why people are drinking the kool-aid on this signing. Hopefully, Betts can make a speedy recovery and get back to that #2 spot.

There is no kool-aid to drink.

He is a member of the Washington Redskins now. As fans, we are showing our support for him to do good things in the B & G uniform.

That is what fans do.

Try it. :)

There is no kool-aid to drink.

He is a member of the Washington Redskins now. As fans, we are showing our support for him to do good things in the B & G uniform.

That is what fans do.

Try it. :)

U still have a Jeff George poster on your wall? Because as "fans" we support our players.

Archived