Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nintendo Wii / Wii Fit

CandaceM23

So I'm late to the game ... but I now have a wii.

I'm officially addicted to this stupid thing. I spent the entire weekend boxing, bowling and playing Mario Cart. I'm looking into new games and stuff, and I'm kind of interested in getting a Wii Fit.

I think that Major Harris started a thread a while ago about Wii Fit, but it's not coming up when I search .... So, anyone have a Wii Fit? Is it worth the money?

And what other games can you guys recommend? I'm really not the shoot em up Medal of Honor type of person. I like puzzle games and crap like Mario Cart.

:)

Yes, the Wii Fit is worth the money. Although, if you aren't in super shape, it will tell you that you are overweight or even obese. But it turns exercise into fun. You'll be doing the games for an hour and not even realize it.

Awesome. That is what I was hoping to hear.

I'm getting ready to move into a house ... which is going to make my commute a substantial bit longer ... and exercising at a gym really isn't an option because there's not a gym in the area ... and I have an elliptical machine and a bike, but I want something a little different. So I think that wii is definitely an option for me.

Well there's Mario Party 8 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics which is pretty good but exhausting. If you were into shooters I would've suggested Metroid Prime 3. Oh and if you love the punching game in Wii Sports, Nintendo is making a new Punch Out game.

Well there's Mario Party 8 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics which is pretty good but exhausting. If you were into shooters I would've suggested Metroid Prime 3. Oh and if you love the punching game in Wii Sports, Nintendo is making a new Punch Out game.

Awesome. Boxing rules .... I love it.

I will have to look into Mario Party then! Thanks for the suggestion!

Candace what's your Friend Code? We could play some Mario Kart online sometime if you want. I'm not that good but I still like racing against people.

I don't have it hooked up so that I can play everyone else yet .... but that should happen within the next two weeks or so. As soon as I get it up and running, I'll post it so that I can play against some of you folks!!!

If you wanna start getting into real games, try Super Mario Galaxy. Maybe that game will further reel you into the gaming scene. Maybe if you're curious to see the roots of mario you can buy Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World on Virtual Console to get an idea of how a true platformer game is supposed to be. If they sell Mario 64 on virtual console (not sure if they do), then you can play the best 3d platformer ever made.

If you want to get into the action/adventure genre, you can try out The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Great visuals, great gameplay, great story, and a REALLY long game. high quality if you're into that type of game.

edit: oh, and I always loved Dr. Mario on my gameboy when I was younger. Its a bit like tetris except instead of clearing lines you're trying to kill viruses. I believe they have a Dr. Mario for WiiWare which I'd check out if I were you since you're into puzzle games.

wiiware game: tv quiz show.

my major complaint about wii fit is that you can't set up an exercise routine that you can move through quickly. you have to pick each exercise individually, then they give you points for your performance. basically, it adds 10 minutes or so to a 30 minute workout.

So I'm late to the game ... but I now have a wii.

I'm officially addicted to this stupid thing. I spent the entire weekend boxing, bowling and playing Mario Cart. I'm looking into new games and stuff I like puzzle games and crap like Mario Cart.

:)

I can't believe I forgot to mention Boom Blox. Anybody that has a Wii and loves Puzzle games should get Boom Blox. It's very underrated but gets good reviews. You might want to buy Da Blob too. It's stupid fun action/puzzle game on the Wii and I rather enjoy it. Don't forget Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barboros.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Boom Blox

Da Blob

Zack and Wiki: QFB

Mario Party 8

Archived