Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network, Deion Sanders and thug talk

RedskinsFanatic

So the NFL networks infaution with everything cowboys continues. The first 13 minutes of NFL news was dedicated to talking about the trade involving the Lions/Cowboys and of course about Adam 'don't call me Pacman' Jones..and now we eternally have Deion Sanders linked to him so he can now be the voice of pacman for all of us. Deion goes on and on about how adam is just misunderstoon (really?)..how we need to give him the benefit of the doubt (wasn't he reinstated already?) how adam has a 'good team' around him (obviously). And for the record, if you have a player that NEEDS bodyguards around him to protect him from himself perhaps that might not be the best person to have around..I don't know, I could be thinking outside the box on that one.

ENOUGH is enough though, a thug is a thug is a thug. Why must we continue to hear about this crap? we get what Jerrah thinks, what Deion thinks..we get to hear what the 'NFL networks panel thinks..sweet Jesus enough.

Okay, i'm done ranting. :logo:

Deion has been defending Pacman since he's been with the Boys....nothing new there.

I thought Deion would stay quiet now that Pacman is suspended. He was on the record last week sayin Pacman was innocent and that he talked to him and his Fiance after the incident. And that everything was blown out of proportion. Blah blah blah....

So the NFL networks infaution with everything cowboys continues. The first 13 minutes of NFL news was dedicated to talking about the trade involving the Lions/Cowboys and of course about Adam 'don't call me Pacman' Jones..and now we eternally have Deion Sanders linked to him so he can now be the voice of pacman for all of us. Deion goes on and on about how adam is just misunderstoon (really?)..how we need to give him the benefit of the doubt (wasn't he reinstated already?) how adam has a 'good team' around him (obviusly). And for the record, if you have a player that NEEDS bodyguards around him to protect him from himself perhaps that might not be the best person to have around..I don't know, I could be thinking outside the box on that one.

ENOUGH is enough though, a thug is a thug is a thug. Why must we continue to hear about this crap? we get what Jerrah thinks, what Deion thinks..we get to hear what the 'NFL networks panel thinks..sweet Jesus enough.

Okay, i'm done ranting. :logo:

The quickest solution to this problem would probably have been to just turn the channel and not listened to that blowhard.

lol

After Sean Taylors death there was a lot of talk from certain media sources and some posters on here, as well as on other message boards about how Sean was a thug and had always been. I've learned to avoid the "a thug is a thug" idea, because it's been since evidenced out that that's not true.

Granted, this is a totally different situation, and I believe that Pacman is guilty, and totally deserves this punishment, and I think it should be more severe than only 4 games. He's had plenty of chances, and has screwed them all up. I would like to believe, however, he has at least TRIED to change.

I just don't like the thought that a person can't change, because we all know that that's not true.

The reason Deion is defending him is because he is a bit of a thug as well. My ex went to high school with him, and when we lived in South Florida, everytime Deion came "home" he got in trouble. One time he was arrested for punching a jewelry store clerk at Edison Mall. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with not being waited on immediately. I think he was playing for the Falcons then (late '80's).

My point is, consider the source, and then change the channel...

After Sean Taylors death there was a lot of talk from certain media sources and some posters on here, as well as on other message boards about how Sean was a thug and had always been. I've learned to avoid the "a thug is a thug" idea, because it's been since evidenced out that that's not true.

Granted, this is a totally different situation, and I believe that Pacman is guilty, and totally deserves this punishment, and I think it should be more severe than only 4 games. He's had plenty of chances, and has screwed them all up. I would like to believe, however, he has at least TRIED to change.

I just don't like the thought that a person can't change, because we all know that that's not true.

Very good point, my wording was harsh and I shouldn't have used the word 'thug'. My frustration of hearing about that situation and the infatuation of the media with it made my judgement cloudy.

Anyone can change, I personally just don't think adam as a man wants to change.

Its a cowpoke problem. Can you imagine him being on the Redskins and trying to justify why he needs FOUR BodyGuards and he still gets into trouble??

I won't dredge up that post earlier in the year that someone called the Redskins idiots for not pursuing PacMac, but that guy better be happy that the GM had the insight that Maddenites didn't have.

I subjected myself to a few minutes on the 212 listening to Deion apologizing for Punkman Jones by saying that it was an "in house" incident for which Goodell shouldn't be involved.

At least Marshall Faulk and Terrel Davis disagreed, refusing to bow to Cowboy homerism.

This whole thing is even funnier if you watched Hard Knocks this season. There was an extended look at Pacman and Primetime out fishing on his boat talking about responsibilities. It showed Deion (who Pacman referred to as a father figure) talking Pacman into calling Roger Goodell to thank him for reinstating him. It was a 10 on the unintentional comedy scale.

I cannot stand how he tries to act like he is the greatest mentor on the face of the planet. He sticks up for bad behavior way too often and it isn't justified whatsoever!

My friend and I always joke around about Deion...we'll throw out the "I received a text message from T.O.'s uncle yesterday and he is doing just fine." Its ridiculous how he feels the need to draw a connection to the players and act as if he is so heavily involved in their lives. He may be, but honestly just do your job Deion.

as soon as i heard deion try to discredit the police report I stopped listening. He wasnt even there so how can he say the cops are wrong?

deion is just making himself look more foolish then when he used to dance in the end zone even though he team was down by 28 points.

The reason Deion is defending him is because he is a bit of a thug as well. My ex went to high school with him, and when we lived in South Florida, everytime Deion came "home" he got in trouble. One time he was arrested for punching a jewelry store clerk at Edison Mall. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with not being waited on immediately. I think he was playing for the Falcons then (late '80's).

My point is, consider the source, and then change the channel...

================================

I'm calling BOGUS on this. Deion is great in this community, and never got in serious trouble. His incidents with local law eforcement are well documented in the News-Press.com archives if your interested.

One arrest was for fishing at the airport, which was illegal, but Deion fished there since he was a kid. And Deion likes bass fishing, real thug type activity.

The Edison mall incident happened because the clerk did not know who Sanders was and he was drawing a crowd. The guy insulted Deion plain and simple, like he could not afford the bling.

The other incident was a traffic stop for no reason other than Deion being Black and driving a brand new SL. He did'nt react kindly to it, and neither would I. The police in that case were repremanded.

Talk crap about Deion the ****y son of a guy he was, but I met his Mom, I know the type of family he is from. His Mom did not let him run the streets, he played sports. He tried hard to give back to this community, they were'nt always nice him.

================================

I'm calling BOGUS on this. Deion is great in this community, and never got in serious trouble. His incidents with local law eforcement are well documented in the News-Press.com archives if your interested.

One arrest was for fishing at the airport, which was illegal, but Deion fished there since he was a kid. And Deion likes bass fishing, real thug type activity.

The Edison mall incident happened because the clerk did not know who Sanders was and he was drawing a crowd. The guy insulted Deion plain and simple, like he could not afford the bling.

The other incident was a traffic stop for no reason other than Deion being Black and driving a brand new SL. He did'nt react kindly to it, and neither would I. The police in that case were repremanded.

Talk crap about Deion the ****y son of a guy he was, but I met his Mom, I know the type of family he is from. His Mom did not let him run the streets, he played sports. He tried hard to give back to this community, they were'nt always nice him.

I can believe what you say, but this little peice in here is confusing. So, being disrespected or thinking that he couldn't afford jewelry gives a person a right to punch another person? You're way off on that one. He committed assult and deserved to be arrested. The clerk did not know who he was and whether or not he assumed Deion couldn't afford them is neither here nor there.

how old is this guy and he still needs a babysitter? Come on. He had time to change, he didn't. He should be banned, this type of person does not deserve to play

I've heard several people say that this could be a wake-up call for him. It makes me laugh everytime I hear it. This man is way beyond wake up calls.

Sorry, SWFLSkins. - I couldn't remember exactly. (I thought it was that he wasn't waited on.) We've all been desrespected by sales people. Still no reason to react that way IMO. He may have given back to the community, I wouldn't know. I only lived down there a couple of years and it seemed like he was getting in trouble quite a bit. I was never a fan of the Falcons so I didn't really follow everything he did.

Thanks for setting the record straight. I still think he talks too much and defends people that (IMO) shouldn't be defended.

I can believe what you say, but this little peice in here is confusing. So, being disrespected or thinking that he couldn't afford jewelry gives a person a right to punch another person? You're way off on that one. He committed assult and deserved to be arrested. The clerk did not know who he was and whether or not he assumed Deion couldn't afford them is neither here nor there.

Got ya, I don't defend his actions on that one. I thought it should be all laid out for what it is worth. The poster said Deion was a thug and got into trouble all the time when he came home, well you decide, thug or No.

I am just saying that I can see how it got to that at the store. Deion at the time was very immature and it was at the height of his Neion Deion days. He regretted ever being there or doing that from what I know. We all are not perfect for sure, but Sanders for all he is or is not, is most definately not a thug or ever has been. A jackass at times, by even his own admission. Thug, NO.

Sorry, SWFLSkins. - I couldn't remember exactly. (I thought it was that he wasn't waited on.) We've all been desrespected by sales people. Still no reason to react that way IMO. He may have given back to the community, I wouldn't know. I only lived down there a couple of years and it seemed like he was getting in trouble quite a bit. I was never a fan of the Falcons so I didn't really follow everything he did.

Thanks for setting the record straight. I still think he talks too much and defends people that (IMO) shouldn't be defended.

No problem there, thanks for owning up. I agree, he talks to much and wonder why is he always envolved with trying to speak on someone else's behalf is beyond me.

Archived